You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Imagine voting for a group with Umuna and Soubry in it? Fucking hell. They're compared to Blair but Balir at least had some brains and gravitas about him. It's a lazy comparison. They're just career politicians who've spat their dummy out and are trying to dress it up as though they've had the balls to take a stand. They've got no political country and they never have.

16 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Maybe,  just maybe the new GIMPs might just pull a flanker and vote WITH the government to prop May up ? A GE would likely see them lose their seats, so in keeping with their shameless careerism, maybe a volte  face shouldn't be so surprising ?

The shameless careerism of giving up a career in a political party to, in all probability, lose your seat at the next election.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

The shameless careerism of giving up a career in a political party to, in all probability, lose your seat at the next election.

That they were going to lose anyway. It's not like any of these clowns were in the mix for a top job in politics. 

Doesn't Umuna get nine grand an hour for consultancy work for Heinz baked beans or some shit?

1 hour ago, Turkish Delight said:

YouGov poll this morning has the Tories on 38%, Labour on 26% and Independent Group on 14%.

If a general election happens they'll get a massive majority now due to this split.

It'd be interesting to know how those handful of MPs could get 14% of the vote. 

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

I have to neg that, it's pretty much laced with the view that it's anti-semitic. A low blow. 

Yep, just a total coincidence that of all the places he could be this week, he chose Berger's constituency. Just like it was a total coincidence that when he was scouting round for a place to stand in 2005, he chose Oona King's constituency.

Yep, just a total coincidence that of all the places he could be this week, he chose Berger's constituency. Just like it was a total coincidence that when he was scouting round for a place to stand in 2005, he chose Oona King's constituency.

Because he hates Jews?

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That they were going to lose anyway. It's not like any of these clowns were in the mix for a top job in politics. 

Doesn't Umuna get nine grand an hour for consultancy work for Heinz baked beans or some shit?

Something like that. I must become more  observant though, I can't ever remember noticing anywhere on the ballot paper stating that I could be voting for a part time Member of Parliament. Paid on a pro rata basis I'm sure.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm no real fan of Galloway. But, if the allegations of inappropriate conduct during the election campaign against Oona King come from King herself, in the interests of fairness it should be noted that Galloway successfully sued her twice for defaming (a.k.a. lying about) him. 

No. Sorry. I made my mind up.

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm no real fan of Galloway. But, if the allegations of inappropriate conduct during the election campaign against Oona King come from King herself, in the interests of fairness it should be noted that Galloway successfully sued her twice for defaming (a.k.a. lying about) him. 

Pssssttt. Stop it. It doesn't fit in with reality.

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Pssssttt. Stop it. It doesn't fit in with reality.

I don't deny that she settled out of court after making claims that could not be substantiated about his personal life.

This is quite separate from the facts on the ground about Respect's campaign against her.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

YouGov polls have form for artificially boosting the Tories. 

I doubt there's a single constituency  (except maybe the one where wotsername, Rico's mate, sits) that would return any of these twerps.

Can't speak about the others, but I used to live in Streatham and Umunna was a pretty good MP and popular, I think he could have a decent chance of winning his seat

I don't deny that she settled out of court after making claims that could not be substantiated about his personal life.

This is quite separate from the facts on the ground about Respect's campaign against her.

This could read easily as telling lies.

I'm sure there weren't niceties on either side, as there never are during elections. People love to hate Galloway and anyone running against him will be caught up in his hurricane-like orations, leading to a greater need to defeat him - by whatever means. 

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

This could read easily as telling lies.

Not really. Something can be 100% true, but if it can't be substantiated, you still run the risk of being sued for libel.

I look forward to hearing Oona speak at length about it when Galloway is no more, as she has pledged to do.

4 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Yes, but that's not interesting to me. I know how they get their polling votes. Getting 14% of the votes for 11 MPs out of 650 would be... impressive. 

Indeed. Well, they may form a political party and field candidates in most constituencies by the time elections are held. The number is interesting because it's reflective of how many people may react positively to a group splitting from a major party, at least at first. The numbers usually don't hold for very long in absence of a coherent political program, but it's certainly and interesting indicator.