You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I was, put on 126 for the first wicket and a lot of singles. Beer went straight to my head.

So it'll be easy to show where I was wrong. On your marks...

I've not said you were wrong. As you need 326 seats to win the election neither side won. Pretty damning when the majority of voters are carpet bombed with right-wing propaganda from all but the smallest number of media outlets.

I've not said you were wrong. As you need 326 seats to win the election neither side won. Pretty damning when the majority of voters are carpet bombed with right-wing propaganda from all but the smallest number of media outlets.

Oh right, are you of the generation where everyone got a medal?

Oh right, are you of the generation where everyone got a medal?

Look I know you were sore on Friday morning and now you're confused and conflicted that you're party is being propped up by the exact type of people you don't like but I'm not wrong. Neither party won, the clue is in FPTP. Instead of being childish get down to your local Conservative club and register your displeasure at having religious terrorists from the provinces effectively run Parliament.

Can't argue, neither of the 2 parties have anyone decent other than Keir Starma and I'm basing that on his previous job rather than his politics.

If anyone in Westminster has any sense at all, they'll let Starmer lead the negotiations regardless of party politics

• Upvote 1

That's undeniable, he did better than even most of the Labour supporters on here could ever imagine.

But he still lost.

Against May. You can't have it both ways. May is rubbish, her campaign was fucking woeful, she couldn't debate, she flip-flopped on policy and there's a distinct lack of quality in the party.

People didnt vote for May, they voted for not Corbyn. Just as they were told to do.

McDonnell rules out Labour wanting to stay in the single market. A big mistake.

Agreed. SNP, Lib Dems and any other party that labour will want to work with support the single market. And it should be clear by now that last year's referendum was not a rejection of the single market.

McDonnell rules out Labour wanting to stay in the single market. A big mistake.

McDonnell and Corbyn are probably relishing the chance to chamge this country for the better without the ties of the neo con brussels grey suits.

And good for them.

Anyone trying to downplay the achievement made by Corbyn should give their head a good wobble.

May went into the election in a stronger position than any leader in history. Corbyn has turned her into a walking corpse.

Analysts predicted Labour would lose Wales for the first time in history, which would have been a disaster. Labour increased its share of the vote by 12% from 2015 and tories were routed.

Labour is now in a position to challenge for seats in Scotland at the next election.

Theresa May thought this election would kill off the Labour party and any opposition to tory brand of far right policies. The opposite is now true.

All the jouros said Corbyn could never appeal to the more affluent constituencies. Labour won in Kensington and Canterbury.

Most importantly. Corbyn's progressive policies finally galvanised the young in our country to finally get out and vote thus insuring no politician can ignore youth concerns and rely on a status quo of established voters. A massive achievement by Corbyn.

• Upvote 6

Look I know you were sore on Friday morning and now you're confused and conflicted that you're party is being propped up by the exact type of people you don't like but I'm not wrong. Neither party won, the clue is in FPTP. Instead of being childish get down to your local Conservative club and register your displeasure at having religious terrorists from the provinces effectively run Parliament.

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. It's the party that suits me, I'm not in a cult. If another party suited me more I'd vote for them.

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. It's the party that suits me, I'm not in a cult. If another party suited me more I'd vote for them.

Haha, Denial is not just a river in Africa

But anyway here's soething that might help...the 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

It's a long road, mate, but keep your chin up and we're all here to help

Haha, Denial is not just a river in Africa

But anyway here's soething that might help...the 5 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

It's a long road, mate, but keep your chin up and we're all here to help

What am I supposed to be in denial about exactly? I'm genuinely confused.

I'm not a member of the party and never have been, I even voted Labour in the Mayoral election.

If the Tories wanted to nationalise the energy suppliers and Labour wanted to keep them in private hands, then would that be enough to sway you Rico? Because I honestly don't know what other things are in it for you. You might pay a bit more tax, as I will, but surely that's worth it for the other stuff.

Labour are now, officialy, the party of real opposition.

It's by no means "a victory" or something to celebrate. But, it's only since Brexit that politics has appeared to become so binary with some, in the sense that it's boiled down to being about being able to brag on social media about we won/you lost.

The bottom line is that Labour followers now feel represented. They see somebody offering something different. And they feel a little bit of hope.

It's undeniable that there's a bit of momentum (with a small m) behind Labour and Corbyn.

I suppose it's only right to thank those who inadvertently helped this resurgence - the infamous "£3 Tories" who joined the party and voted for Corbyn to help obliterate the party etc. Your financial contribution to the resurgence was much appreciated...

• Upvote 1