Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 611 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

190 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?



Recommended Posts

My train was a bit full yesterday due to the one before it being cancelled. As well as this, there was a drunken Pole who looked like he'd tried to give himself a number 2 haircut by using clippers after 2 bottles of vodka shouting good luck at everyone in Dutch. In the fucking silent carriage. 

 

I took it all in and silently cursed Jeremy Corbyn and his diabolical intent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

My train was a bit full yesterday due to the one before it being cancelled. As well as this, there was a drunken Pole who looked like he'd tried to give himself a number 2 haircut by using clippers after 2 bottles of vodka shouting good luck at everyone in Dutch. In the fucking silent carriage. 

 

I took it all in and silently cursed Jeremy Corbyn and his diabolical intent. 

 

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some CIA involvement in that as well. I'd guess Corbyn might have known about that too and just gone along with it anyway. The set of bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to check if this was real it is. 

 

Celebrity psychic Uri Geller, famous for his spoon-bending and mind-reading antics, has said he will use his “telepathic powers” to stop Jeremy Corbyn becoming Prime Minister.

The Israeli-born psychic, who lives in a mansion in Berkshire, was speaking on a panel with Roseanne Barr, at an event chaired by American rabbi, Shmuley Boteach.

 

In answer to a question about the Labour Party leader, Mr Geller told the Jerusalem audience: “I have no problem in saying he is an antisemite.

“God forbid if he takes control.”

Mr Geller was asked by Rabbi Boteach if he thought it would damage his celebrity status if he spoke out by calling Mr Corbyn an antisemite.

 

Mr Geller said: “I have charisma, if I said it, I would say it in the right way. I would have to say it live on TV in Britain and feel the Jewish people looking at me.”

Mr Geller, who was once the subject of a documentary that claimed he used his telepathic and psychic powers in a number of key CIA operations during the Cold War, said he would make sure Mr Corbyn never became prime minister.

“With all my telepathic powers I am not going to let that happen,” he said.

 

Ms Barr, whose sitcom Roseanne was revived last year but then cancelled after she tweeted apparently racist comments about an African-American member of the Obama administration, said she would support Mr Geller with “telepathic powers too.”

 

Mr Geller also re-told the story about how he met Theresa May in 2014 and predicted she would become prime minsiter.

He said Mrs May came to meet him and he showed her his Cadillac covered in spoons, some of which were owned, used or touched by famous personalities.

He said: “I told her to touch Winston Churchill’s spoon. I told her she was going to be prime minister and she laughed.

“It is important that she stays in power because god forbid Corbyn should take her place.”

 

 

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/uri-geller-to-use-telepathic-powers-to-stop-jeremy-corbyn-becoming-prime-minister-1.479364

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

I had to check if this was real it is. 

 

Celebrity psychic Uri Geller, famous for his spoon-bending and mind-reading antics, has said he will use his “telepathic powers” to stop Jeremy Corbyn becoming Prime Minister.

The Israeli-born psychic, who lives in a mansion in Berkshire, was speaking on a panel with Roseanne Barr, at an event chaired by American rabbi, Shmuley Boteach.

 

In answer to a question about the Labour Party leader, Mr Geller told the Jerusalem audience: “I have no problem in saying he is an antisemite.

“God forbid if he takes control.”

Mr Geller was asked by Rabbi Boteach if he thought it would damage his celebrity status if he spoke out by calling Mr Corbyn an antisemite.

 

Mr Geller said: “I have charisma, if I said it, I would say it in the right way. I would have to say it live on TV in Britain and feel the Jewish people looking at me.”

Mr Geller, who was once the subject of a documentary that claimed he used his telepathic and psychic powers in a number of key CIA operations during the Cold War, said he would make sure Mr Corbyn never became prime minister.

“With all my telepathic powers I am not going to let that happen,” he said.

 

Ms Barr, whose sitcom Roseanne was revived last year but then cancelled after she tweeted apparently racist comments about an African-American member of the Obama administration, said she would support Mr Geller with “telepathic powers too.”

