Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 554 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

5 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Any comments on Brexit, Saltzberg?  

Corbyn: No deal is not an option

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has said that “no deal is not an option” and slammed the government’s negotiating tactics. However, his response does not include a demand that May drop her current plans and, interestingly, also calls on the EU to end the “political games.”

Theresa May’s Brexit negotiating strategy has been a disaster. The Tories have spent more time arguing among themselves than negotiating with the EU.

From day one, the Prime Minister has looked incapable of delivering a good Brexit deal for Britain. The political games from both the EU and our Government need to end because no deal is not an option.

7 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He/Labour have said that they will push for e GE and let the public decide what way they want to go, haven’t they? 

Where's the choice if both major parties are not willing to have a final vote. 

Vote LD and hope for a hung parliament seems a poor option, 

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Where's the choice if both major parties are not willing to have a final vote. 

Vote LD and hope for a hung parliament seems a poor option, 

It’s not a viable option either because it’ll be the first thing out of the window in a coalition agreement. There’s zero viable options at this point. Not unless the Tories implode and implode soon. 

Edit: Oh, you mean if Labour win the major share in an election before the scheduled election, and there’s an agreement between Lib and Lab. could happen if the unlikely implosion happens, I guess.

We need to face it, we are leaving the EU.

Labour are in a dodgy position. If, however unlikely, May gets a deal and puts in to Parliament.

Labour can either give them a new term cementing her victory or plunge the UK into turmoil by rejecting the ‘best possible option’

4 hours ago, Anny Road said:

Labour are in a dodgy position. If, however unlikely, May gets a deal and puts in to Parliament.

Labour can either give them a new term cementing her victory or plunge the UK into turmoil by rejecting the ‘best possible option’

This is where the Six Tests come into it.

No Tory is bringing a deal that meets those tests.

5 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s not a viable option either because it’ll be the first thing out of the window in a coalition agreement. There’s zero viable options at this point. Not unless the Tories implode and implode soon. 

Edit: Oh, you mean if Labour win the major share in an election before the scheduled election, and there’s an agreement between Lib and Lab. could happen if the unlikely implosion happens, I guess.ote on, 

We need to face it, we are leaving the EU.

I'm still not sure we will. There are legal challenges to come that have not been reported properly and I can't see a situation where May cant get a deal and there is no deal for Parliament to vote on . There are lots of twists to come over the next couple of months 

• Upvote 1

I’d settle for all the parties coming together and saying ‘this ain’t gonna work, it’ll fuck us over for decades’ - the a GE.  I honestly wouldn’t care who won. 

You had your chance to avoid it, you cared who won then because you voted for the only party that made it possible. The idea that the party with members now pushing a no deal Brexit will turn around and stop it is fantasy. 

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is where the Six Tests come into it.

No Tory is bringing a deal that meets those tests.

Exactly, but it will look political and negative if they try to derail our strive towards independence.

5 hours ago, rico1304 said:

I’d settle for all the parties coming together and saying ‘this ain’t gonna work, it’ll fuck us over for decades’ - the a GE.  I honestly wouldn’t care who won. 

Jesus fucking christ

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I will return to my ship, fortify the empire and prepare for a fight to the death.

Captain Mogg will be sending the orders from HQ in the Cayman Islands

6 hours ago, rico1304 said:

I would have settled for a few hundred thousand muppets like you giving a shit about other folk and not your next car.

Then this thread would never have existed and your train may turn up on time.

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

I would have settled for a few hundred thousand muppets like you giving a shit about other folk and not your next car.

Then this thread would never have existed and your train may turn up on time.

I’d take that. Or maybe as a consolation, a few hundred thousand muppets like you not wanting to ‘take back control’

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’d take that. Or maybe as a consolation, a few hundred thousand muppets like you not wanting to ‘take back control’

Ask me again. 

Do i want to leave the EU.

My answer would be yes I do. It is a pile of shite.

Do I want a complete fucking disaster of a exit? Of course not. I wasn’t even asking the question in the first place.

You asked me I answered.

I'm all for a new vote but a leave vote comes with a brexit tax called the convictions tax. Those who vote for brexit it pay an extra 10-15 percent income tax or a deduction of the same amount if they claim any kind of social security for the rest of their lives. The money made will become a basic income for those who voted to remain. That way even all of us may have something to lose.

I'll let someone else workout the details and issues I'll call this the Cameron philosophy.

I'm taking the piss clearly but though whole fucking things is a mess.

I know we are all meant to love the freedom and pleasure and short cues at Benidorm airport that the EU has given us but do people not even for one minute acknowledge that it is a capitalist, low wage wet fucking dream.

cant get cheap Labour in Stoke don’t worry we will fly them in from Turkey.

Fuck off with that.