You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

I personally don’t agree that electability is the number one priority. If the manifesto is shit then there’s no point in being elected.

If the manifesto is overly radical so as to be unelectable then that’s equally pointless.

You have to strike a balance between the two. Despite what the mainstream media would have you believe, the latest Labour manifesto was far from radical left and very electable in my view.

I know that, of course. I don't need the MSM to tell me what's in the manifesto. I do think that the manifesto doesn't matter if you don't get elected to put it into practice, though. I think any Labour government is going to have things in there that I like. I'd sooner have all of those in there, than like all of the manifesto and get none in there. Just makes sense to me. A manifesto matters, but without being able to implement it, it might as well be a beer mat.

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Usual media suspects being deployed. 

"Very brave by PREGNANT JEWISH WOMAN to stand up to the bullies!"

Look let's call this what it is. Brexit and Corbyn are the same side of the coin. The masses were given the choice (Brexit referendum and Labour membership) and both times said plebs didn't go with the programme, so it's been all out assault against the people responsible ever since - I.e ordinary folks.

C-A9Y9CWsAAuQGg.jpg

39 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I know that, of course. I don't need the MSM to tell me what's in the manifesto. I do think that the manifesto doesn't matter if you don't get elected to put it into practice, though. I think any Labour government is going to have things in there that I like. I'd sooner have all of those in there, than like all of the manifesto and get none in there. Just makes sense to me. A manifesto matters, but without being able to implement it, it might as well be a beer mat.

I’d rather be ambitious and aim to get as much stuff in there as possible and also get elected. If electability is jeapordised by a corrupt system then i’d rather go after the corruption than change to suit the system as well.

People say that Corbyn is unelectable and they may be right. But they need to ask why.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I’d rather be ambitious and aim to get as much stuff in there as possible and also get elected. If electability is jeapordised by a corrupt system then i’d rather go after the corruption than change to suit the system as well.

People say that Corbyn is unelectable and they may be right. But they need to ask why.

Fair enough, mate. I guess it's just a different approach on this one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

It's not my screenshot, and in any case, I don't see what that has to do with anything?

I figured you hadn't gone trawling for it yourself - or tried to give it any context (like Momentum, Burgon and other Labour members calling it out.)

So where did you get it?  Your old mate Guido again?

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Are you arguing that when Momentum says something, that somehow invalidates everything anyone else has written?

It invalidates your moronic innuendo, trying to imply that anti-Semitic tropes are typical of Labour.

Last time anyone took a serious look (the Parliamentary report thing in 2016) it found that anti-Semitism was no more prevalent in Labour than in any other party.  Since then, Labour has (despite the best efforts of some of the twats who are now squatting in seats won by Labour) done a lot to combat anti-Semitism in the party.  What have any other parties done in that time?

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It invalidates your moronic innuendo, trying to imply that anti-Semitic tropes are typical of Labour.

Last time anyone took a serious look (the Parliamentary report thing in 2016) it found that anti-Semitism was no more prevalent in Labour than in any other party.  Since then, Labour has (despite the best efforts of some of the twats who are now squatting in seats won by Labour) done a lot to combat anti-Semitism in the party.  What have any other parties done in that time?

Jesus Christ.  26 yrs of service just dismissed and now they are squatters.  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha, you can’t think it’s a good look to have him back.  Gallaway would be a gift to the government.  

I'm not a fan. In words he would understand, he's a grandiloquent, vainglorious popinjay. And a bit of a twat.

I don't expect him or Degsy to be occupying any position within Labour any time soon. I think Galloway would probably still be barred from membership, on the grounds of having stood against Labour, but I don't know the rules on that.

I was just commenting on your daft post.

• Upvote 1