 

Mr Geller also re-told the story about how he met Theresa May in 2014 and predicted she would become prime minsiter.

He said Mrs May came to meet him and he showed her his Cadillac covered in spoons, some of which were owned, used or touched by famous personalities.

He said: “I told her to touch Winston Churchill’s spoon. I told her she was going to be prime minister and she laughed.

“It is important that she stays in power because god forbid Corbyn should take her place.”

 

 

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/uri-geller-to-use-telepathic-powers-to-stop-jeremy-corbyn-becoming-prime-minister-1.479364

Pure Brass Eye 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got no problem in saying that Uri Geller was close friends with a paedophile. So, if we're using the usual smear tactic of implying that Corbyn is an antisemite because of the people he's associated with, then it doesn't reflect too well on Uri...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've got no problem in saying that Uri Geller was close friends with a paedophile. So, if we're using the usual smear tactic of implying that Corbyn is an antisemite because of the people he's associated with, then it doesn't reflect too well on Uri...

 

He doesn't reflect too well off a bent spoon either.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You don't half dredge up some obscure weird shit. 

 

Still, I'm not sure that saying that you practice a religion is the same as the nonsense that Geller claims. You might as well have suggested that your mate Tim was going to thwart Geller with prayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Wasn’t the spoon bending blert mates with Michael Jackson. I have seen no evidence to say he is innocent of shagging Bubbles

Him, Michael Jackson and David Blaine are all bezzies. About 15 years ago they went to Exeter City FC and gave everyone aids.

 

Might have remembered that slightly wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Him, Michael Jackson and David Blaine are all bezzies. About 15 years ago they went to Exeter City FC and gave everyone aids.

 

Might have remembered that slightly wrong.

Pissing myself in the chippy reading that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Him, Michael Jackson and David Blaine are all bezzies. About 15 years ago they went to Exeter City FC and gave everyone aids.

 

Might have remembered that slightly wrong.

