You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Fuck knows. Unless...

He's always been against apartheid. That he believes that all acts of genocide should be viewed with the same level of condemnation is just further evidence of that stance.

His Early Day Motion signings really do highlight his Jew hatred though...

https://i1.wp.com/skwawkbox.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Djd0EBQW0AU8HPF.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Unless the Jewish campaigners who proposed it are all anti-Semitic?

Look, you can find a minority of idiots anywhere. Do you intuitively think the majority, or even more then say 1% of ‘the Jewish community ‘ are looking to change the name of the day? Why not include genocide instead of replacing holocaust?

You wouldn't be invoking Occam's Razor, now, would you? We don't take kindly to that sort of thing around here.

No.  He's invoking Bellend's Dishonesty - and erasing the Jews from the story of the Never Again For Anyone initiative.  (Why would he do that?  Unless...)

Look, you can find a minority of idiots anywhere. Do you intuitively think the majority, or even more then say 1% of ‘the Jewish community ‘ are looking to change the name of the day? Why not include genocide instead of replacing holocaust?

Why don't you ask the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network?  It was their campaign.

But why’s he getting involved? Why all the links?

Cloughie and Fash

Why is an anti-Zionist signing an EDM in support of an anti-Zionist campaign?  It's baffling.  I'm completely stumped.

Can't be arsed looking up the Cloughie thing.  If you've got a point to make, you'll have to make it.

It’s not even as if his fuck ups are designed to make him money or gain favours, he’s just coming across as thick as fuck.

What fuck ups?

Didn't Trump make a statement on one Holocaust Rememberance Day and omit mentioning Jewish people and then go on to clarify his statement by saying he was being inclusive and remembering everybody who died, Jewish or not?

His comments weren't really lept on to the extent that Corbyn's have been. Nor were they claimed to be evidence of antisemitism.

About 40% to 45% of the victims of Nazi German genocide were non-Jews. I think it's entirely reasonable to acknowledge the 5 million or so non-Jews who were slaughtered.

You've (in general, not you specifically) got bad Corbyn issues if you want to use an attempt to recognise millions of deaths and twist it as evidence of antisemitism.

Why don't you ask the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network?  It was their campaign.

They are a Palestine pressure group!

I think this is what Stronts was referring to earlier. In his haste to align with pro Palestinian groups he’s willing to be associated with anyone, as

Long as it’s pro-Palestine. How anyone in their right mind would want to remove Holocaust from this day is beyond me. And you’d agree before Corbyn but you are know being forced to contort rather than admit - that’s bollocks. Cult of personality.

I don't do anything of the sort, and I don't need to resort to "ruses". If I wanted to say that Corbyn shared their abhorrent views, I would have done. I should have anticipated my words would have been twisted, and that the obvious meaning of "he agreed with them" being "he had areas of agreement with them" would be passed over in favour of something utterly nonsensical. Pathetic, really.

Yeah, I think it’s clear.

Hilarious misrepresentation of Clegg, Ashdown and Farron, btw. Real classy.

Yes. That was the point.

They are a Palestine pressure group!

I think this is what Stronts was referring to earlier. In his haste to align with pro Palestinian groups he’s willing to be associated with anyone, as

Long as it’s pro-Palestine. How anyone in their right mind would want to remove Holocaust from this day is beyond me. And you’d agree before Corbyn but you are know being forced to contort rather than admit - that’s bollocks. Cult of personality.

So much wrong!   

Firstly a "Palestine pressure group"?  They are a Jewish campaign group, rejecting the atrocities and human rights abuses carried out by the Israeli State.  Is there anything wrong with that?

Corbyn is a long-standing campaigner for Palestinian rights - a former patron of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign.  What is so odious of him aligning himself with a Jewish group also campaigning against apartheid?  What is so surprising?

Nobody wants to remove the Holocaust from Holocaust Memorial Day.  A Jewish group (including at least one Holocaust survivor amongst its leadership) proposed changing the name; whether you agree with that or not, it's a valid viewpoint that deserves not to be misrepresented.  I'm sure you've read the EDM on the link you posted - and you're not thick - so I'll conclude you're being deliberately dishonest.  

As it happens, I don't agree with the proposed name-change.  I've never suggested I do.  If I were an MP, I wouldn't have signed that EDM.  So, in a way, you're right to assume that I would have been opposed to the name-change before Corbyn; you're just a million miles off to assume that I'd support it now.  

As I've said before - keep believing it's a personality cult; it makes our job easier.  We'll try and make sure you've still got a job in the nationalised gas industry.

When it comes to bite him on the arse when he should be spanking the worst government in memory!!!

Are you suggesting that he would have been better off keeping his principles to himself for the last 30 years, just in case he might ever say or do something that could be misrepresented and used against him?

It's the principles that got him where he is today.  It's the unprincipled slitherous creatures on the right of the party - the ones who have spent their careers being "careful" - who are keeping Theresa May where she is today.

Are you suggesting that he would have been better off keeping his principles to himself for the last 30 years, just in case he might ever say or do something that could be misrepresented and used against him?

It's the principles that got him where he is today. It's the unprincipled slitherous creatures on the right of the party - the ones who have spent their careers being "careful" - who are keeping Theresa May where she is today.

The ones who appeal to more of the party than the far left? The ones who got you in government? The ones who you’d be a fringe party without? Those ones? The ones who are pro Europe? Those ones?

Left will eat itself.