You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A life long pacifist calling for peace or if you want to dress it up like a Tory would, an apologist bending over for Russia. 

I have no idea how a Tory would dress it or why would a Tory bother dressing it since they probably view him with a great deal of nostalgia. None of these old antiimperialists live in a real world. Fortunately, most of them are nowhere near actual decision making.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

I have no idea how a Tory would dress it or why would a Tory bother dressing it since they probably view him with a great deal of nostalgia. None of these old antiimperialists live in a real world. Fortunately, most of them are nowhere near actual decision making.

Christ. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I made my points above that you have ignored. 

I don't think I did, other than the life long peace activist bit. I wasn't commenting in terms of British politics, I commented on the video in a broader context. I think the statement is detrimental to the cause of peace and is in part self-serving, as in, sends the wrong message as a whole. It isn't helping the peace effort. Demands Putin made before the invasion were deliberately formed so as to be unacceptable. He wanted to invade, he doesn't want to talk at the moment, that is the reality of the situation. Therefore, Putin, as the aggressor should be met by a united front. Corbyn refers to himself as a prescient minority voice of dissent or something. Now it's not the time for that.  This only encourages the aggressor.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

I don't think I did, other than the life long peace activist bit. I wasn't commenting in terms of British politics, I commented on the video in a broader context. I think the statement is detrimental to the cause of peace and is in part self-serving, as in, sends the wrong message as a whole. It isn't helping the peace effort. Demands Putin made before the invasion were deliberately formed so as to be unacceptable. He wanted to invade, he doesn't want to talk at the moment, that is the reality of the situation. Therefore, Putin, as the aggressor should be met by a united front. Corbyn refers to himself as a prescient minority voice of dissent or something. Now it's not the time for that.  This only encourages the aggressor.

Corbyn has quite clearly condemned Putin and Russia for this invasion. Now he is calling for peace and diplomacy. You're are dressing it up to suit an agenda and avoiding what he's actually said and is saying. The usual anti-Corbyn bollocks. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Yep, I'm glad I've got him on ignore!

Fucking in hell. Regardless of the extent upon which you agree with him or not, SasaS is, by any metric, one of the most thoughtful posters on this site. The last thing you need is to be expanding your ignorance so gleefully. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Corbyn has quite clearly condemned Putin and Russia for this invasion. Now he is calling for peace and diplomacy. You're are dressing it up to suit an agenda and avoiding what he's actually said and is saying. The usual anti-Corbyn bollocks. 

Then we must agree to disagree.

Talk of peace is great. But fucking useless for the poor bastards fighting to save their country. Putting has just seen how fucking weak all the major nations are politically and NATO has been shown to be worthless in the face if a real threat and not some African Warlord. 

10 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Fucking in hell. Regardless of the extent upon which you agree with him or not, SasaS is, by any metric, one of the most thoughtful posters on this site. The last thing you need is to be expanding your ignorance so gleefully. 

Well, I do tend to ramble on.

Thanks for the endorsement Strontz, I love you too kiss, kiss. A also love Stig so it is sometimes hard when mammy and daddy are fighting.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Talk of peace is great. But fucking useless for the poor bastards fighting to save their country. Putting has just seen how fucking weak all the major nations are politically and NATO has been shown to be worthless in the face if a real threat and not some African Warlord. 

Worthless how? NATO is a mutual defence pact, and Ukraine isn’t part of it. How is it useless? What are you talking about African Warlords for? 

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Good video that. Peace would be great. If he could just tell that to the man in charge of Russia who publicly stated and wrote that Ukraine should not exist then that would be ace.

And if that doesn’t work I suggest a major and I mean major leaflet campaign.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Worthless how? NATO is a mutual defence pact, and Ukraine isn’t part of it. How is it useless? What are you talking about African Warlords for? 

Just got up  I meant the UN not NATO. 

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

Really? Fortunately?

Wouldn't it be better to have the anti-imperialists - rather than the dick-swingers and mass-murderers - in power all over the world?

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nothing he says will ever be right for some people, even when asking for peace. 

Compare the statesmanship in that to the tragic bufoonery of that cunt in no 10.

I wonder why that footage of putin riding around with the queen doesn't get shown nowadays?

6 hours ago, SasaS said:

The problem with Corbyn's video, apart from the empty rhetoric that we must talk and not make war (well, yeah) and the fact that yet again, he avoided the words "Russian aggression on Ukraine", is that he thinks negotiations should go back to what was allegedly promised 30 years ago, so, no NATO in the east, which is what the aggressor wants and which was done without consulting the wishes of people in the Ukraine, many of them not yet born at the time. As if Russia would then leave neutral, demilitarized Ukraine alone, to try to join the EU, or build a proper democracy.

It is yet again this assumption you can find in Chomsky, Pilger etc, and is no being picked up by parts of the right wing, that it is all about the relationship of superpowers, those that were that at the time, ignoring the will, fears, history of the Ukrainians (a type of orientalism in itself or intellectual laziness which would need decolonializing). That Russia has a right to demand what foriegn policy would other countries pursue, what alliance would they join, as a price for peace. Also, many people don't realize how much new, regional powers influence what is going on around them, those on the anti-American left seem for ever stuck in the Cold War divisions and opposition to American imperialism as the only factor.

He literally spent the entire video saying what a cunt putin was and at the very beginning utterly condemned the invasion by showing what they were doing.

5 hours ago, M_B said:

Good video that. Peace would be great. If he could just tell that to the man in charge of Russia who publicly stated and wrote that Ukraine should not exist then that would be ace.

Is this the same man who he has been warning the world about for the last 10 years whilst Blair and Bush welcomed with open arms?

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

Yep thank god we gave a certain boris johnson at the helm