Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 604 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Just had a look at her timeline, she's retweeted someone accusing Corbyn of trolling six million Jews for saying the holocaust shouldn't be allowed to happen again. What?

He is literally friendly with people who want to exterminate every Jew on the planet.

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So heartening to see people using Holocaust Memorial Day to tell Jews they don't know what they're talking about and that they're exaggerating anti-semitism for political purposes.

Same again next year?

Do you know what I would think was worse if I'd survived the holocaust? Members of my own community using it to further their own agendas, to the point where I myself as a holocaust survivor am actually accused of anti-Semitism if I don't fall in line.

Absolutely sickening. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Just had a look at her timeline, she's retweeted someone accusing Corbyn of trolling six million Jews for saying the holocaust shouldn't be allowed to happen again. What?

That bastard. It she never be allowed to happen again? You won’t take away might rights you commie shithouse. 

Just now, Section_31 said:

Do you know what I would think was worse if I'd survived the holocaust? Members of my own community using it to further their own agendas, to the point where I myself as a holocaust survivor am actually accused of anti-Semitism if I don't fall in line.

Absolutely sickening. 

Yes, but what you think bears zero relation what a Jewish person thinks. Jews, whether they survived genocide or not, are generally sympathetic to the idea that they should have a safe haven they can go to so it never happens again.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yes, but what you think bears zero relation what a Jewish person thinks. Jews, whether they survived genocide or not, are generally sympathetic to the idea that they should have a safe haven they can go to so it never happens again.

I don't dispute that at all, any of it, it doesn't preclude the possibility that a lot of people- be they Jewish or not - are spouting shit on this subject for a wide variety of reasons.

I don't remember you stepping up when Ed Miliband's family were being put through the wringer by the right wing press either.  

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Absolutely sickening. 

Fuck me.  I mean this is about as AS as it fucking gets.  Have a word with yourself.  It’s fucking disgusting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Funny you can laugh about it to be honest.  

Liverpool fans too.  

You’re a proper shithouse 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Fuck me.  I mean this is about as AS as it fucking gets.  Have a word with yourself.  It’s fucking disgusting.  

You're a strange lad, a really really strange lad. 

• Upvote 1

I've been to Auschwitz and written about it twice as a guest of the holocaust memorial trust.

I arranged an interview with a retired Liverpool judge who'd been evacuated as a child as part of the kindertransport and wrote a feature about it so her life story would be preserved.

I've been donating to Amnesty international since the first time I went to Auschwitz, such was its impact on me.

I'm genuinely disgusted by you Rico at your attempts to wind people up purely out of boredom and your faux outrage, you're a twat and you're going on ignore. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've been to Auschwitz and written about it twice as a guest of the holocaust memorial trust.

I arranged an interview with a retired Liverpool judge who'd been evacuated as a child as part of the kindertransport and wrote a feature about it so her life story would be preserved.

I've been donating to Amnesty international since the first time I went to Auschwitz, such was its impact on me.

I'm genuinely disgusted by you Rico at your attempts to wind people up purely out of boredom and your faux outrage, you're a twat and you're going on ignore. 

Don't be disgusted. 

It's a badge of honour to be falsely accused of being antisemitic by Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Twat. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don’t feel you need to defend yourself, mate. Nobody worth their salt thinks you’re anti-Semitic just because somebody who - quite literally - can’t even spell it is throwing shit around. He’s a proper cunt and has been for quite a while. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't remember you stepping up when Ed Miliband's family were being put through the wringer by the right wing press either.  

Yes, well we've already established that you have a very selective memory. I've been abundantly clear where I stand on that topic.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, Strontium Dog said:

The right wing media attacks on Miliband and his father had the whiff of antisemitism about them

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

So you’ve got Jewish mates? Can’t be racist then. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yes, well we've already established that you have a very selective memory. I've been abundantly clear where I stand on that topic.

That was in the summer, not when they were actually happening. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So what, my opinion hasn't changed in the intervening period.

Nah, it's because it happened when you were in coalition and Corbyn wasn't on the scene, so the discussion wasn't happening then nationally. It was the right kind of antisemitism, not the wrong sort apparently.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

One Labour account with 8k followers is challenging whether she’s Jewish enough.  But that’s not racist? 

To be fair she didn’t think think she looked Jewish enough herself whatever that means.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

To be fair she didn’t think think she looked Jewish enough herself whatever that means.

She said she didn't look typically Jewish. Not the same as questioning her legitimacy, is it.

Riley has gone off on one now about Owen Jones making out like he was the real victim of the holocaust because he's tweeted some entirely innocuous articles about the recently reported study into holocaust denial/lack of awareness. 

She's unhinged. The best thing for all, including herself, is to just close her Twitter down. She's making a show of herself.