Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 926 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Maajid Nawaz is not "the right".

Did you actually read Dr Ibrahim's thread or article? Do you have any comment on his conclusions?

Lol

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

People will allotments mostly grow hate.

Didn't he turn up to a Jewish festival with a gift of homegrown beetroot?

Fucking beetroot!

That's a hate-crime if ever I saw one.

Just now, Leyton388 said:

I've voted labour all my life but wont be voting for them again as they are an utter joke. 

Boris Johnson approves this message.

33 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I've voted labour all my life but wont be voting for them again as they are an utter joke. 

What’s your alternative? 

50 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Despite not being an entrenched hereditary Labour voter I have however only ever voted Labour and will likely continue to do so based on alignment with my core beliefs. Additionally I am neither a self serving cnut or driven by some perverse sense of I'm alright jack so fcuk everyone else.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Interestingly for the first time in my life I feel very strongly about supporting/voting Labour.

Specifically what is about the current party that you don't agree with?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Interestingly for the first time in my life I feel very strongly about supporting/voting Labour.

Specifically what is about the current party that you don't agree with?

There are a few things but most importantly the anti semitic issues that have dogged the party, the thought of Dianne Abbott being home secretary and their weird brexit stance where they will negotiate a deal with the EU then campaign against their own deal in the event of a second referendum.

Also Corbyn has done nothing but want an election the past 2 years and said once the ben bill was passed labour would vote for an election and when the bill passed he still voted against one. 

I've got a feeling labour are going to be decimated in the GE with leave labour voters voting UKIP or the brexit party just like in the EU elections.

9 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

There are a few things but most importantly the anti semitic issues that have dogged the party, the thought of Dianne Abbott being home secretary and their weird brexit stance where they will negotiate a deal with the EU then campaign against their own deal in the event of a second referendum.

Also Corbyn has done nothing but want an election the past 2 years and said once the ben bill was passed labour would vote for an election and when the bill passed he still voted against one. 

I've got a feeling labour are going to be decimated in the GE with leave labour voters voting UKIP or the brexit party just like in the EU elections.

Take a look at Rachel Riley here. 

22 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS8fovCzCRL10KI9MHnVo

Ben Bill. Probably in Corbyn's allotment of evil. 

Yep, he's just out of shot, sitting on that fence in the background. 

(With apologies to AoT)

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

There are a few things but most importantly the anti semitic issues that have dogged the party,

All the evidence is that anti-Semitism is much less prevalent in Labour than in other parties (and, of course, than in society in general).  As far as I can tell, Labour is the only party that has made a concerted effort to fight anti-Semitism.

the thought of Dianne Abbott being home secretary

You might have to explain what your specific objection is.

and their weird brexit stance where they will negotiate a deal with the EU then campaign against their own deal in the event of a second referendum.

This is not Labour's stance.  

He has stated clearly and repeatedly that the first priority is to prevent a No Deal Brexit; then we will kick the Tories out. 

I've got a feeling labour are going to be decimated in the GE

Where have I heard that before?  We were 25 points behind going into the 2017 election.  We also had sitting MPs, members of the NEC and much of the central party apparatus refusing to campaign for a Labour win.  Despite those handicaps, we destroyed the Tories' majority.

31 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

with leave labour voters voting UKIP or the brexit party just like in the EU elections.

EU elections have never been a good predictor of General Elections.  They are low-turnout affairs, often used as protest votes and run under a different electoral system. I don't believe for a minute that large numbers of Labour voters are going to vote for a Parliamentary candidate either from a party whose leader wants to privatise the NHS or for a party that has fizzled into Fascism since 2016.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yep, he's just out of shot, sitting on that fence in the background. 

(With apologies to AoT)

OK.

I'll rep that one.

24 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Don't get the hating of Diane Abbott at all , it appears that getting a figure wrong on live radio while ignoring your diabetes medication through overwork is far more important than being proved right over Iraq , id cards and being a tireless proponent of pro-abortion choice and opponent of the racist ' Windrush ' Tory environment. One thing is for certain , she is worth 10 of Priti Patel.

Labour is the only party that has a sizeable split between Leavers and Remainers so has to have a more nuanced stance , but Corbyn is suggesting that he will not favour any side in a Labour Brexit referendum & I would expect MP's and members to be allowed to push their own preference but do not think there will be an official Labour position.

Surely you read or hear the news that Johnson's orcs are searching for any way of subverting the Benn bill , so how stupid would the opposition parties be to agree to an election in short order and then find out it would be fought after Johnson had already wangled us out on a no-Deal wheeze.

It may not work , but paragraph 2 outlines Labour's effort to avoid your election worry.

If you look at the policies of the various parties and feel somebody deserves your vote more than Labour , that is your choice and good luck with it , but the stuff you outlined is pretty weak stuff in my opinion.

( I am not getting into the a/s shite as it annoys me that much )