Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 922 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

211 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?



Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ahh, it's misogyny now- https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/12/kate-osamor-becomes-fifth-female-labour-mp-to-face-deselection

 

I love this line-

 

Followed later in the article by-

 

Must be because she's a woman though.

Didn’t she get shot in the arse? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Jess Philips considering going for Labour leader if JC gets fired.  

Source?

 

(My knee-jerk reaction was "fucking typical of that egocentric, amoral, careerist cunt"... but then I realised that's out of order without first checking if there's any truth in it.

 

Also - what's this "if JC gets fired" shitdribble?)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well if he doesn’t win the next election won’t he get fired?  

I think it would be much more likely  (as that story says) that he'd stand down.

 

Much as I'd love to join in any shit-flinging at Phillips, I don't think there's to complain about in this non-story. (When asked, she said "Might do. I don't know.") If she's still an MP after the next election and if Corbyn stands down, then she's perfectly entitled to stand for election.  (I wouldn't necessarily put any money on her, like.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think it would be much more likely  (as that story says) that he'd stand down.

 

Much as I'd love to join in any shit-flinging at Phillips, I don't think there's to complain about in this non-story. If she's still an MP after the next election and if Corbyn stands down, then she's perfectly entitled to stand for election.  (I wouldn't necessarily put any money on her, like.)

She’s pretty popular from what I can see.  Working class and a woman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jess Phillips would give Liz Kendall’s 4% of the vote in the leadership race a run for the money.

 

She’s more interested in self-promotion than trying to get a Labour government. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know how I feel about Labout Party having a leader who once threatened to stab Corbyn, whilst at the same time praising Rees Mogg as a “lovely man”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think Jess Phillips would give Liz Kendall’s 4% of the vote in the leadership race a run for the money.

 

She’s more interested in self-promotion than trying to get a Labour government. 

I think she'd unite the country. Almost everyone could find a reason to hate the cunt.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Don’t know how I feel about Labout Party having a leader who once threatened to stab Corbyn, whilst at the same time praising Rees Mogg as a “lovely man”.

Ha ha come on.  That’s weak even for you!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha come on.  That’s weak even for you!  

I’m not sure what you mean. It’s public information.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I’m not sure what you mean. It’s public information.

Fucking hell, you must be taking the piss!

 

‘The day that ... you are hurting us more than you are helping us, I won’t knife you in the back, I’ll knife you in the front.’”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

She’s pretty popular from what I can see.  Working class and a woman.  

Your level of critical analysis is Planck deep, as ever 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Fucking hell, you must be taking the piss!

 

‘The day that ... you are hurting us more than you are helping us, I won’t knife you in the back, I’ll knife you in the front.’”

Yup that one. She did apologise publicly from memory but still horrific stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Yup that one. She did apologise publicly from memory but still horrific stuff. 

Horrific stuff?! Give over. It’s a well known phrase abou... 

 

You know what. You’re right. She ‘threatened to stab’ Corbyn. Spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Horrific stuff?! Give over. It’s a well known phrase abou... 

 

You know what. You’re right. She ‘threatened to stab’ Corbyn. Spot on. 

It was especially bad with hindsight, given what we know happened not too long after. People got touchy about the term “surrender act”, but that’s nothing compared to what she said IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

It was especially bad with hindsight, given what we know happened not too long after. People got touchy about the term “surrender act”, but that’s nothing compared to what she said IMO.

Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yup that one. She did apologise publicly from memory but still horrific stuff. 

Fucking hell. Is English your first language?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

It was especially bad with hindsight, given what we know happened not too long after. People got touchy about the term “surrender act”, but that’s nothing compared to what she said IMO.

It’s a well known saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s a well known saying. 

“knife you in the front” is not a well known saying at all. In my 4 years in the UK I’ve never heard anyone actually say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×