Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 780 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

16 minutes ago, moof said:

Got a real kick out of this. Very subtle, Jeremy, you sly old fox 

7D988F2C-A224-41E9-87D9-816F3554672F.jpeg

I don’t know... I think it’s unintentional. I don’t think he’s that type of person. Even if he was, he’d be smart enough to understand that it wouldn’t be a wise move to open yourself up for a possible “anti-semitic” saga right this moment.

29 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t know... I think it’s unintentional. I don’t think he’s that type of person. Even if he was, he’d be smart enough to understand that it wouldn’t be a wise move to open yourself up for a possible “anti-semitic” saga right this moment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businesslatestnews/9668396/Margaret-Hodges-family-company-pays-just-0.01pc-tax-on-2.1bn-of-business-generated-in-the-UK.html

13 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Corbyn might have got himself in hot water again over this tweet.

That is one hell of a leap, anyone using that to have a go at Corbyn already has an agenda against him. 

• Upvote 3

When you get interrupted by a woman trying to make a protest, you fall back on instinct.  That might mean assault her, or it might mean keeping your nerve and your manners; it depends on the kind of person you are. 

https://m.independent.ie/videos/world-news/video-corbyn-interrupted-during-miners-gala-speech-by-woman-pleading-to-speak-to-him-35909665.html

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

When you get interrupted by a woman trying to make a protest, you fall back on instinct.  That might mean assault her, or it might mean keeping your nerve and your manners; it depends on the kind of person you are. 

https://m.independent.ie/videos/world-news/video-corbyn-interrupted-during-miners-gala-speech-by-woman-pleading-to-speak-to-him-35909665.html

He seems like a thoroughly decent fella. I really don’t understand how anyone, given the choice of Corbyn and Hunt or Johnson would pick the latter to lead your country.

18 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He seems like a thoroughly decent fella. I really don’t understand how anyone, given the choice of Corbyn and Hunt or Johnson would pick the latter to lead your country.

It’s easy to understand when you consider those people don’t have the critical thinking skills to do anything other than parrot the shit their read on Twitter, and have that shit form their opinion of Corbyn as some mentalist, hell bent on destroying the UK because he hates Jews. When you listen to that shit and accept that it is the truth, it’s very easy to say ‘he’s soooo bad, I’d rather have Boris the liar’. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Even if Labour had a more popular leader, most would pick the latter. Far too many people don't want to see the bigger picture, they are happy in their own little bubble and will only budge if their own circumstances are threatened. Look at Brexit. Most people are happy to take 52% as being what is best for all, yet a lot of those ignore 98% of scientists warnings about important matters such as Global warming. 

No politician is perfect, it would also be impossible for any of them to please everyone. Corbyn gets way too much stick, peddled by the worst media in the Modern World. Owned by cunts who couldn't give a shit about half the morons who swallow their shite. 

• Upvote 4

All the usual suspects squealing about decisions taken by the leaders office , ignoring completely that the disciplinary committee had 2 right-wing , anti-Corbyn members out of the 3 involved in the decision.

Hoping to see quite a few trigger-ballots occurring soon , already got rid of that Brexit-wallowing tosser Fitzpatrick.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

All the usual suspects squealing about decisions taken by the leaders office , ignoring completely that the disciplinary committee had 2 right-wing , anti-Corbyn members out of the 3 involved in the decision.

Hoping to see quite a few trigger-ballots occurring soon , already got rid of that Brexit-wallowing tosser Fitzpatrick.

Did he not overrule the recommendation? 

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Did he not overrule the recommendation? 

AS far as I am aware , the NEC recommended pushing it up to the next level ( NCC ) but the disciplinary committee decided that it did not justify this action & issued a formal warning. 

A NEC source said it was a “red herring” to blame the decision on the party leadership. “Party staff recommended that he be referred to the NCC, Keith Vaz who is a longtime operator on the Labour right opposed it,” the source said.

Not sure of your point Rico.

Presumably the lady mentioned couldn't make the committee for some reason or other , so it had to be delayed and a fresh committee set up as they always are , on a rolling basis. The committee consisted of two MP's ( Keith Vaz and George Howarth , neither left wing in any sense and both chicken-coupers ) and a constituency rep. Huda Elmi, who are all regular members of the panel.

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not sure of your point Rico.

Presumably the lady mentioned couldn't make the committee for some reason or other , so it had to be delayed and a fresh committee set up as they always are , on a rolling basis. The committee consisted of two MP's ( Keith Vaz and George Howarth , neither left wing in any sense and both chicken-coupers ) and a constituency rep. Huda Elmi, who are all regular members of the panel.

It’s not my point.  Could be a coincidence or it could be playing the game.  

The telling thing in literally ALL the reporting of this is how the responsible, legally savvy journalists are reporting how Williamson was reinstated after his "antisemitiSM" comments, rather than his "antisemitiC" comments. They know that there's a huge difference between the two and that Williamson could (if he wanted to) sue the arse off them if they opted for the second term in their reporting. 

Williamson seems a bit of a knob. And bordering on being a wind up merchant. But, for me, he hasn't said anything antisemitic. He made an, on the face of it, unhelpful and provocative statement. He's obviously clarified what he meant during the disciplinary process. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought up the equal levels of antisemitism in other parties, Margaret Hodge submitting numerous complaints involving non Labour Party members etc to add context to his "too apologetic" comment and he's had the telling off that he deserves. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

This is quite amusing. 

It's more "funny peculiar" than "funny ha-ha" to see someone acting with decency and integrity on Twitter.