You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I got suspended once for saying I’d shoot stupid people and someone reported it as a threat. 

I got a 12-hour suspension for calling Dan Hodges a lying cunt.  What really pisses me off is that the rule they used to suspend me wasn't a rule against using words like "cunt", it was the rule that bans racism, anti-semitism, homophobia and other forms of hate speech.

If Rachael Swindon can find out how Twitter's appeal process works, then she's smarter than me.  After going round in circles for a while, I just gave up and sucked it up.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yeah, but enough about the Corbynites, what about the Jews?

It would be enough for any Jew to become an atheist you’d think. “We’re the chosen people of God”.... looks back through history... “hang on a minute...”

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It would be enough for any Jew to become an atheist you’d think. “We’re the chosen people of God”.... looks back through history... “hang on a minute...”

It's the Old Testament God. The spiteful, vengeful prick.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Jo Bird now suspended

Right, let's see if I can get my head around this.

Jo Bird has been suspended for making comments (including a shit pun) about the frenzy over anti-Semitism, which have in turn been labelled anti-Semitic.  But she's Jewish, so does that mean that anybody criticising her comments is using the anti-Semitic "self-hating Jew" trope?  Because the Jewish Chronicle slated her for it, so maybe they're anti-Semitic too?  And, by saying that, am I using the "self-hating Jew" trope?

Fucking Hell.  Is there anybody who isn't anti-Semitic?

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jewish-voice-for-labour-jo-bird-antisemitism-1.465767

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Fucking hell have you ever looked at her Twitter feed? Reminds me of when my sister used to argue with people on MSN.

'And another thing Hahaha!!'

'You tell him girl-friend!'

'Thanks babes love you too!'

The woman needs to go take a midol.

She’s a bellend. Loads of those supporting Corbyn (on twitter mainly) are the same. Pushing people to take sides by being entrenched in the ideology and actually stifling the debate by trying to shut people up. I’ve been guilty of getting sweeped up in it all myself over the years but have been working on taking a step back it  over last 18 months, and I’ve just seen how it’s really horrific to watch both sides from the sidelines.

Plus I don’t get how half of these people on twitter become “influencers” or people seen as an important figure in all of this.

There’s so much hate in the world, I’m happy to sit at home with the family, watching films and documentaries and playing Xbox.

Sorry, wrong group. That’s all for a different meeting.

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Saw that eariler, hardly a surprise from them and showing how fraudulent they are yet again. They'll quickly get together to make a resolution (AIPAC wouldn't have any influence on this of course) but this isn't anywhere near as bad apparently from West Virgina GOP day :

2AKV18i.jpg

I don't think there's any way this can keep going on like this in the UK and US without a decent reaction from the left calling it out. It's probably just a matter of time before people get sick of it and the real shit starts hitting the fan.

Can we stop pretending that the 34th largest lobby in America is controlling American policy in a way that lobbies 1-33 could only dream of? I know Jews are good at getting value for money, but that would be ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Terrible if he was punched.  We should find out when the bloke is in court.  Although his charge doesn’t seem to reflect a very hard punch.  Unless JC has a jaw like Mike Tyson. 

Imagine if if he’d had a knife, imagine if he’d had a thermonuclear bomb!  

Considering a Labour politician was murdered not so long ago, maybe give the glib responses a bit of a rest on that one. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Can we stop pretending that the 34th largest lobby in America is controlling American policy in a way that lobbies 1-33 could only dream of? I know Jews are good at getting value for money, but that would be ridiculous.

Hahah! I totally disagree with you on AIPAC, but at least in this thread I'll stop going on about them so much. As for it dying down in the US itself, well I think that one's only just getting started really. I agree with Greenwald too when he says that these clowns should "Stop exploiting and trivializing *anti-semitism* - an extremely serious matter - to suppress the ability of people to discuss a crucial issue: how large-money donors & rich people influence & shape US politics."

Not that they're gonna listen of course, but I guess that's a given.

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I reckon lobbies 1-33 probably do control American policy more, to be honest.

Lobby 34 is just getting rather prominent attention at the moment due to all the “anti-seminism” proxy wars.

Not good for Israel or Jewish people generally in the long run I reckon.

Glenno has just linked to the resolution Dems have made. They did at least refer to the poster those cunts put up about Omar so that's something. But they made nowhere near enough noise about it, fucking sickens me that poster and how little uproar it caused.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

"Stop exploiting and trivializing *anti-semitism* - an extremely serious matter.

Is it an "extremely serious matter"? Do ordinary Jews notice it or feel it? 

Take the political agenda out of it and does it actually impact many lives?

I am a little ignorant on the subject so I'm open to correction but I would have thought the world is a much dangerous place for a lot more ethnic groups than the Jews.

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

Is it an "extremely serious matter"? Do ordinary Jews notice it or feel it? 

Take the political agenda out of it and does it actually impact many lives?

I am a little ignorant on the subject so I'm open to correction but I would have thought the world is a much dangerous place for a lot more ethnic groups than the Jews.

I think actual anti-Semitism is as serious a problem as any other types of racism. But Greenwald isn't doing an Owen Jones here and going on about it all the time whilst avoiding the smear campaigns. He does it the other way around in cases like Omar's : targets the smears mostly but will sometimes remind others how much it causes problems regarding actual anti-Semitism.

The smears are the actual problem right now, but some of the potential effects as he points out are also serious. This is ignored though as usual, they're on the attack and fuck all else matters.

48 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Can you explain the funding of Geert Wilders please? 

9 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Can you explain the funding of Geert Wilders please? 

Google not functioning in the Netherlands tonight?

Looks like he gets a lot of money from American donors. Probably should bring in a ban on that like we have here.

57 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Which lobby group has the most bankers?

29 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Google not functioning in the Netherlands tonight?

Looks like he gets a lot of money from American donors. Probably should bring in a ban on that like we have here.

Please don't message me ma on Facebook if this is antisemitic. 

https://www.dutchnews.nl/features/2010/06/wilders_and_the_us_israel_lobb-2/