Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 619 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, so you are saying that because we don’t get to see the reaction of the Corbyn supporters it shouldn’t be viewed as significant that an MP makes a blatantly AS comment?  Have I got that right? 

I had to Google "Ron Moore MP" before I reacted.

He's someone on Twitter who posts a lot of lefty stuff under a "hilarious" pseudonym.  (Ron Moore/Moore Ron; MP = Minor Pleb).

If an MP says or does anything anti-Semitic then, obviously, they need booting. If some random on Twitter posts something wrong, that needs a proportionate response, too.

59 minutes ago, Content Providicus said:

It's a constant surprise that the Lib Dems aren't polling at about 50%. After all, they're pro remain and centrist.

And, in spite of those dramatic advantages, and being better and smarter than everyone else, they still managed to fuck it all up.

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

Yep, unfortunately we have an electorate that isn't fit for purpose.

Indeed. It's all the fault of the people you're supposed to represent. It's all their fault. 

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A statement from Wavertree.  I fully expect this to get the kind of media coverage that Streeting, Umunna and all the other twats got.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/02/10/wavertree-rejects-bullying-smears/?fbclid=IwAR3x_rkvLsbHmtt6iJGxOXd1AGe4hRDoFqqnu_UNsYJpvOY94iiaA7fQRE4

The Executive of Wavertree Constituency Labour Party wishes to correct both the inaccuracies reported in the media, and the false accusations of bullying, which followed our announcement on February 7 of a special CLP meeting to consider two motions of no confidence in our MP. The motions have since been withdrawn by their proposers and the special CLP meeting cancelled.

Our role as an elected executive is to provide administration, governance and direction for the CLP. We have no control over motions submitted by CLP members and very little choice on whether to debate legitimately submitted motions. The two no-confidence motions met these criteria; our only intervention was to agree to debate them at a special CLP meeting. The purpose of this was to give our MP the maximum opportunity to take part when the motions were debated.

Since the meeting was announced, we have become the subject of much media attention. This came as no surprise, given the controversial nature of the motions (neither of which mentioned antisemitism) submitted by CLP members.

But we strongly reject the media inaccuracies and the accusations of political bullying, for simply adhering to Party rules and doing our jobs.

Furthermore, we as an Executive have always and continue now to express total solidarity with Luciana as a victim of misogyny and of antisemitism – coming mostly from the far right. Our Chair is himself Jewish and the suggestion that the CLP Executive is in any way a party to bullying and antisemitism is a false and slanderous accusation.

Dr Alex Scott-Samuel – Chair
Nina Houghton – Secretary
On behalf of the CLP Executive,
Liverpool Wavertree Constituency Labour Party

And here's Jennie Formby's response.

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/02/10/formbys-email-to-wavertree-empathises-with-berger-but-exonerates-clp/?fbclid=IwAR3P8Kmnm_Ld_rbHnhfro11H4weaW4wtve_Nwa68Vv08kFT5VxGCNqXj5VQ

Spot on from Formby. I'm not holding my breath for any apologies from the Anti-Corbyn Taliban.

Vince Cable is the only Lib Dem supporter who isn't a tory. He is a nonce  

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yep, unfortunately we have an electorate that isn't fit for purpose.

Spoken like a true centrist! 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/02/10/formbys-email-to-wavertree-empathises-with-berger-but-exonerates-clp/?fbclid=IwAR3P8Kmnm_Ld_rbHnhfro11H4weaW4wtve_Nwa68Vv08kFT5VxGCNqXj5VQ

Spot on from Formby. I'm not holding my breath for any apologies from the Anti-Corbyn Taliban.

This is a good look for Corbyn IMO. He could use this to his advantage the next time he’s accused of either being an anti-semite by the likes of Ian Austin and Joan Ryan, or being intolerant of differing views by Chuka and Kinnock.

47 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Taliban? Thought they were misunderstood?

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Taliban? Thought they were misunderstood?

I can't comment on the Afghan Taliban.  I was referring to the Anti-Rafa Taliban; now that's a real shower of cunts!

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Ron: I’ve fucked up here, I need to prove I’m not A/S.

Advisor: Well, maybe you could criticise Hitler?

Ron: Fucking ace idea! 

Do random people on Twitter have advisors? 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, so you are saying that because we don’t get to see the reaction of the Corbyn supporters it shouldn’t be viewed as significant that an MP makes a blatantly AS comment?  Have I got that right? 

Christ. You actually did think he was a real MP? 

REALLY? Hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Do random people on Twitter have advisors? 

I do, mine says ‘Come on Rico, you spend a lot of time on here, at least give Dave £30 a year’. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I do, mine says ‘Come on Rico, you spend a lot of time on here, at least give Dave £30 a year’. 

You thought he was a real MP. 

WAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA! 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

REALLY? Hilarious. 

I've been chuckling at that each time I come on to the thread. He's so eager to put the boot in that he doesn't care about facts like that.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

REALLY? Hilarious. 

I do, but if it isn’t then I’ll admit it. Maybe donate some money a worthy cause. Like Dave. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I do, but if it isn’t then I’ll admit it. Maybe donate some money a worthy cause. Like Dave. 

I've spent all my money on donations to Ron Moore's reelection campaign. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Slippin’ Jimmy said:

I've been chuckling at that each time I come on to the thread. He's so eager to put the boot in that he doesn't care about facts like that.

I’m a bit lost. What’s the line on attack today? What was it that Jeremy’s been accused to have done or failed to do?

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m a bit lost. What’s the line on attack today? What was it that Jeremy’s been accused to have done or failed to do?

Some random on twitter with the username Ron Moore MP posted something about the author of the Corbyn gossip book being Jewish. 

He's not an MP. Rico went on one about Labour MP's posting antisemitic stuff on Twitter. Despite the above - i.e. the person not even being an MP, let alone a Labour MP. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Rico gon' reek.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Some random on twitter with the username Ron Moore MP posted something about the author of the Corbyn gossip book being Jewish. 

He's not an MP. Rico went on one about Labour MP's posting antisemitic stuff on Twitter. Despite the above - i.e. the person not even being an MP, let alone a Labour MP. 

I got it wrong, I was hoodwinked.