You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

https://www.jta.org/2019/07/10/global/bbc-airs-expose-accusing-jeremy-corbyns-team-of-shielding-anti-semites

The Board of Deputies of British Jews in a statement wrote that Panorama shows that Corbyn and his allies “are personally responsible for having turned a once-great, anti-racist party into a cesspit of antisemitism.”

To the Campaign Against Antisemitism, a nonprofit, “The charade of Jeremy Corbyn as an anti-racist activist has been blown apart. Mr Corbyn’s support for antisemites and his team’s protection of antisemites demonstrate that Mr Corbyn himself is an antisemite who is unfit to hold any public office,” its chief executive, Gideon Falter, wrote.

Yeah I don’t think Gideon believes it either.

8 hours ago, moof said:

Aye the bbc don’t give a shit. They’re in the business of manufacturing consent. 

Did anyone on here watch it? 

Gonna watch it tonight. Went and saw Yesterday last night with a mate who’s also a fan of the Beatles. Neither of us realised that it was a RomCom.

Interested to hear the views from both pro and anti Corbyn posters though.

21 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Gonna watch it tonight. Went and saw Yesterday last night with a mate who’s also a fan of the Beatles. Neither of us realised that it was a RomCom.

Interested to hear the views from both pro and anti Corbyn posters though.

I’m guessing the pro-Corbyn think it was a hatchet job. The anti-Corbyn or anti-Labour guys thought it was spot on. I’ve not seen it, but I’ve never seen anything that shows either Corbyn or Labour hate Jews. If they have solid evidence he is, I’ll change my mind. If they’ve been sly, BBC needs to be hammered. Either way, I am fucking sick of Corbyn, sick of the circus he is overseeing and I’m fucking sick of Labour eating itself (and the anti-Corbyn twats putting hatred above success) whilst the Rico party seek to fuck the entire country. 

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m guessing the pro-Corbyn think it was a hatchet job. The anti-Corbyn or anti-Labour guys thought it was spot on. I’ve not seen it, but I’ve never seen anything that shows either Corbyn or Labour hate Jews. If they have solid evidence he is, I’ll change my mind. If they’ve been sly, BBC needs to be hammered. Either way, I am fucking sick of Corbyn, sick of the circus he is overseeing and I’m fucking sick of Labour eating itself (and the anti-Corbyn twats putting hatred above success) whilst the Rico party seek to fuck the entire country. 

In the absence of solid evidence, Billy Bragg has suggested to look at “pattern of behaviour. Here’s his thread on it from a few days back.

I think this is where they’re at with Corbyn as well.

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Billy Bragg now cancelled.  Who’d have thought it?  Probably a millionaire pop star funded by Mossad. 

That’s genuinely an anti-semitic post mate. Not a great look for our forum, please remove.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It isn't.

It's only anti-semitic if it comes from a Corbyn supporter.

Jews controlling the world is one of the oldest anti-semitic tropes going around.

edit: ah sorry just read your post properly.

17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s genuinely an anti-semitic post mate. Not a great look for our forum, please remove.

He joked about being funded by Mossad which would be anti-Israeli gov, it's not anti-Semitic. Or you could say anti-Zionist too, if he was being serious. Zionists would happily have that shut down though, as they try to conflate anti-Israeli gov or anti-Zionism with being anti-Semitic.

42 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It isn’t. He’s just being a cunt. No surprise there. He has absolutely nothing to add to a discussion, ever. Just cheap jibes. 

Mossad funding people around the world is an antisemitic trope.

42 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Tom Watson with his faux outrage and shock. What the fuck has he been doing the past 3 years or so? Other than losing some weight. 

Think he flits between Glastonbury and Jerusalem with his mates.

D_JNq8AXUAQgZNg.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke
10 hours ago, sir roger said:

As a work colleague used to memorably say , it was a damp squid really. 

