You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I can’t remember where we are with Jo Maugham.  We hated him for having a posh name, then liked him over proroguing of Parliament.  

Pretty simple... He, like James O’Brien and Ian Dunt, is an #FBPE twat. He’s definitely one of the reasons why some remain voters would vote leave if we have another referendum. 

So no deal and hurting the poor is corbyns fault for not letting Harriet Harman take control but not the other remain party's fault for their "anyone but Corbyn" in spite of him being the actual leader of the largest opposition party. Didnt she retire anyway and had dreams of being the speaker. Even those united are divided the country is completely fucked.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

So no deal and hurting the poor is corbyns fault for not letting Harriet Harman take control but not the other remain party's fault for their "anyone but Corbyn" in spite of him being the actual leader of the largest opposition party. Didnt she retire anyway and had dreams of being the speaker. Even those united are divided the country is completely fucked.

It’s only for a few weeks.  Why’s he getting in the way? 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m guessing they disagree with you. James O’Brien knows his onions. 

Nah, there are a hard core element of them who are every bit as entrenched as the avid Brexiteer lot. It’s like two groups of  Veruca Salts. They want what THEY want and they want it NOW.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What bothers me most about this though, is Corbyn is disliked so much outside labour ranks, what happens if we get another hung parliament after the GE, but labour has the most seats? Labour will get fucked because nobody will work with him. It's easy to get pissed off over this unity government stuff or if it's fair or not, but the bigger picture is outside of labour, he's seen as poison and nobody will touch him. I can't see how he ever becomes PM, I think labour really need a different leader. I realise this isn't a popular view on here, but I just don't see how he gets a majority. 

• Upvote 1

In your scenario I would imagine the SNP would be the largest non-Tory opposition party and appear to have no major qualms about working with him. I understand the Lib Dems tactics at present as they are looking to take Labour votes in any upcoming election , but once an election is done they would presumably need to take stock and see what tactics suited them going forward & I wouldn't rule out some quid pro quo deal at that point, and a lot of Labour policies wouldn't appear on the surface that unacceptable to Lib Dem supporters.

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s only for a few weeks.  Why’s he getting in the way? 

"Getting in the way"?

He's the Leader of the Opposition.  Providing leadership is his job.

It's only for a few weeks.  Why is any Remain-supporting MP getting in the way of the only credible proposal to resolve this shitshow?

• Upvote 4