Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 553 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I'd imagine the average Lib Dem voter also has considerably more money than the average Labour voter.

They always seem the wealthy village opposition to Tories. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You almost certainly to alone, but surely you can see a political reason to completely alienate Murdoch media? These 1.5m people 364 days a year. Then there's Sky, and other ramifications. I hate the Sun as much as anybody, that's not the point; looking outside of your own view, and our own hatred, you surely can't believe that telling them to fuck off will be a positive thing in terms of results for elections? I mean, surely.

I agree with this in part NV but the Labour party and Corbyn have done quite well recently in motivating the base of their support by pointing out adversarial relationships they have with elements of the press (in particular the Daily Mail). Actually on the whole I often think politicians don't do this enough i.e. identify their enemies and what they are fighting against, I think it might be easier for sections of the public to get on board with rather than endless triangulation/fear of alienating sections of the populous.

• Upvote 1

Far too busy filming a new Panorama episode - Theresa May At Home. See the softer, more cuddly side of Britain's top negotiator, as Theresa takes us through her favourite recipes, shares with us her penchant for leather trousers, and introduces us to her teddy bear collection.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can't post the article due to some copyright protection but the link at the bottom.

"The Labour party has stepped into the vacuum left by the government and appears to be offering the radical change that people seek." This by ex Tory Treasury Min & Goldman economist Jim O'Neill should terrify the Cons and please Labour

David Lammy

To those saying we need a GE not a #PeoplesVote - I want rid of this awful Tory govt more than anyone.

But we need to get real. Tory & DUP MPs are not going to vote for a GE in a month of Sundays. 

Far more likely some vote for a referendum amendment - if so, the govt collapses

Labour have held their cards close to their chest all this time. Why would they bust their load now and hand Theresa her only possible lifeline?

I said all along I think the correct policy is to wait until the Tories self destruct because brexit, in any form, is undeliverable. I think labour called this one right, personally. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, moof said:

I have to say, I don’t rate Lammy at all. 

But he is right. The maths aren't there with the Fixed Term Parliament Act. They'll call a referendum before a general election as even the rebels won't vote themselves out of parliament.

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

But he is right. The maths aren't there with the Fixed Term Parliament Act. They'll call a referendum before a general election as even the rebels won't vote themselves out of parliament.

I disagree, the only way we’ll ever get a second referendum is via a general election. I can’t see it happening any other way 

My understanding is that the Labour leadership position is that all options remain on the table. At least that's what was said at our CLP AGM last night.

2 minutes ago, moof said:

I disagree, the only way we’ll ever get a second referendum is via a general election. I can’t see it happening any other way 

If May entertains it, she is gone and the replacement will pull out with no deal. Unless there can somehow be an election, there’s going to be fuck all doing. Rico’s boys have sold us down the fucking river. 

• Upvote 1

DUP first and only priority is avoiding a United Ireland. Whilst May is backing the DUP ( at the moment things change quickly) if they can't break the EU attention will turn to the DUP. How will the DUP react to that?  

There was only one vote in it when the Callaghan government was defeated in 79 and John Smith's Labour got very close to bringing down John Majors government over Maastricht. Labour will almost definitely vote against a May deal then it is up to maybe 20 -30 Tory and DUP members of parliament who will make the difference accounting for some Labour mps. 

Watching the UK being embarrassed would have focused some Tory mps minds yesterday. Putting aside their politics a lot of Tory mps are true believers in the prestige and influence of the UK. 

As for no deal if they walk out then I assume that if the politicians don't enforce a no confidence the markets would. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If May entertains it, she is gone and the replacement will pull out with no deal. Unless there can somehow be an election, there’s going to be fuck all doing. Rico’s boys have sold us down the fucking river. 

Its not the Torys fault as Rico states its Labours for doing fuck all.