You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

"Alright mate. Those weekends don't half go quick and you're back in work before you know it! Did you do anything nice over the weekend?" 

"Yeah. I chatted utter bubbles on the internet about Jeremy Corbyn." 

"Erm...Okay...best get some work done anyway. Catch you later mate."

Just passing the time till the next festival organised in his honour.  

#labourlive

Hes been accused of lying about when he stopped working for PressTV. Apparently he said he stopped after the greens were mistreated after the 2009 Iranian election, protesters were shot 2009/2010, yet he continued each year until 2012. The year PressTV was banned in the UK.

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

Hes been accused of lying about when he stopped working for PressTV. Apparently he said he stopped after the greens were mistreated after the 2009 Iranian election, protesters were shot 2009/2010, yet he continued each year until 2012. The year PressTV was banned in the UK.

Fakenews 

hes ALWAYS been on the right side of history. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, A Red said:

Do you, on the face of it, think, in your opinion, that his motives were innocent? 

I honestly don’t know. I count him as an old lefty who thinks he is doing well but isn’t particularly great at doing anything. I think he’s really bad at being a leader but so I think he’s in league with Iran? For a few grand? No. That’s crazy talk. Useless, not nefarious. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I honestly don’t know. I count him as an old lefty who thinks he is doing well but isn’t particularly great at doing anything. I think he’s really bad at being a leader but so I think he’s in league with Iran? For a few grand? No. That’s crazy talk. Useless, not nefarious. 

Fair enough, I lean towards him being naive

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

He could shoot someone on Kensington High Street and still not get criticised on here.   There’s literally no criticism allowed, he’s ALWAYS on the right side of history.  Always.  

Grow up, you clueless bellend.

Or keep voting Tory and whining "it's a cult". Either's good.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s almost like there’s a disconnect between saying things, and doing things.  

He he said they were baddies, then took their money and said they were goodies.  Which is more representative?  Mmm. 

When did he say they were goodies?

54 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m sure it’s earth shattering, which is why you’ve not bothered sharing it. 

My thoughts entirely.  I've been caught out like this before on here: someone makes a claim and says that their source is freely available; I waste time finding the source and reading/watching it, just to find out it says nothing of the shit that was claimed. (I can't recall the exact subject and I can't recall which poster sent me on a wild goose chase - I could narrow it down to a list of the usual suspects, though.) Now I just think that if a claim smells like bullshit, I'll trust my nose unless someone provides evidence of the claim.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

My thoughts entirely.  I've been caught out like this before on here: someone makes a claim and says that their source is freely available; I waste time finding the source and reading/watching it, just to find out it says nothing of the shit that was claimed. (I can't recall the exact subject and I can't recall which poster sent me on a wild goose chase - I could narrow it down to a list of the usual suspects, though.) Now I just think that if a claim smells like bullshit, I'll trust my nose unless someone provides evidence of the claim.

Yeah I stopped trying to verify claims after someone here claimed Chomsky was an anti-semite or something similar. I then thought “what’s the point?”.

Rico, when you provide your evidence of Corbyn on Press TV saying what a great bunch of lads the Iranian government are, you might want to take a minute to update his Wikipedia page, because it says that no recordings exist of his appearances.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Rico, when you provide your evidence of Corbyn on Press TV saying what a great bunch of lads the Iranian government are, you might want to take a minute to update his Wikipedia page, because it says that no recordings exist of his appearances.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think the problem is that he was paid to go on Iranian TV in the first place and quite obviously didnt make any criticism of their human rights record and was prepared to criticise/question US actions.  It was a bit of coup for them having a British MP prepared to appear friendly to their regime.

He must now regret having done it and apparently lied about when/why he stopped doing it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1