You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

7 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

The Blairite class traitor epidemic is spreading.

D-lWP-bXoAAyH94.jpg

Don't the stats say that in a FPTP system you need to get 25% vote share before you start winning any amounts of seats?  

Going from those figures in the poll then no-one will win any.  Rather apt.

49 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

The top two polling parties are both Brexit parties?

are the tories really a brexit party? i thought the tory right's whole argument is what uis strangling brexit, is a stay parlimanet - which includes the tories seeing as they form the government. can it not be inferred that many of those tory voters are quite happy with the lack of movement on brexit and are happy for them to keep fucking up as it keeps us in the EU? 

I think if there was a referendum tomorrow, it would likely be as close as last time. The european elections indicated that too. 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

The top two polling parties are both Brexit parties?

So the 47:47 split between those parties is indicating that the UK wants to leave the EU? I'm not the greatest mathematician but that's some great gymnastics by you.

26 minutes ago, skend04 said:

So the 47:47 split between those parties is indicating that the UK wants to leave the EU? I'm not the greatest mathematician but that's some great gymnastics by you.

Labour is not a remain party skend04, if it was it would’ve been absolutely decimated IMO.

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

I think the referendum we had on this specific issue indicated that.

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Don't know too much about her , but sure she was rated the busiest mp in the House a few years back , and seems quite popular with the police ( In her official capacity I mean )

Labour lost a by election in the Rhonda yesterday.  Vote down by 15%.  They lost to Plaid Cymru who are anti Brexit. 

• Labour lead by 2% (Survation)
• Labour lead by 6% (Opinium)
• Labour lead by 4% (ComRes)
• Labour lead by 6% (Delta)
• Labour lead by 1% (BMG)
• Tories lead by 2% (Ipsos)
• Tories lead by 6% (YouGov)

Just to put YouGov into perspective.

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

• Labour lead by 2% (Survation)
• Labour lead by 6% (Opinium)
• Labour lead by 4% (ComRes)
• Labour lead by 6% (Delta)
• Labour lead by 1% (BMG)
• Tories lead by 2% (Ipsos)
• Tories lead by 6% (YouGov)

Just to put YouGov into perspective.

Probably me being shit but I can’t see the comres or survation polls on their websites.  When were they? 

COMRES / DAILY TELEGRAPH POLL - JUNE 2019

Survey of GB adults on their voting intentions and attitudes towards different Conservative Leadership candidates.

Lab

27%

-

Con

23%

+3

Brex

22%

+2

LD

17%

+4

CHUK

1%

UKIP

1%

SNP

3%

-

Green

5%

+1

Other

2%

+1

NEW Westminster voting intention on behalf of @MoS_Politics. 2016 adults online, fieldwork June 19-20; LAB 26% CON 24% BREX 20% LD 18% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%

2:27 pm - 22 Jun 2019

Survation

Notably impressed by Umunna managing to wangle his name into the new party name & then fucking off.

Also , probably me being biased , but I think the Tories vote will be inflated in most polls by the blanket coverage of Johnson / Gove so I reckon Labour / Libs / Greens should probably be a bit higher.

• Upvote 2