Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 555 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

23 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nice to see him paying respects. 

Has he never been to Liverpool in all this time?

I don’t like it

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Champ said:

Has he never been to Liverpool in all this time?

Honestly no idea, he has spoken at length and in great support but no idea if he has been up. Probably. It's what he should have done, having visited Anfield for the match and having the Conference in Liverpool. 

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that.

I just hate to think of anyone using other people’s suffering for their own purposes

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Champ said:

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that.

I just hate to think of anyone using other people’s suffering for their own purposes

There's a fine line for politicians between fulfilling the expectations of paying respects and looking like you're using a disaster to drum up support. I think it's always fair to give a bit of leeway (and it applies to everyone, eg May over Grenfell).

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

DntcVQ5X4AAEcJJ?format=jpg

Does this mean he’s now got to go to Everton?

Who’d be a politician?

Would he have still turned up if Ronnie Rosenthal or Avi Cohen were still playing for us, though, that's the real question.

11 hours ago, razor said:

Would he have still turned up if Ronnie Rosenthal or Avi Cohen were still playing for us, though, that's the real question.

I believe he stopped watching Arsenal when Yossi went on loan there the Anti-Semitic fuckstain!*

*This may not be true!

I don't see any issue with what corbyn did yesterday. We should be glad of his continued support, because we're going to need it when these slippery twats try to wriggle out of their charges. 

However, I'm getting really dissolusioned with the whole Europe thing. I feel like labour is just giving up and providing absolutely no opposition to those other twats. By the time they move, it's going to be too late. This "let's wait for an election, where we'll still take you out of Europe but start negotiating all over again" is just fucking pure nonsense. We're out in 6 months. Step the fuck up. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't see any issue with what corbyn did yesterday. We should be glad of his continued support, because we're going to need it when these slippery twats try to wriggle out of their charges. 

However, I'm getting really dissolusioned with the whole Europe thing. I feel like labour is just giving up and providing absolutely no opposition to those other twats. By the time they move, it's going to be too late. This "let's wait for an election, where we'll still take you out of Europe but start negotiating all over again" is just fucking pure nonsense. We're out in 6 months. Step the fuck up. 

Which is where my sensitivity comes from. As a Labour supporter all I’m seeing portrayed is internal disputes and a long running manifesto. And yes I know the media are more than happy to report all that but what about stepping up and making a different story by being a proper opposition through all this shit and persuade the wider country there’s a party worth fighting for here

15 minutes ago, Champ said:

Which is where my sensitivity comes from. As a Labour supporter all I’m seeing portrayed is internal disputes and a long running manifesto. And yes I know the media are more than happy to report all that but what about stepping up and making a different story by being a proper opposition through all this shit and persuade the wider country there’s a party worth fighting for here

I don't think the labour leadership want to be seen as the party who deny "the people". But we're 2 years along. We've got no deal worth talking about. Maybe we have got to leave and there's no way out, but for fucks sake, when do we start fighting for something, instead of just letting may slip around holding her party together by the skin of their teeth?

I’m hoping the Labour Party conference will lead them to make the case for a second referendum. Not a ‘shit deal or no deal’ referendum that I wouldn’t even vote in, but a check to see if the British people still back the idea of leaving Europe and the implications of it. The noise from the BBC article certainly suggests it’s something that’s likely to be on the agenda soon. Although, I expect the Tories to ram it through regardless. 

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

He's willing to back a second referendum if the party votes for it. Seems fairly democratic. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-back-second-referendum-13292683

Said last week to Section I was hoping for this from conference. 

My guess was was they wanted to do this but politically it works better for the leadership following a majority vote at conference.