You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The anti-semite shout really is fucking out of order when its just in reaction to a disagreement. Anti-semites can fuck off but I'm not going to be scared of disagreeing with anyone for fear of offending their beliefs/race/sexual orientation. 

What boils my piss is the accusation that you're soft on anti-Semitism or you're sweeping it under the carpet (probably because, secretly, you're a massive Jew-hater yourself) just because you refuse to be taken in by every single allegation, even the ones that are baseless, desperate and contrived.

Jackie Walker never said "Jews control the slave trade".

Marc Wadsworth never implied that Jews control the media.

Jeremy Corbyn never said that Jews don't understand British irony.

Making factual statements like that would be enough to give gobshites like Mann and Hodge (not to mention the Twitter slebs) an excuse to burn you at the stake.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What boils my piss is the accusation that you're soft on anti-Semitism or you're sweeping it under the carpet (probably because, secretly, you're a massive Jew-hater yourself) just because you refuse to be taken in by every single allegation, even the ones that are baseless, desperate and contrived.

Jackie Walker never said "Jews control the slave trade".

Marc Wadsworth never implied that Jews control the media.

Jeremy Corbyn never said that Jews don't understand British irony.

Making factual statements like that would be enough to give gobshites like Mann and Hodge (not to mention the Twitter slebs) an excuse to burn you at the stake.

Never let the truth get in the way of deflecting the truth 

Was at a dinner tonight & they had Sky News on in the corner and it seemed very heavily weighed in with the 3 old peers who have jibbed the whip and the Williamson case  , so was pleased to see that the BBC and Guardian have very little on it & nothing at all in The Indy.

Labour party responses also seem to be getting better and far more factually significant than vague wafflings from a guy who was a cunt years ago at the FA from memory. Seeing Triesman appears to have actually called Corbyn anti-semitic I would be tempted to speak to Sue, Grabbit & Run , but imaging Corbyn will think this nonentity is not worth bothering with.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Was at a dinner tonight & they had Sky News on in the corner and it seemed very heavily weighed in with the 3 old peers who have jibbed the whip and the Williamson case  , so was pleased to see that the BBC and Guardian have very little on it & nothing at all in The Indy.

Labour party responses also seem to be getting better and far more factually significant than vague wafflings from a guy who was a cunt years ago at the FA from memory. Seeing Triesman appears to have actually called Corbyn anti-semitic I would be tempted to speak to Sue, Grabbit & Run , but imaging Corbyn will think this nonentity is not worth bothering with.

He was the general secretary of Labour for a while, he was at the FA a couple of years and laid into them and FIFA over corruption so made himself unpopular. All the people he accused of bribery were eventually kicked out of the game. He was a union leader and former member of the communist party.  So, not quite how you describe him, but chuck him under the bus heh?  

On 08/07/2019 at 20:18, Stickman said:

Those pesky wrong kind of Jews 

Jewish support for Chris Williamson

Prominent members of the Jewish community, in the UK and abroad, write to defend the Labour MP Chris Williamson amid allegations of antisemitism

Letters

Mon 8 Jul 2019 17.37 BSTLast modified on Mon 8 Jul 2019 18.22 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

Chris Williamson speaking at a festival in London last week.

We the undersigned, all Jews, are writing in support of Chris Williamson and to register our dismay at the recent letter organised by Tom Watson, and signed by parliamentary Labour party and House of Lords members, calling for his suspension (Anger over return of MP who said Labour was ‘too apologetic’ over antisemitism, 28 June).

Chris Williamson did not say that the party had been “too apologetic about antisemitism”, as has been widely misreported. He correctly stated that the Labour party has done more than any other party to combat the scourge of antisemitism and that, therefore, its stance should be less apologetic. Such attacks on Jeremy Corbyn’s supporters aim to undermine not only the Labourparty’s leadership but also all pro-Palestinian members.

The mass media have ignored the huge support for Chris both within and beyond the Labour party. Support that includes many Jews. The party needs people like him, with the energy and determination to fight for social justice. As anti-racist Jews, we regard Chris as our ally: he stands as we do with the oppressed rather than the oppressor. It should also be noted that he has a longer record of campaigning against racism and fascism than most of his detractors.

