Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 603 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Ironically I just got some Twitter abuse for suggesting Riley's  comments about not looking Jewish was itself antisimetic. Who do I blame for that then? Ben Kingsley? Alan Sugar's troll army? Or those dudes who play chess in central park? When do I get my guards too?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

He does look pretty fucked off there. Like he'd been promised this was the "Holocaust Denial Educational Trust".

He looks pretty fucked off generally . Looking his age these days  

30 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He looks pretty fucked off generally . Looking his age these days  

Wouldn't you be though? You spend your days calling for things like justice for Grenfell or for a living wage but become own of the most derided men in Britain because you had the temerity to wear a raincoat in the rain.

I bet he dreams of the day he can go back to taking pictures of manhole covers and growing rhubarb. Can't say as I blame him.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Wouldn't you be though? You spend your days calling for things like justice for Grenfell or for a living wage but become own of the most derided men in Britain because you had the temerity to wear a raincoat in the rain.

I bet he dreams of the day he can go back to taking pictures of manhole covers and growing rhubarb. Can't say as I blame him.

Unfortunately its all drowned out by Brexit which doesn't interest him but just happens to be the defining moment of post war politics in the country. 

On 1/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, Section_31 said:

Rachel Riley has had to get extra security on Countdown because of "TWITTER THREATS FROM CORBYN"S VILE TROLL STORMTROOPER ARMY OF BASTARDS."

Otherwise know as Jeff82, a taxi driver with no girlfriend. 

He’s a busy busy boy then.  

RR has said that she was inspired to look into Anti-Semitism by listening to a Muslim who called into Majid Narwaz’s radio show.  He called into the show to talk about how he’d noticed more AS and fear amongst the Jewish community so he’d signed up to an online course.  So Jeff82 must get around.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It'll be Sam Harris podcasts next. 

Spot on analysis as usual.  Do we not believe the guy then?  Was he lying?  I’ve got it! He was Mossad! 

Just read this on Twitter;

‘If you spend more time claiming Jews lie or exaggerate about instances of anti-Semitism than calling out actual anti-Semitism, consider that you may be part of why anti-Semitism has persisted all these years.’

I can’t think of any other claim of racism that would be dismissed so easily on here.  

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

‘If you spend more time claiming Jews lie or exaggerate about instances of anti-Semitism than calling out actual anti-Semitism, consider that you may be part of why anti-Semitism has persisted all these years.’

I can’t think of any other claim of racism that would be dismissed so easily on here.  

I can't think of any other criticism of a country that would be so easily twisted to be portayed as a form of religious/ethnic hatred. If you're critical of the human rights abuses or war crimes of Saudi Arabia, Syria or Sudan, you're rarely, if ever, accused of being anti-Islamic/Alawite etc. 

Antisemitism should be condemned. But, it's head in the sand time to not acknowledge that it is sometimes falsely brought up as a tactically weaponised means of silencing people and attacking them rather than addressing their legitimate concerns and criticism.

13 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Genuine anti semitism exists, aspects of it have been exaggerated to further various goals.

Calling someone from Jamaica a n**ger is racist, criticising the Jamaican government for carpet bombing civilians isn't, and anyone who used the former as a shield against the latter is a twat - end of.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I can't think of any other criticism of a country that would be so easily twisted to be portayed as a form of religious/ethnic hatred. If you're critical of the human rights abuses or war crimes of Saudi Arabia, Syria or Sudan, you're rarely, if ever, accused of being anti-Islamic/Alawite etc. 

Antisemitism should be condemned. But, it's head in the sand time to not acknowledge that it is sometimes falsely brought up as a tactically weaponised means of silencing people and attacking them rather than addressing their legitimate concerns and criticism.

RR is not religious and has fuck all to do with Israel.  She’s got tonnes of shit on this thread for talking about AS and every time someone shouts ‘But Israel!’  What has Israel got to do with her? Same with Baddiel, same with Schneider. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

RR is not religious and has fuck all to do with Israel.  She’s got tonnes of shit on this thread for talking about AS and every time someone shouts ‘But Israel!’  What has Israel got to do with her? Same with Baddiel, same with Schneider. 

A largely irrelevant and untruthful reply. Par for the course. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

With Rachel Riley IMO it’s less to do with her being a militant Israel supporter (of which I don’t know if she is), but more to do with her calling Corbyn, Galloway and Chomsky anti-semites for calling out Israel’s actions. 

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

With Rachel Riley IMO it’s less to do with her being an militant Israel supporter (of which I don’t know if she is), but more to do with her calling Corbyn, Galloway and Chomsky anti-semites for calling out Israel’s actions. 

I don't think she really knows what she's on about to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think she really knows what she's on about to be honest. 

Yes, no fucking way she’s as clever as you kids.  No fucking way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

When I saw that you'd quoted my post about Corbyn it opened up a whole world of possibilities, I could barely contain my excitement to see what you'd written. In fact I had to sit down first. 

So heartening to see people using Holocaust Memorial Day to tell Jews they don't know what they're talking about and that they're exaggerating anti-semitism for political purposes.

Same again next year?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So heartening to see people using Holocaust Memorial Day to tell Jews they don't know what they're talking about and that they're exaggerating anti-semitism for political purposes.

Same again next year?

Erm... this is where I say QED right?

19 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Yeah. She’s good at maths. She must be spot on about Chomsky. Makes perfect sense. 

• Upvote 1

Just had a look at her timeline, she's retweeted someone accusing Corbyn of trolling six million Jews for saying the holocaust shouldn't be allowed to happen again. What?