You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And the assessment comes from the Foreign Office - JC rubbishes it.  He could be PM in a few months - how stupid is that? 

And who heads the Foreign Office? Jeremy Hunt (who's also Saudi Arabia's bitch.) How stupid is that?

42 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Heh heh -- read some other stuff than Chomsky mate. Its a big world.

Until then we can agree on Britains natural position as the States lapdog I guess.

A bit patronising, but whatever...

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What the fuck? The imminent war thread that’s 11 years old? 

There are tankers on fire, there’s pics of Iranian boats.  

If someone set fire to a labour office and was

filmed arriving in Mays car I’m sure you’d be looking for balance. 

I never said that the statement from the Foreign Office was warmongering. 

I bumped the war thread because the Trump regime are gearing up for an attack on Iran. They're perfectly open about that; they don’t pretend that their aims are anything but starting and winning a war.  I figured that the other thread was the appropriate thread to discuss a potentially imminent attack on Iran (rather than clog up this one) because I fear we'll have a lot more to talk about Iran over the next few months. 

Tankers have been attacked. The people who want to attack Iran have provided footage that they claim shows Iranian boats. Iran denies involvement - after all, they have no motive for attacking a Japanese vessel while they're trying to strengthen relations with Japan  - and the witnesses on the boat contradict the US version of events.  Maybe you think the balance of probabilities points the finger at Iran, but no intelligent person could argue that there is conclusive evidence of Iranian guilt. 

The "evidence" provided here wouldn’t be strong enough to sentence someone to prison.  Pompeo and Bolton want to use it to sentence tens of thousands of Iranian civilians to death. 

I want to see more evidence. 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He’s asked for more conclusive evidence. Probably the right thing to while your in opposition and even more so if he was PM. 

It’s almost as if he’s stuck his stupid fucking head over the parapet because it’s a midlde East country.  The UK statement is fucking vanilla in the extreme. The foreign office issued it - the same diplomats and civil servants he may be in charge of in a few months.  And of course the investigation has stopped. Oh no, it’s carrying on. He’s fucking dumb. 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think the boats origin has never been questioned

They have.  The Iranians deny they've got anything to do with the attacks; therefore, we can infer that they are denying the boat is theirs.

I'm posting the same stuff twice here. Can we all just decamp to the Iran thread and discuss it there?

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

we can infer that they are denying the boat is theirs.

No we can't. You are willing to against all probablity.

If it wasn't an Iranian boat (specifically a Revolutionary Guard vessel, matching others in the area)  - there wouldn't be any reason to infer anything.

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s almost as if he’s stuck his stupid fucking head over the parapet because it’s a midlde East country.  The UK statement is fucking vanilla in the extreme. The foreign office issued it - the same diplomats and civil servants he may be in charge of in a few months.  And of course the investigation has stopped. Oh no, it’s carrying on. He’s fucking dumb. 

D9HvWmEXoAAaVsh.jpg

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ok. So the islamaphobic claims are gone then? 

Yeah Hunt dealing with Saudi Arabia's rulers and wanting cash for arms sure clears the Tories of that issue.

“There are jobs in the UK ... at stake so when it comes to the issue of arms sales we have our procedures.”

I wonder if he wants to go over to Yemen and give some of the people there a lecture on our procedures? Sounds a bit psychopathic if you ask me, Jezza should still agree with what the Foreign Office says though because it's the Foreign Office.

3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

How utterly disgusting to describe treating gay people with respect as pinkwashing.

It's a crass, unnecessary and unpleasant expression to be sure. 

But what has Iran's record on hanging gays got to do with the USA's (and UK's) fondness for lying and fabricating evidence in order to interfere, and cause millions of deaths, in the Middle East?  

And it's far from respectful, I'd imagine plenty of gays would feel that being used as a stick with which to beat Iran (and Hamas etc) in order to lend support to murderous and oppressive regimes on the "other side" is pretty much as far from fucking respectful as it's possible to be. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Let us be honest here. The main problem we all face is that humans are cunts, they were in the past, they are in the present and they will be in the future. It always boils down to religion and politics. The two reasons which are nothing more than propaganda and lies, the main reason the rich abuse us. Man made to control a large percent of the masses, divide and conquer at its finest. In real life you can ignore it to a certain extent, but the internet has given everyone a voice. 

Iv'e always been a C'est la vie kind of person in life. If someone believes in religion then let them have their joy, if someone has a difference in political views the same, regardless of your own views. The problem I see, is the cunts who go out of their way to Infiltrate others beliefs and troll for the sake of it. Liverpool has and always will be for the working class. So why should certain individuals persist in spreading their beliefs and trying to stamp them on everyone? It is purely down to the internet. People who generally haven't got a stage in their own lives but choose the internet to voice their views. Hoping that someone lends an ear. Kinda sad if you think of it.  

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

There is a load of government officials of other European countries asking for more evidence.