You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Honestly, I must have mentioned half a dozen times that my issue is with demanding others pay £15 an hour when you only pay £10 an hour yourself.

I have no issue with people paying their staff £15 an hour, or indeed £10 an hour, as a general rule.

Ok, he’s not demanding McDonald’s pay their staff £15 an hour, so that’s probably where you’re going wrong 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

An interesting article on the positive impact on the industry from pay increase for restaurant staff in NYC.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/F9A6A6CA-F99F-11E9-935A-3C448AA7D9BE?__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully this will convince the pay increase sceptics that most likely this will not result in a total catastrophe for the UK economy cc @Strontium Dog™ @A Red @Rico1304

Or me, I think minimum wages are a good idea. Certainly can’t see why young people are discriminated against simply on age.  

the other weird one is telling me you don’t care what I think then asking me questions or @‘ing me.  

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Honestly, I must have mentioned half a dozen times that my issue is with demanding others pay £15 an hour when you only pay £10 an hour yourself.

I have no issue with people paying their staff £15 an hour, or indeed £10 an hour, as a general rule.

Okay, so you don’t think Labour should support the strike for McDonalds staff pay increase, because Labour pay their er.. call centre staff less than what the McDonald’s staff are demanding?

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Okay, so you don’t think Labour should support the strike for McDonalds staff pay increase, because Labour pay their er.. call centre staff less than what the McDonald’s staff are demanding?

Let me put it this way: I think it's easier to grandstand about what other companies are paying their staff than it is to address the pay grievances of your own staff.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Or me, I think minimum wages are a good idea. Certainly can’t see why young people are discriminated against simply on age.  

the other weird one is telling me you don’t care what I think then asking me questions or @‘ing me.  

I was trying to help alleviate whatever concerns you might have with regards to this issue.

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Let me put it this way: I think it's easier to grandstand about what other companies are paying their staff than it is to address the pay grievances of your own staff.

Did Labour not address these “pay grievances” for their staff? They pay their call centre staff the same amount, if not more than what cash rich energy companies are paying theirs. One could only imagine your outrage had Labour relied solely on volunteers.

54 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

An interesting article on the positive impact on the industry from pay increase for restaurant staff in NYC.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/F9A6A6CA-F99F-11E9-935A-3C448AA7D9BE?__twitter_impression=true

Hopefully this will convince the pay increase sceptics that most likely this will not result in a total catastrophe for the UK economy cc @Strontium Dog™ @A Red @Rico1304

You're back to your annoying habits, missing the point, making ridiculous assumptions then asking stupid questions or in this case cc'ing.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Did Labour not address these “pay grievances” for their staff? They pay their call centre staff the same amount, if not more than what cash rich energy companies are paying theirs. One could only imagine your outrage had Labour relied solely on volunteers.

Define ‘rich’ in this case.  Have a look at the accounts, the cupboard is bare. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Was out leafleting this morning and bumped into an old bloke who was lamenting Corbyn for being in the IRA. Not just supporting the IRA, actively engaging in Irish Republican terrorism and shit. These people can’t be helped. 

He’ll learn the truth in the gulag. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Was out leafleting this morning and bumped into an old bloke who was lamenting Corbyn for being in the IRA. Not just supporting the IRA, actively engaging in Irish Republican terrorism and shit. These people can’t be helped. 

What did you say to him? 

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The right did accuse him of being the mastermind behind the Warrington bombing.

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I was talking to a bloke the other day and he thought that when he went to Praa Sands, a little beach village near here, that he was actually in Hawaii and everyone wore grass skirts.

• Upvote 2