Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 634 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

Yeah. I wonder if we will see many more join this gaggle or whether that's it. It'll be really interesting to see what happens. 

They will need some much higher profile faces to join them, and a much larger number of MPs if this is to have any effect.

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

They will need some much higher profile faces to join them, and a much larger number of MPs if this is to have any effect.

I don't disagree with that. Although I think Umunna is more dangerous than some give him credit for. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I don't disagree with that. Although I think Umunna is more dangerous than some give him credit for. 

He’s very calm and considered isn’t he, I’d imagine he could charm a lot of people

According to Peston the so called People's Vote are disappointed and will put distance between themselves and those Labour MPs resigning the whip. 

We already know that Chuka fell out with Labour but having differences with two campaigns is quite something. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Absolutely, whether you agree with them or not they’re doing the honourable thing, nowt wrong with that

Resigning their seats?

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Fair play to them doing what they believe in but it’s doomed to failure, they must know that

I'm not sure they care, their priority seems to be to prevent a Corbyn government at any cost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Fair play to them doing what they believe in but it’s doomed to failure, they must know that

I'd have a lot more respect for them if they held by-elections in those constituencies after all they weren't voted in as Independents they were voted in under a Labour banner and manifesto .

Just now, Stickman said:

I'd have a lot more respect for them if they held by-elections in those constituencies after all they weren't voted in as Independents they were voted in under a Labour banner and manifesto .

Yeah, as I’ve said I agree, honourable to walk away but they shouldn’t remain in seat as it was the Labour vote that got them there

They are screwed. If they left with a larger group of Labour MP's and a number of Tories, formed a new party with policies before announcing this they might stand a chance although the SDLP didn't survive. Aren't they really Liberal Democrats? Hasn't anyone told them?

When Douglas Carswell left the Tories for UKIP, he resigned his seat and forced a by-election. 

These people have less integrity than Douglas Carswell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A journalist asked him a stupid question; he tried to answer it honestly. The only clips I've seen are of McDonnell getting as far as "Tonypandy; Villain..." Did he add anything to balance that? Who knows? The media coverage has almost all been about slagging him off as a "Poundland Lenin". Maybe he could have refused to answer or he could have said "both", but I'm not convinced that would have made much difference. 

And if you equate the obvious and understandable enmity of most of the media to the Labour leadership with the absurd delusions of GOT's finest, then frankly you're a fucking moron.

He's the shadow chancellor. He should be taking interviews where he knows what questions are coming. If he doesn't, he shouldn't be there. 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

He's the shadow chancellor. He should be taking interviews where he knows what questions are coming. If he doesn't, he shouldn't be there. 

He should have just said something along the lines of Churchill was a complex character so the question is too simplistic, not hard is it?

• Upvote 2