You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I just wish for once this Owen Jones would acknowledge how hamstrung Corbyn has been by his fellow MPs despite having policies that resonate with the rank and file members and the public in general. It seems to be that somebody has suddenly told him to help bring down Corbyn by constantly criticising him after being pretty open minded to his leadership and policies.

I just wish for once this Owen Jones would acknowledge how hamstrung Corbyn has been by his fellow MPs despite having policies that resonate with the rank and file members and the public in general. It seems to be that somebody has suddenly told him to help bring down Corbyn by constantly criticising him after being pretty open minded to his leadership and policies.

He does admit all that. 

Corbyn is the Kenny Dalglish of politics. I like him, I respect him, I like what he stands for, but the results speak for themselves and I won't think less of him when he's replaced, but replaced he needs to be. 

I was fully behind Corbyn and rejoined the Labour party to vote for him in the first leadership election. I am still a member and voted for him again. Unfortunately I now find myself agreeing with most of what Jones wrote in that article. 

However the issue for me is his last paragraph ;

I understand the dilemma torturing so many who supported Corbyn. Lifelong commitment to a good and noble cause; fear that if Corbyn falls the cause will fall with him; yet fear that his project is failing badly and risks destroying the cause in any case. Not only the future of Labour but the future of this country depends on what the party decides. Either we become a country riddled with hatred and fear, a playground for billionaires, that slashes support for the working poor and disabled people, that runs down and flogs off the services we depend on; or a country run in the interests of the real wealth creators, working people.

Jones describes a country he thinks we may become, unfortunately in no small part thanks to New Labour we are already a country as he describes.

More New Labour policies of we will cut but not as quickly as the Tories ?

We now have this Government mocking Labour that they are spending more on the NHS than Labour pledged, the working wage will be higher in 2020 than Labour pledged.

Let's not forget the wonderful Labour Immigration general election mugs.

The depressing thought for me is if Corbyn steps aside, who could I possibly support in the Labour party who would be allowed on the ballot? 

Depressing reading.

I watched Jonathan Pie on Friday night and he said very similar things. 

He also said something along the lines of "Fuck the fucking tories in their fucking A-holes"

The support act also called me a twink. Make of that what you will.

• Upvote 2

Nice that the source is the PLP chairman and also a Lord. Those figures don't look that bad to me,from 544,000 to 526,000 is not that bad and it doesn't even say why everybody left other than article 50,and I wouldn't believe everything they say either. All I will say is this 'If there is a better leadership candidate who represents ordinary members of the Labour Party,a Social Democrat or left of centre candidate,then put him/her forward and I will seriously consider them.' I bet many of us who voted for Corbyn will say something similar. I only wish these cunts would put as much effort into fighting the tories as they do fighting their own leader.

PS If its Jeremy Corbyn himself who is preventing Alliances with other parties to kick the Tories out then I will almost certainly vote for his rival if they are centre left and will encourage an anti tory alliance.

Can't say much fairer than that.

No mention of how they did it though,PFI,rimming Rupert Murdoch,Bush etc. They're mostly good things listed of course, but the cost,not financial,has left the party in the shitter. Did he mention the wars there?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1