The Chakrabarti report recommended that the party’s disciplinary procedures respect due process, favour education over expulsion and promote a culture of free speech, yet this has been abandoned in practice. We ask the Labour party to reinstate Chris Williamson and cease persecuting such members on false allegations of antisemitism.
Noam Chomsky MIT, Norman FinkelsteinLecturer and writer, Ed Asner Actor, ProfRichard Falk Princeton University, Leah Lavene and Jenny Manson Jewish Voice for Labour and more than 100 others. Full list at tinyurl.com/y4mr4lwb

Advertisement

Self haters gonna hate.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

He was the general secretary of Labour for a while, he was at the FA a couple of years and laid into them and FIFA over corruption so made himself unpopular. All the people he accused of bribery were eventually kicked out of the game. He was a union leader and former member of the communist party.  So, not quite how you describe him, but chuck him under the bus heh?  

I personally wouldn’t throw him under the bus , I would sue the arse off him if he couldn’t back up his grandstanding claims of Corbyn being anti-Semitic , which seeing as I have not seen done by the efforts of the whole right wing media , I doubt will be managed by this old cunt.

31 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I personally wouldn’t throw him under the bus , I would sue the arse off him if he couldn’t back up his grandstanding claims of Corbyn being anti-Semitic , which seeing as I have not seen done by the efforts of the whole right wing media , I doubt will be managed by this old cunt.

So a Labour member since the 60’s, lifelong service to workers and the party - an old cunt. Is he part of the conspiracy too?  

I may be wrong but I’ve not heard him say JC is anti-Semitic - just that he’s not done enough to rid the party of it.  

32 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Lord Triesman. 

"My sad conclusion is that the Labour Party is very plainly institutionally antisemitic, and its leader and his circle are antisemitic having never once made the right judgement call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice." 

Lying cunt. 

Fair enough. 

(The bit about calling JC out obviously).  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

So a Labour member since the 60’s, lifelong service to workers and the party - an old cunt. Is he part of the conspiracy too?  

I may be wrong but I’ve not heard him say JC is anti-Semitic - just that he’s not done enough to rid the party of it.  

He said explicitly that Corbyn was anti-semitic which is unusual as most of the usual suspects waffle around it in dog-whistle terms presumably to avoid any libel option.

This ' lifelong service ' thing makes me laugh. He has been hoovering up his £300+ per day in the Lords for 15 years , and can you honestly say with your hand on your heart that ( outside football ) that you have ever heard of anything useful he has done?

As for the ex-communist routine , luckily he definitely seems to have been cured of that.

I'm just sorry I missed the word malignant out of my first post.

I'm a bit disappointed in myself looking back.

Category 1: Directorships

Chairman, Triesman Associates Limited (company in which Member has a controlling interest; the company is an investment company in private equity and finance businesses principally working in real estate and other types of financial investment; fees are paid to this company in respect of work done personally by Member for Havin Bank Ltd)

Non-executive Director, Havin Bank Ltd

Director, Salamanca Group (merchant banking and operational risk)

Chairman, Funding Affordable Homes Limited (housing association) (interest ceased 1 November 2018)

Director, Salamanca Group Topaz Ltd (real estate)

Category 4: Shareholdings (a)

Triesman Associates Limited (see category 1)

Category 4: Shareholdings (b)

New Property Press Ltd (publisher)

Maypar & Co (Promotions) Ltd (investment)

Mortgage Credits Ltd (property investment)

Dessin Inc Ltd (fine art importer/exporter)

Category 4: Shareholdings (c)

Triesman Associates Limited

Havana Trade and Investment Corporation Ltd (trade promotion) (see category 10(a))

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Lord Triesman. 

"My sad conclusion is that the Labour Party is very plainly institutionally antisemitic, and its leader and his circle are antisemitic having never once made the right judgement call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice." 

Lying cunt. 

Just don't call him that on Twitter. 

• Upvote 1

I heard a rumour that about a decade ago a few of Corbyn's cauliflowers on his allotment posted on myspace bad things about Zionists. I've no idea how they got onto the internet from an allotment. Got in touch with a few media outlets anyway and they all quickly responded. They thanked me and said that even though they're checking out the facts of the story, it sounded promising and believable enough for them to already have people writing up new articles.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It'd be class if Corbyn was a low level kleptomaniac. Like if he visited your house for a photo op or something, a few days later you found the lid off your biscuit barrel was missing. 

I think if he was in Margaret Hodge's house they'd be ok

Related image

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It'd be class if Corbyn was a low level kleptomaniac. Like if he visited your house for a photo op or something, a few days later you found the lid off your biscuit barrel was missing. 

That would only be quality if he had a secret room where he kept all the old odds and ends - which he would.

• Upvote 2

Watching Politics live and obviously this subject came up. I was complaining it was only Tories and LibDems on the panel talking initially.

Good old balanced BBC proved me wrong they changed the panel and brought the Labour MP Wes Streeting on, so all good. 

EDIT: Andy McDonald is on defending