You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

If the Tories wanted to nationalise the energy suppliers and Labour wanted to keep them in private hands, then would that be enough to sway you Rico? Because I honestly don't know what other things are in it for you. You might pay a bit more tax, as I will, but surely that's worth it for the other stuff.

Yes, losing my job v more tax is a no brainer. Keeping my job and less tax is my best option obviously!

The way I view it Corbyn's policies are mostly paid for by taxing the rich and businesses. We all know that once anyone gets into power and realises how things work the rich and businesses ain't going to be taxed to the extent he wants. That means someone else will have to pay, that someone is very likely to be me. In short, if he were to win the chances of my taxes going up in the next 5 years are higher under Labour, even if I keep my job. Why would I vote for that?

Yes, losing my job v more tax is a no brainer. Keeping my job and less tax is my best option obviously!

The way I view it Corbyn's policies are mostly paid for by taxing the rich and businesses. We all know that once anyone gets into power and realises how things work the rich and businesses ain't going to be taxed to the extent he wants. That means someone else will have to pay, that someone is very likely to be me. In short, if he were to win the chances of my taxes going up in the next 5 years are higher under Labour, even if I keep my job. Why would I vote for that?

Because we might have a health service and education system that functions? A healthy and educated nation sounds just like the right place to do business.

Did you not have a job with a nationalised gas board, one on decent money with a final salary pension scheme? 

The thing about people who aren't millionaires who vote tory fail to realise is that even if they are one of lucky few with reasonably well paid jobs they are still usually no more than a paycheck away from the dole and have to put up with the same stuff everybody else does,waiting ages to be treated for a health problem,more likely to be a victim of crime,drug problems and the crime it brings with it,and this is without the more trivial things like appalling state of the roads,railways and whole transport system. These are all caused by greed and funnelling money into their sponsors bank accounts rather than into essential services to make our lives a bit more tolerable. Also the rise of selfishness and destruction of communities has made it easier for criminals and terrorists to hide among us due to this 'keeping ourselves to ourselves.' Pretty much everything thats wrong with this country can be traced back to tory policy and,it seems,that people are noticing this,especially the young.

• Upvote 3

Was a question mate, you're not such an old cunt as I thought.

Surely there would be equivalent jobs in a nationalised gas board?

Fucking hell EDF have jobs here, why not have a similar situation abroad?

My grey makes me look older!!!

Before I started there were managers dining rooms, silver service, chauffeurs galore and 13x of everything.

Are they? Like what?

Better pension scheme than most, more annual leave, higher redundancy packages if the worst comes to the worst and a culture where incompetence is not punished as strongly

I've worked at former nationalised companies and know quite a few lifers at BT and BG - it's not like working for a real capitalist company

Better pension scheme than most, more annual leave, higher redundancy packages if the worst comes to the worst and a culture where incompetence is not punished as strongly

I've worked at former nationalised companies and know quite a few lifers at BT and BG - it's not like working for a real capitalist company

Ok here goes;

Average salary pension

25 days holiday

2 weeks per year redundancy capped at 52 weeks max

I don't recognise the comment on poor performance being allowed and I know that every single person I know who's been lmade redundant has done well.

Labour has gained 150,000 new members in the three days since the election.

The Conservative Party has just under 150,000 members in total.

Plus, the Tories main voting demographic seems to only be going one way. Down. To be blunt, old people die.

As for Labour and Corbyn in particular, the youngsters seem to love him. And we know what the young folks are like. They don't like to be left out when it comes to the latest trend. And, politically, that trend is to use your voice, to get out and vote. And vote Labour. There's a fuck load of 16 and 17 year olds out there who'll be itching to vote once they turn 18.

And, they're more likely to vote Labour. And Corbyn. Kept in power by those £3 Tories. Beautiful.

In the build up to this election, Labour focussed their social media output on focussing on empowerment of the young, getting them out to vote. The Tories did fuck all in this regard, at the same time as pissing off some of their core vote with the dementia tax. The Tories have now got a huge battle on their hands to try and totally change tact and try to appeal to the younger voters. But, these youngsters aren't naive. They'll know that any Tory change in focus towards the young will be artificial and done purely because they've realised that the young vote matters. A definite case of that stable door after the horse has bolted malarkey.

That's why the Tories are desperately clinging to power. They're petrified of calling another early election.

Nobody is fucking arsed about your job. Bore off.

I was told that my job was somehow 'better' as it was in a once nationalised industry- I was just showing it wasn't.

Why don't you just put me on ignore? Saves you sniping you snipe nosed cunt.