Memory shot mate. Maybe it was just Geller shagging chimps I recall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • If I was in any doubt of the existence of proper mad blues the the last year has changed that. Lorry driver delivers to our yard, chatted to him briefly on and of the past 5 years or so- perfectly nice guy......until one day he arrives and Im drinking out of an LFC cup. The transformation was insane, he just launched into all manner of shit, I couldnt get a word in edgeways.   Hadnt seen him for around 3 months, he turns up yesterday- he literally jumped out of his cab and was straight off the bat- "how did you get on in the league? How did you get on in the league? Didnt get what you wanted did you? And where did you lose the league? Aye?"  Over and over again- I hadnt even said anything.   I decided the best course of action would be to rise above it and settle for calling him a "fucking weapon"             
    • F365 Says: Rhian Brewster is Liverpool’s Firmino-in-waiting… “We brought them in already, only you don’t realise it,” beamed Jurgen Klopp when asked about the possibility of Liverpool making new signings this summer. It’s a question he will be asked regularly in the coming weeks and you get the impression the answer will be similar each time; one which refers to a number of Liverpool players who missed much of last season through injury but are now back in the fold. It’s normal for a player coming back from a long-term absence to be described as ‘like a new signing’. But this might not wash with many fans who recognise the need for strength in depth as they look to build on a campaign that was successful but still saw them fall short of Manchester City in the Premier League. They do have Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana and Joe Gomez coming back to full fitness in time for the new season, but there is another new face yet to make a senior appearance who might genuinely fit the ‘like a new signing’ tag. In January 2017 Klopp spoke of a “special kid” in the Liverpool academy but refused to name names so as not to put pressure on the youngster. The ‘special kid’ is thought to have been Rhian Brewster, the forward who moved from Chelsea to Liverpool aged 15. Today Klopp is not so coy when discussing the talented attacker, who is now 19 years old and ready for the first team. When asked if Brewster’s pre-season performances needed to be played down, he replied: “Why should I play it down? I saw a really good game and Rhian is a fantastic player. That is the only thing I want to talk about.” If Brewster is going to feature in the first team this season he will have to deal with the pressure of turning out for the European champions, and the Premier League’s last hope when it comes to challenging Manchester City’s dominance. This is Klopp preparing his young player for that pressure by bigging up his pre-season displays, even if they were only against Tranmere Rovers and Bradford City. But as long as he puts in a shift, Brewster may not be under too much pressure to hit the back of the net as often as other strikers in the league. This is because the centre-forward role at Liverpool is very specific and very, well, Roberto Firmino. There are few if any players in world football who could replicate the Brazilian’s role for Liverpool, so it makes complete sense that Klopp has chosen to mould a promising young player waiting for a first-team chance rather than trawl the transfer market for a player who might be a bit like Firmno, but not quite. And Brewster has had some time to work on this. Tactics in Liverpool’s youth and reserve sides mirror those in the first team, so for around three years he has been training to become the next Firmino. In April 2017 Klopp said: “Rhian has made outstanding steps in the last few months. Because of the talent group training once a week in Melwood with Pep Lijnders, I can see them. “I’ve known him for probably more than a year. A wonderful skilled boy, real striker, good finisher, fantastic work ethic, and all that stuff,” enthused the Liverpool manager. The ‘talent group’ is exactly that – a selection of talented academy players invited to integrate with the first team. There was no doubt that Brewster was good enough for this group, and the club now have no doubts that he can make the next step. The work ethic is also key, and by “all that stuff”, Klopp basically means the Firmino stuff. Firmino accepts that he has to work for the team and allow players like Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah to push forward in Liverpool’s 4-3-3, which becomes more of a 4-4-2 diamond in attack with Firmino combining the roles of attacking midfielder and striker. It’s no coincidence that Salah and Mane tied for most goals in the Premier League last season; Firmino ploughs furrows and they reap the rewards. Brewster will have to do the same, dropping deep to link play, working hard in defence, knowing when and where to press, and being versatile enough to operate in multiple positions if needed. The trade-off is that regular goals are not expected, although they are of course nice and opportunities will arise to score them once the heavy lifting has been done. It could be the ideal situation for a young player to walk into: the pressure is off as long as you work hard and understand the tactics. Born in London, Brewster moved north as he didn’t see a path to the first team at Chelsea. At Liverpool the opportunity is there, but you have to be good and you have to fit Klopp’s plan. Trent Alexander-Arnold and Gomez are the most recent success stories, and they have paved a way for academy players such as Brewster and young new signings such as centre-back Sepp van den Berg. Liverpool fans still recognise the need for a new attacking signing for the first team – someone who can play wide and centrally, someone with pace, and someone who can step in should the unthinkable happen and one of Salah or Mane pick up an injury. Given the amount of football the pair have played during the past few years (Mane’s summer break is yet to begin as he’s still with Senegal at the Africa Cup of Nations) they will definitely need a rest at some point in the new campaign. That pacy, inventive, back-up wide forward doesn’t exist in Liverpool’s current squad – unless they suddenly decide Harry Wilson is good enough – so it’s here they’ll need an actual new signing rather than ‘like a new signing’. But when it comes to their Firmino alternative they might just have a homegrown, home-made solution, and Klopp has already spoken of his plans for the teenager. “Rhian Brewster is a top striker,” said the German. “He has an important role this year, but how important? It depends on him, and we’ll see. He has to play different positions because the centre is OK, wing is possible, and then we will see how we can line up. There will be opportunities for him, I’m really sure.” Many before Brewster have been given chances and failed, but thanks to the work of Klopp and Lijnders – and the links between first team and academy – young players are now better prepared to bridge the gap to the elite. Brewster already has Champions League and (U-17) World Cup medals, but the biggest honour yet would be for him to don the red shirt and make his first senior appearance for Liverpool. https://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-rhian-brewster-is-liverpools-firmino-in-waiting
    • I actually checked this for a laugh. Because as you pointed out it was/must have been ages ago. The answer is, Norman Smith, managed them from Oct 61 until Jun 62. 
    • When was the last time they had an actual Geordie as manager? I don't mean temporary ones like Alan Shearer or John Carver, or ones simply born nearby like Bobby Robson.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×