Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Stronts, any chance you know where you got hammered for the act of suggesting a 3 day week? I'd be interested to read that. 

More like where didn't I get hammered for it. Even to this day it gets raised every now and again.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

More like where didn't I get hammered for it. Even to this day it gets raised every now and again.

Thats cuz fellas in a 5 day week are fucking around on the tinterweb instead of working.

41 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Libertarians are incel far right snowflakes that smoke weed

I didn't mean that in an overly negative way, just that they are prone to hyperbolic nonsense when criticizing /arguing against left wing / hard left concepts and ideology, hence Boss with Hitler and Corbyn.  

My personal experience is that they also make a lot of good or at least interesting points and tend to be well informed and educated. They also tend to be contrarians and slightly sociopatic (usually) males that are economically successful  or think they are about to become so and as a rule underestimate the impact of chance or privilege in that success.

Some go all Ayn Rand on you which is usually when you need to use the safe word and extricate yourself from the debate.

• Upvote 5

A good mate of mine is an American libertarian who suits that description well. He is very far right on most issues, smokes loads of weed, very pro gun and wrote a eulogy to Charles Koch on Facebook praising him for his good work for the environment and charity. I only bit once at his Facebook shite when he was posting about Alder Hey hospital killing some kid. This from an American with health issues of his own heavily subsidised by the Dutch state. 

He's obviously a fucking idiot on Facebook but he's alright in real life when we tend to just drink beer and listen to music. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I really was wondering where the main thrust or debate on that was. Two reasons: firstly, I’m actually interested in both sides of the argument and the viability of such a thing; secondly, I want to see what I wrote so I can either brag or pretend I was joking to save face. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SammyAftershave said:

She's got the look of a Michael Winner in drag 30 years ago. She'd do herself a favour at lights - up in the Grafton going for the full David Bellamy beard.

I was about to make a crack about Michael Winner entering a Michael-Winner-in-drag competition and finishing third, but then I remembered him taking Richard Littlejohn to the cleaners:

4 hours ago, TK421 said:

Be my guest, Numero.  Be.  My.  Guest.

Fucking hell, Stronts!

Your opening post on that thread is like some drunken wee radge cunt in a crowded pub shouting "come on! I'll take the lot of you fuckers!"

It's almost admirable in its fighty wrongness. 

18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fucking hell, Stronts!

Your opening post on that thread is like some drunken wee radge cunt in a crowded pub shouting "come on! I'll take the lot of you fuckers!"

18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fucking hell, Stronts!

Christ. He's been a cunt for over 9 years. Fucking hell. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re probably best avoiding his comments in the ‘Social Cleansing’ thread from 12 years ago. 

You can’t just tease us like this!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I initially read this as Librarians and I was thinking what the fuck. 

To be fair the two librarians I know smoke a lot of weed. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You fucking commented on it when I bumped it the other week. Are you a blitzed librarian?

Haha... fucking hell. Long day

6 hours ago, deiseach said:

Apropos of nothing.

"Austerity is the idea that the global financial crash of 2008 was caused by there being too many libraries in Wolverhampton.’

Alexei Sayle on R4 last night.

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I initially read this as Librarians and I was thinking what the fuck. 

36 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

To be fair the two librarians I know smoke a lot of weed. 

37 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

One of them doesn't read books. Just fancied a quiet job. 

Why should she/he? Don't get high on your own supply and don't come with the customers.