Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 960 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

16 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’d rather not get bogged down on something as mind-numbing dull if that’s ok lads. I don’t really care that much if some randos think Corbyn is not a stateman. I’m sure he wouldn’t either. We’re better than that. Let’s focus on the meatier stuff.

Absolutely. What has Rachel Riley been up to lately?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I get you like him, that’s fine.  But until now he’s never had a senior position, sponsored any significant legislation, represented a labour government internationally.  Sure, he’s had pet projects and visited them but he’s a back bencher.  

How did you read that I like him from my post?

I criticised his beard for Christ’s sake!

40 minutes ago, Mudface said:

So Barry's gay, and he's Riley's beard?

No, Barry is a beard and Riley ate her baby for being gay and anti-semitic. 

Thats what I took from it anyway. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Last I heard she’s still pregnant. Is that right @Barry Wom?

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Wait?! Barry is the father of Rachel Riley’s baby?

Last I heard you can't get them pregnant with bum love. 

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

How did you read that I like him from my post?

I criticised his beard for Christ’s sake!

Sorry. 

but you’ll be on a list now for not worshipping the beard.  

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I get you like him, that’s fine.  But until now he’s never had a senior position, sponsored any significant legislation, represented a labour government internationally.  Sure, he’s had pet projects and visited them but he’s a back bencher.  

If we compare and contrast, say with Boris, there you have someone who has indeed held senior positions, sponsored significant legislation, and represented a Tory government internationally.

And fucked each and every assignment up.

But I guess you like him, because hes a "character"

2 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

If we compare and contrast, say with Boris, there you have someone who has indeed held senior positions, sponsored significant legislation, and represented a Tory government internationally.

And fucked each and every assignment up.

But I guess you like him, because hes a "character"

No, he’s a complete fucking buffoon.  He’s a disgrace to the role and I’d imagine 99.9% of the country are embarrassed by him.  And still Corbyn is behind.  

(I’m sure a search of ‘Johnson’ will show I’ve never liked the cunt) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

No, he’s a complete fucking buffoon.  He’s a disgrace to the role and I’d imagine 99.9% of the country are embarrassed by him.  And still Corbyn is behind.  

(I’m sure a search of ‘Johnson’ will show I’ve never liked the cunt) 

But the people embarrassed by The Cunt will still vote for him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

But the people embarrassed by The Cunt will still vote for him.

Then give them a credible alternative. Keir Starmer would walk this.  Where is he, locked up with JRM? 

Obviously this will be instantly dismissed as "Skwawkbox" but it actually quotes an IPSO report about the Jewish Chronicle. 

It looks like they've cobbled together a shoddy, untrue piece about the bullying of Louise Ellman in the Riverside CLP meetings. 

I think we should take any future allegations from the "Jewish S*n" with a rather large pinch of salt. 

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/11/29/ipso-hammers-jewish-chronicle-for-attacks-on-labour-supporter-and-its-conduct-during-investigation/

https://www.ipso.co.uk/rulings-and-resolution-statements/ruling/

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Then give them a credible alternative. Keir Starmer would walk this.  Where is he, locked up with JRM? 

Why is Corbyn any less credible than Boris? 

7 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Why is Corbyn any less credible than Boris? 

Because not everyone has been waiting for a far-left knight to ride in and save them. Middle of the the road labour were very successful and most people were happy. You could tell that by all the voting. People don’t trust Corbyn, don’t believe that someone who’s been a fringe and often divisive MP is the man to lead them to the promised land.  He’s made a career out of bashing the West for years.  People don’t like that. He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is.  Prince Andrew is a nonce because he had nonce mates and wouldn’t stop knocking about with them.  Who are JCs mates? 

37 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Because not everyone has been waiting for a far-left knight to ride in and save them. Middle of the the road labour were very successful and most people were happy. You could tell that by all the voting. People don’t trust Corbyn, don’t believe that someone who’s been a fringe and often divisive MP is the man to lead them to the promised land.  He’s made a career out of bashing the West for years.  People don’t like that. He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is.  Prince Andrew is a nonce because he had nonce mates and wouldn’t stop knocking about with them.  Who are JCs mates? 

You argued your point well up until

"He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is. "

then your Daily Heil tendencies came out.

57 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

You argued your point well up until

"He is viewed as a terrorist sympathiser, you can argue but he is. "

then your Daily Heil tendencies came out.

That’s the way he’s viewed by a lot of people. The fact you don’t think he is doesn’t matter. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

So if Starmer put taxes up and supported nationalisation you would vote for Labour with Starmer as leader? Did you vote for Labour under Ed Miliband? 

Maybe all the leave voters would say let's forget Brexit because Keir Starmer. 

He is viewed that way. Usually by misinformed (brainwashed), uneducated or those who simply chose not to try see another point of view.

He has always sided with the underdog (hence his support for Palestine). I'm sure if you asked him he'd say he supports the Catalan struggle for independence. I've seen no evidence for this other than that's the man he is. The old way of trying to get what you wanted was via the IRA/ETA/Hamas methods until they realised dialogue is best. Corbyn has always encouraged dialogue. Can't understand anyone arguing against that.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

So if Starmer put taxes up and supported nationalisation you would vote for Labour with Starmer as leader? Did you vote for Labour under Ed Miliband? 

Maybe all the leave voters would say let's forget Brexit because Keir Starmer. 

I think Starmer would temper the policies that don’t sit well with the majority, he’s got less baggage, is a better speaker and much more likely to be elected. 

I voted for the party that would benefit me and my family the most. I know that’s bad and makes me worse than a nonce but, frankly, it worked.  

Labour should walk this.  But he won’t.  For one reason.  

20 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He is viewed that way. Usually by misinformed (brainwashed), uneducated or those who simply chose not to try see another point of view.

He has always sided with the underdog (hence his support for Palestine). I'm sure if you asked him he'd say he supports the Catalan struggle for independence. I've seen no evidence for this other than that's the man he is. The old way of trying to get what you wanted was via the IRA/ETA/Hamas methods until they realised dialogue is best. Corbyn has always encouraged dialogue. Can't understand anyone arguing against that.

But a vast majority of people aren’t involved or engaged. Show them multiple pictures and videos of him calling terrorists ‘friends’ and it’s not hard to say he’s sympathetic. Because he is.  
His first instinct is to be anti-west and he’s provided examples of that.  So for people like lots on here he’s just what they want.  But for most ‘normal’ voters he’s easily discredited. That’s a fact.