You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You'll never give them credit for anything I know, but GnasherJew, Stephen Pollard and other Twitter betes noires of the Labour left are accepting her explanation.

They are awful awful people but that should be enough to draw a line under this 

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am not a politician but even I would realise as I am typing that out (even before re-reading it, then hitting send) that might not be the best thing to put out there. At any time.

I think you're seeing that through a post-witchhunt prism. In 2012, it was perfectly alright to tweet something that's not in any way anti-Semitic and not imagine that anyone would accuse you of anti-Semitism. 

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It looks more like an unfortunate turn of phrase to me than anything sinister.

Yea ah, considering she used it a lot at the same time, I think that’s a fair assessment. I think it’s a stretch to say she was making jokes about Jews being gassed. 

49 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

No agenda whatsoever, in the clip posted he refuted what the meeting was about and then said all history is for all of us to discuss. 

He never said the Holocaust is up for discussion, as in did it happen or not. It appears they have not watched the clip they posted, strange. 

He demands every person vote with their conscience! He doesn't ask, he demands!

I hope all of the people who've slandered Corbyn in this way remember this when fascism in all forms (anti-semitism, islamophobia, homophobia etc) runs amok when the Tories win and Brexit happens!

I despise this country, and a large number of the cunts who reside in it!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

No agenda whatsoever, in the clip posted he refuted what the meeting was about and then said all history is for all of us to discuss. 

He never said the Holocaust is up for discussion, as in did it happen or not. It appears they have not watched the clip they posted, strange. 

He also clearly does not say that "anti-Semitism in the Labour Party is mischief": he says the timing of the raft of  allegations since Corbyn's election - and the suggestion that Corbyn permits or encourages anti-Semitism - is mischief. 

31 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Laura is getting a bit excited.

Well, yes, Laura... "unprecedented" because Islam doesn’t have a recognised leader equivalent to the Chief Rabbi.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/11/islamophobia-tory-matt-hancock-sayeeda-warsi-muslims