You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

14 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Quelle surprise from the most insufferable wanker on that website.

He’s right. It’s fucking painful to hear people forever talking about the left-hostile media (obviously there is one, obviously) then not wince at giving them these endless own goals.

As if this plan they cooked up would do anything other than amplify Watson’s cuntery, and allow that very media to paint him as sensible Labour-in-absentia with a string of ‘FAR LEFT PURGE’ headlines in the coming weeks. Handing Johnson and co their biggest out from shitting down their own leg again every time he gives another interview.

It’s like going out in a monsoon in flip-flops and complaining about your feet getting wet.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

ARdja going round issuing mindless attack after mindless attack on centrists, even when they are clearly and unambiguously correct, is almost as tedious as the public demands that I justify each and every neg I give.

No just me seeing as you said you never neg without saying why. 

I notice you have steered clear of the Lib Dem thread lately. I will accept that as your admission that its a party of shite and hypocrites. 

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You should accept it as evidence that my life is too short to deal with rampant trolling. Although Nazi Swinson raised a few laughs on the serious politics forums.

How is it rampant trolling SD? I am posting Lib Dem stuff on the Lib Dem thread in a 10 days where politics and in particular Swinson have been at the front of the headlines. Rampant trolling? Do get over yourself.

You are always posting on there but as soon as it doesn't suit you... you act like you are being trolled. Hypocrisy no wonder you are a Lib-Dem. You fit each other like a glove. 

Ive already accepted it as what i stated and I am sticking to that. 

Isn't all this Watson stuff all just a proposed motion put forward by Landsman and Momentum and not actually Corbyn? 

Momentum need to keep their fucking mouths shut, but Watson needs to get on the bus and start doing some fucking work instead of trying to divide the party further with the likes of that insufferable twat Phillips (who has gushed over Tory MP’s jumping ship because of their “principles”) 

Watson has been acting like a massive wanker the past year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How is it rampant trolling SD?

Are you telling me that if I posted a picture of Corbyn in an SS uniform in this thread, I wouldn't be accused of trolling? Give me a break.

Good grief, we had wall-to-wall moaning here when Corbyn was depicted on the BBC wearing a vaguely Russian-style hat.

If you think I'm going to waste my time trying to persuade a bunch of people who will never vote for a liberal party of the error of their ways, you're off your rocker.

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are you telling me that if I posted a picture of Corbyn in an SS uniform in this thread, I wouldn't be accused of trolling? Give me a break.

Good grief, we had wall-to-wall moaning here when Corbyn was depicted on the BBC wearing a vaguely Russian-style hat.

If you think I'm going to waste my time trying to persuade a bunch of people who will never vote for a liberal party of the error of their ways, you're off your rocker.

It wasn't trolling. It was to generate a few laughs. Clearly it has done. 

Oh and the last paragraph.... You have been doing exactly that on here for years you absolute head the ball! 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Watson was elected. So you can't claim he's there undemocratically any more than Corbyn. Removing his position is deeply undemocratic. 

I don't like how Watson has conducted himself, he's part of the problem and I did day in my original post I think they're as bad as each other. But I do believe the people around Corbyn are 0artnof the problem too. Momentum can be a group for good, but like the erg for the Tories, they expect everyone to fall in line with them or fuck off. It's completely brainless. 

As for what Watson has done for the working classes. Well about the same as Corbyn. Fuck all, because labour isn't in government and won't be in government while they keep having these public spats. It's like labour is determined we stay under Tory rule. 

I didn't say there was anything undemocratic about how he got his position.  I would argue that it's undemocratic that it's a job for life unless something like 0.0025% of the party decide that an election is needed.

The idea that Momentum is a lefty ERG (or a new Militant) is just flat wrong.  Wanting to democratise the party is not the same as insisting that people fall in line with your policy positions; it's sort of the opposite of that.

It's equally wrong - not to mention defeatist - to pretend that a party in opposition can do nothing. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

@moof Really? If we are doing that 'disagree about a position on politics' neg thing now, I owe you a few hundred mate. Kinell, you Strontium Dog in disguise or somethin'?

It was reflexive, nothing personal. Centrist is and should be a pejorative. It’s an utterly failed, vacuous, morally empty political ideology. It’s one of the things holding us back more than anything, the idea that the “centre ground” is sensible. Neg away

Just now, moof said:

It was reflexive, nothing personal. Centrist is and should be a pejorative. It’s an utterly failed, vacuous, morally empty political ideology. It’s one of the things holding us back more than anything, the idea that the “centre ground” is sensible. Neg away

I heartily disagree. I'm no centrist, but painting them as the enemy - even the centre left, quite often - is just going to do way more harm than good. If anything right of left-wing is sneered at as the enemy, the left and far left are going to be out in the cold for a fucking long time. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

A good take on this from Aaron Bastani.

Corbyn was busy. He was out protesting about you know, the Earth and stuff. 

Meanwhile Boris was thinking of the next straw to clutch at and Swinson was hanging on a wall. 

vigo-the-carpathian-date-home-decor-hd-p

I heartily disagree. I'm no centrist, but painting them as the enemy - even the centre left, quite often - is just going to do way more harm than good. If anything right of left-wing is sneered at as the enemy, the left and far left are going to be out in the cold for a fucking long time. 

Is Centrist basically Bi-Sexual? 

They are the enemy, unequivocally. Centrist doesn’t mean centre left, the centre left in this country are called communists. 

9 minutes ago, moof said:

They are the enemy, unequivocally. Centrist doesn’t mean centre left, the centre left in this country are called communists. 

That's just not accurate though. I don't know what rabbit hole you've gone down, but I beg you not to keep going otherwise you're going to bump into Hades and Dennis Tooth on your travels. You get both sides saying stupid shit. You know, like centre left politicians that don't agree with Corbyn are right wing mentalists, that old-fashioned left-wingers are a mix of Stalin and Hitler. It's just a bunch of internet and media nonsense. What's really happening is the left - all the way from the centre - are taking chunks out of themselves, either for being too left wing or being right wing. It's fucking lunacy. That's not to say the others aren't trying to kick themselves in the own arse, but the centre aren't my enemy. The right-wing economic policies that are eroding our social wellbeing are the enemy. I'm not going to forget it just because I dislike an Ummuna here or a fucking Watson there. The right wing - literally, I can assure you - sit around laughing about this shit. If we ever got our act together and actually started aiming our firepower in the right direction instead of in our own house, we'd be unstoppable. The right would be pushed out. Unfortunately the right are, ironically, much better at working together to get what they want - or much of it - than those who preach unity rather than practice it. 

• Upvote 4