You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

There's a petition on the go here in support of Corbyn. Signed because I loathe the Blairite scum with a passion, and also because it's gaining a lot of support now, which might help them realise they should stop being a bunch of tory-lite meffs : https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/a-vote-of-confidence-in-jeremy-corbyn-after-brexit?bucket=&source=twitter-share-button

(sorry if already linked, checked most recent half of the thread and didn't see it.)

I think Benn will be made up by this. It's going to galvanise the support he's after from the PLP. Interesting week ahead, almost too much to keep up with.

Corbyn, Tory leadership, the response of the EU, Scotland and N.I making noises about leaving, turmoil in the markets, racist cunts being, well, racist cunts on the rise. Fuck knows how this is all going to end.

Will anybody with principals that match corbyn ever be given a fair platform to sell them.

It doesn't matter.  One of the things we need to accept on the back of the referendum is that nothing like enough people are interested in buying them.

The London vs the UK narative is reflected in the results.  It's been remarked on numerous times that the working classes outside of London don't feel that the issues Labour are focused on are the issues that they are focused on.  You don't fix that by sending some cunts from London out to tell them they're all wrong.

The first thing any Labour leader, be it Corbyn or another, needs to do is shut the fuck up and start listening.  Not to the Labour party members who elected them leader, but to the public who they expect to elect them to government.  Then they need to decide whether what people tell them they want is something that they can deliver.

Whether it is or not remains to be seen but personally I doubt it.

How would David Miliband be representative of Labour members though?

There are about 370,000 members of the Labourt party I think.  Unless you think that's going to win a general election they are not what the focus should be on.  If they want to run a debating club, fine, let them get on with it and we can all go back to enjoying life under our Tory overlords.  If they want to win an election they need to stop navel gazing and start working out how to get millions of people on board.

They're also not going to do that by fretting about Trident and shit. I know it's important, really I do, but half of these fuckers who voted to leave the EU probably think Trident is a toothpaste, or at least don't give enough of a fuck about it compared to jobs, benefits, social housing etc.  I'm also reasonably sure that the majority of them don't even give that much of a fuck about the ilegal war in Iraq considering their apparent views on muslims and immigration.  You can try to sell someone the best dog in the world, they won't buy it if they want a cat.

Labour actually need to achieve more spectacular results in England than Blair ever did since the Scottish seats have gone.  Fuck's chance of that as things are right now.

• Upvote 2

Who do you suggest?

I suggest the Parliamentary Labour Party do their fucking job and start working for the Labour movement - alongside the leader chosen by the Labour movement - and turn their fire on the Tories instead of plotting against Corbyn to further their own personal ambitions.  

Good riddance to that ratfink disgrace to his father's name.

4htZ2wXz_reasonably_small.jpg

Islington: Jeremy Corbyn. 75% voted to Remain Barking & Dagenham: Margaret Hodge. 62% to Leave

Who should resign, Margaret?

Truly hilarious.  Corbyn's constituency is Islington, he's been the MP for over 30 years, it's tiny and relatively well-off.  Margaret Hodge's constituency is Barking & Dagenham, an economically despondent area with sufficient racial tensions that the BNP were targeting it not too long ago.  Jog on.

(Him, not you...)

All that may be true but they did not stop him getting dressed in the morning. He looks like he sleeps on a pallet.

Fucking Hell.  Get you, Gok!

He looks nothing of the sort.  He wears suits and ties.  On one occasion, his top button was undone.  Get over it, Gurlfren!

In 9 months of leadership, that appears to be his greatest crime.  In Blair's first 9 months he managed to take a massive shit on the constitution of the Labour Party and to drive many long-standing members to leave.  Still, he wooed Murdoch, so he was obviously a great leader.

So the people who voted Corbyn into power with record numbers will never forgive the party for not removing him. Isnt it more likely people will never forgive them for ignoring their eishes on a left wing leader over tories in ted ties like Benn

Amazing how great a man his father was compared to how much of a cunt Hilary is!!

At least Steven Kinnock is continuing his dad's legacy.

I still find it amazing the way people look back on his dismissing the Militants at the 1985 Conference (in a speech based on lies) as if it was a great turning point.  The Tories stayed in power for 12 more years.