Probably owe the Ware guy a partial apology as it wasn't as bad as I expected and Labour were given some right of reply and Gwynne's appearance. The whole programme just seemed really unfocused and poorly put together whizzing from subject to subject and rarely satisfactorily explaining or finishing each before moving on. Quite a few mentions of bad behaviour in meetings but no mention of whether complaints were ever made and any outcome.

Overall seemed very weak and very few new cases mentioned , felt almost sorry for the interviewer when after grandstanding about Jackie Walker for 5 minutes he sort of muttered under his breath that she was actually thrown out as recommended. Was surprised they used the old Livingstone stuff as that was totally on MacNicol's disciplinary watch and fairly ancient history ( Can't have been the only person wanting to see Ken twat John Mann down those stairs ) . The fact that recent evidence suggests that MacNicol was involved in shaping disciplinary results made it a bit galling watching the smug cunt smirking about the possibility of him ever doing that.

Thought the Statue of Liberty photo girl should have been thrown out toot-suite & would have liked to have heard what happened to the guy who did the 45 minute video of the Jewish lad as that sounded awful , but it just seemed to move on.

The Labour head office people were obviously pissed off that their clique had been broken up and a lot of us have been in similar positions where a new boss has come into a new workplace and everything changes. There are a few places and ex-colleagues I would love to have a moan about on prime time tv and they took that opportunity , but I never felt a single one raised any specific points that really hit home and it would have been interesting to see them asked which of these 'disrespected for no reason' employees allegedly helped change the door access codes on the day of Corbyn's victory to delay their entry while they shredded hundreds of files and emails. Probably very unfairly whenever I watched that Kit woman I kept thinking of Mooks old boss for some reason.

Overall I doubt it will hardly change a single mind on either side of the divide.

Thanks for that mate. I gave up watching it after about 15 minutes. It was like a really shit film where little effort was put into things as they know the trailer will sell it. A really poor attempt at a hatchet job, but lots of people only read headlines before making their minds up, purely because it suits their agenda. 

27 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Mossad funding people around the world is an antisemitic trope.

On it's own it's really not, it's probably just a fact. Just like it is to say the CIA would be doing the same. It's fine to suggest that Mossad has a load of absolute cunts like the CIA does and that it's funding people around the world without being anti-Semitic. It'd be good if that was backed up by examples and facts obviously though, instead of just saying it. Just because it's the Israeli government intel agency doesn't make it anti-Semitic.

20 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Watching Politics live and obviously this subject came up. I was complaining it was only Tories and LibDems on the panel talking initially.

Good old balanced BBC proved me wrong they changed the panel and brought the Labour MP Wes Streeting on, so all good. 

EDIT: Andy McDonald is on defending

Sky News now have Wes Streeting being fair and balanced. 

It is a joke, the media channels just have the same Labour shits on spouting the same anti Corbyn shite. 

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Sky News now have Wes Streeting being fair and balanced. 

It is a joke, the media channels just have the same Labour shits on spouting the same anti Corbyn shite. 

BBC Breakfast wheeled out the Wavertree squatter to stick her oar in.

If it was anti-Semitic to say that Mossad is funding a person or group attacking Corbyn, then they'd actually be free to fund anyone they wanted to that was against him (or anyone else they didn't approve of) and nobody would be able to say anything. Anyone even trying to reveal it would be smeared as a racist and silenced. A lot of the trope stuff is right wingers trying to silence any criticism of Israel.

Imagine if growing numbers of people couldn't talk about the Saudi gov funding extremists because it was an Islamophobic trope or something. It's not exactly the same (Saudis from what we know from past info are one of the world's worst for that) but it could eventually mean something similar if that started being accepted along with criticising Israel's gov/intel agencies being classed as anti-Semitic, and it got out of hand.

Can't speak for anybody else , but I still love Billy Bragg despite disagreeing with his Williamson comments & thinking his conflating it with the Jess Phillips situation is a bit silly.

I , like Billy, do not have the full facts that the disciplinary committee has and am happy to wait for the NCC to come to a decision , hoping that they can put the outside influences to one side.