You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

23 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What the fuck were you talking about, and why was it ‘how to kill Jews’?

No mention of Israel either. We’re a weird bunch. It was chitter chatter about local issues, Tory councillors, fundraising and potential canvassing should there be another snap election. 

There was a new bloke who just stood up and walked out halfway through. I think he only came for the anti-semitism and bailed when it became clear there wasn’t gonna be any. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

No mention of Israel either. We’re a weird bunch. It was chitter chatter about local issues, Tory councillors, fundraising and potential canvassing should there be another snap election. 

There was a new bloke who just stood up and walked out halfway through. I think he only came for the anti-semitism and bailed when it became clear there wasn’t gonna be any. 

PressTV behaviour from the new guy. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We had a branch meeting today. Two hours I was in there and nobody even mentioned Jeremy Corbyn once. This is not the cult I signed up for. 

What's the point of the Labour party if you can't go along to your meeting and let your anti-semite all hang out. it just sounds like ridiculous waste of time and defeats the fucking object if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

What puzzles me about the whole anti Semitism and institutional racism according to Chuka is how come the likes of Sky, BBC or Channel 4 not done an undercover expose to infiltrate meetings to find out which party members are planning the next holocaust ?

I mean they've done them on football hooligans, the BNP and I remember a very good one on care homes done by the Beeb, organisations that you would think would be a lot harder to infiltrate than a party that has over 500,000 members. I mean fuck sake my wife's nan is a member and she's 82.

Or is it just online stuff aimed at the likes of Tracy Oberman (who I'd never even heard of till all this started and then found out she was in EastEnders ) which is still abhorrent but at the end of the day could be sent by anyone unless you get the Police involved.

I could be wrong maybe there has been one done in a newspaper but I keep hearing anti Semitism this anti Semitism that but you never see any hard evidence and by that I mean shit loads not just the odd weirdo tweeting shite .

Instead you get so-called journalists or MP's saying Labour's a racist party but no one ever challenges them to back it up.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Stickman said:

What puzzles me about the whole anti Semitism and institutional racism according to Chuka is how come the likes of Sky, BBC or Channel 4 not done an undercover expose to infiltrate meetings to find out which party members are planning the next holocaust ?

I mean they've done them on football hooligans, the BNP and I remember a very good one on care homes done by the Beeb, organisations that you would think would be a lot harder to infiltrate than a party that has over 500,000 members. I mean fuck sake my wife's nan is a member and she's 82.

Or is it just online stuff aimed at the likes of Tracy Oberman (who I'd never even heard of till all this started and then found out she was in EastEnders ) which is still abhorrent but at the end of the day could be sent by anyone unless you get the Police involved.

I could be wrong maybe there has been one done in a newspaper but I keep hearing anti Semitism this anti Semitism that but you never see any hard evidence and by that I mean shit loads not just the odd weirdo tweeting shite .

Instead you get so-called journalists or MP's saying Labour's a racist party but no one ever challenges them to back it up.

If you ask for evidence, you get accused of being in denial, of not taking anti-Semitism seriously and of probably being a bit anti-Semitic yourself. 

One thing Press TV did by filming that recent meeting was to show how easy it would be for the BBC, or whoever, to do some journalism, if they could be arsed.

Well, here's a surprise... the Deputy Leader not doing the job he was elected to. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tom-watson-labour-conference-2018-speech-jeremy-corbyn-mp-richard-corbett-a8532206.html

If there's a lesson here, it's for everyone who ever called Watson a worse-than-useless fat cunt. He's lost a ĺot of weight and he's still a worse-than-useless cunt.

"Tom felt it was more important for the leader of the European Parliamentary Labour Party (EPLP) to have the opportunity to address the conference on Brexit."

No shit.  How was that NOT on the agenda already?

Of course it might have been: "The timing of other speeches has no effect on Tom's speech, which is in the timetable. There's no need for him to give up his slot."

Interesting thread..

to summarise, Corbyn’s tweet could only be interpreted three ways:

1. A direct threat against British jews

2. Corbyn felling the British jews to go fuck themselves

3. Reckless and stupid for using the word ‘threat’ given the recent revelation that British Jews see Corbyn as a threat. 

21 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Interesting thread..

to summarise, Corbyn’s tweet could only be interpreted three ways:

1. A direct threat against British jews

2. Corbyn felling the British jews to go fuck themselves

3. Reckless and stupid for using the word ‘threat’ given the recent revelation that British Jews see Corbyn as a threat. 

I always think you shouldn't attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity, and it's certainly pretty stupid to blame an anonymous group of people for the financial crisis whose only identifying characteristic is that they refer to Jeremy as a threat, when the only group of people who has used that term to refer to Jeremy recently is... well, you know who. 

The thing is, while I choose to believe that Jeremy Corbyn is stupid - like, 2 Es at A-level stupid -  I'm not going to pillory people who think he knows exactly what he's doing. After all, they're the ones on the sharp end.