You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

What hidden subtext? Madness. Sorry, but you're imagining it. I have absolutely no reason to believe that Corbyn wants to execute gays or destroy Israel even if some of his mates do, and nor does anyone same for that matter. My point, which has been clear since minute one, isn't that he shares any nefarious beliefs with these people, but that he shares a platform with them.

I stopped at 'some of his mates'. Some of your mates would have joined the IRA if they could, by their own admission. You supported them, because you agree with them.

Of course, I'm referring to your liberalism above. Not the IRA thing. That was said for no reason. Pull the other one.

I bought Hajo Meyer's book earlier. The one where he gives his account of the similarities he's witnessed between Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and the treatment of German Jews in the early stages of Nazi Germany.

Given that his comparison is allegedly antisemitic, I was astounded to find such content readily available to purchase on Amazon...

Or, maybe, just maybe....

I shouldn't have to defend myself against this nonsense. It's absolutely clear what I meant, and I even spelled it all out for you, and still you make the ridiculous claim, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Nonsense? It's fucking blatant and something you do consistently. Are you honestly saying that your statements saying he sits beside 'evil people' with 'abhorrent views' and that he overlooks these 'shortcomings' ‘because he agrees with them’, what you were really saying is they both like fucking tiddlywinks? Like I say, pull the other one.

You don't have to defend yourself, certainly not against the indefensible, but it doesn't mean I won't keep pushing back against obvious insinuations and smears. It's as credible as if I said the reason you support the party lead by IRA apologists (like Paddy Ashdown), anti-gay hate figures (like Tim Farron), and supporters of state sponsored terrorism (like Nick Clegg) is because you agree with them, then when called on it I say 'I'm talking about how you support freedom of speech'. It's fatuous. The whole thing is a ruse.

I bought Hajo Meyer's book earlier. The one where he gives his account of the similarities he's witnessed between Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and the treatment of German Jews in the early stages of Nazi Germany.

Given that his comparison is allegedly antisemitic, I was astounded to find such content readily available to purchase on Amazon...

Or, maybe, just maybe....

You should have said, we’d have bought it for you.

I can't decide what is the more compelling evidence of Corbyn's deep-seated hatred of Jews, the time he hosted a Holocaust memorial event addressed by a Holocaust survivor or the time he attended a Passover event with some Jewish friends.

How about the time they tried to take the Holocaust out of that Memorial Day?

Changing Holocaust to genocide is a bit weird. What was the reasoning behind that?

Don't know for sure. Holocaust Memorial Day does memorialise other genocides* so there's a bit of a logic there.

(I bet Jackie Walker wishes she'd read up on that before questioning it at a public meeting; she might still be a party member if she had.)

Nonsense? It's fucking blatant and something you do consistently. Are you honestly saying that your statements saying he sits beside 'evil people' with 'abhorrent views' and that he overlooks these 'shortcomings' ‘because he agrees with them’, what you were really saying is they both like fucking tiddlywinks? Like I say, pull the other one.

You don't have to defend yourself, certainly not against the indefensible, but it doesn't mean I won't keep pushing back against obvious insinuations and smears. It's as credible as if I said the reason you support the party lead by IRA apologists (like Paddy Ashdown), anti-gay hate figures (like Tim Farron), and supporters of state sponsored terrorism (like Nick Clegg) is because you agree with them, then when called on it I say 'I'm talking about how you support freedom of speech'. It's fatuous. The whole thing is a ruse.

I don't do anything of the sort, and I don't need to resort to "ruses". If I wanted to say that Corbyn shared their abhorrent views, I would have done. I should have anticipated my words would have been twisted, and that the obvious meaning of "he agreed with them" being "he had areas of agreement with them" would be passed over in favour of something utterly nonsensical. Pathetic, really.

Hilarious misrepresentation of Clegg, Ashdown and Farron, btw. Real classy.