You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, moof said:

If he can find one instance of anybody on this forum ever uttering the words “Jews are western imperialist colonisers” or words to that effect then I will leave the forum forever 

Well so far, after 5 minutes of looking, the precise phrases I've found are "colonial conquest" and "exclusionary Zionist project and Western colonial rule". But I think I'll stop there as I'd rather you didn't leave on my account.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

He was asked a question, whichever way he answered was going to be pounced upon. He told you/everyone why he didnt want to answer and lo and behold the insults fly and the brave lads form a pack.

I would have respected him if he just said yes or no instead of weaselling like a Tory. Of-course he could have just told me to fuck off and mind my own business. 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well so far, after 5 minutes of looking, the precise phrases I've found are "colonial conquest" and "exclusionary Zionist project and Western colonial rule". But I think I'll stop there as I'd rather you didn't leave on my account.

Where? 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Where does any of that mention Jews? You are awful

1 minute ago, moof said:

That isn’t remotely close to what he claimed. 

Yeah I was just laughing a minute ago then realised that having Jews in the search result too might not be so easy to find. I guess that's what happens when you've had 1 hours sleep for most of the last 24 hours. I should fuck off back to twitter/news sites for a bit and see if the Tory campaign is still going off the rails instead.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Seriously, who else can it possibly be referring to?

You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly disingenuous. Or both. 

Criticism of Israel does not equate to criticism of Jewish people. Astounding that would need to post that but there we are 

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah I was just laughing a minute ago then realised that having Jews in the search result too might not be so easy to find. I guess that's what happens when you've had 1 hours sleep for most of the last 24 hours. I should fuck off back to twitter/news sites for a bit and see if the Tory campaign is still going off the rails instead.

No worries mate, it definitely is still going well off the rails. Happy viewing!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I would have respected him if he just said yes or no instead of weaselling like a Tory. Of-course he could have just told me to fuck off and mind my own business. 

You were purposely cornering him in order to get digs and insults in. You are an honest bloke, you know what you were doing. I believe you when you say you didnt understand the issue when calling SD vermin, but look up the film "The Eternal Jew".

Just now, moof said:

You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly disingenuous. Or both. 

Criticism of Israel does not equate to criticism of Jewish people. Astounding that would need to post that but there we are 

I really don't think I'm the stupid one here. 

Nobody said criticism of Israel was equal to criticism of Jewish people, so that's a straw man. 

Nevertheless, it remains a fact that those "colonial conquerors" and "Western colonialists" were all Jews.

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Seems like a pretty selective quote considering the original context.  Doesn't appear to be the words of a poster at all.  Not trying to pile on here at all (in fact, feels like one of those times where quite a few here could do with going outside for a bit), but I looked it up because it was a concerning turn of phrase and so I followed your advice and looked up the context.

In fact, to quote another AoT quote in the thread, "I'm not always Stronts's biggest fan, but this knee-jerk abuse is tedious."

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@moofHey - I asked AoT but he never answered  -  does Corbyn have to step down if he loses the GE?

I don’t know if he necessarily has to straight away, but if the tories win a majority then it will definitely be time to try something new and I suspect he would probably step down voluntarily if such an event were to occur 

edit: if it were up to me then he would remain in situ as I believe he’s the best politician this country has produced in a very long time and the best chance at building some framework for a better society - obviously if he loses then it’s hard to defend the project as feasible going forward but I think there are still legs in it, although the calls for him to go will probably become too loud to ignore. 

3 minutes ago, moof said:

I don’t know if he necessarily has to straight away, but if the tories win a majority then it will definitely be time to try something new and I suspect he would probably step down voluntarily if such an event were to occur 

edit: if it were up to me then he would remain in situ as I believe he’s the best politician this country has produced in a very long time and the best chance at building some framework for a better society - obviously if he loses then it’s hard to defend the project as feasible going forward but I think there are still legs in it, although the calls for him to go will probably become too loud to ignore. 

I don't see why Corbyn going has to be the end of your "project". Surveys consistently show that people prefer the Labour Party to its leader. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who is broadly of the same political mind, without the decades of baggage that Corbyn brings, should it?

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't see why Corbyn going has to be the end of your "project". Surveys consistently show that people prefer the Labour Party to its leader. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who is broadly of the same political mind, without the decades of baggage that Corbyn brings, should it?

I didn’t say it was the end of the project, I said it would become hard to defend as feasible on the off-chance the tories win a majority. I don’t think there are many leaders within labour ready made to take over from a man like Corbyn, no 

• Upvote 1