You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I think there's a temptation for Corbyn supporters to fantasise about what Prime Minister Corbyn would have done; realistically, if we want to indulge in the utterly pointless exercise of hypothesising what Corbyn would have done, we should at least temper it with "what would Corbyn have been allowed to do".

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think there's a temptation for Corbyn supporters to fantasise about what Prime Minister Corbyn would have done; realistically, if we want to indulge in the utterly pointless exercise of hypothesising what Corbyn would have done, we should at least temper it with "what would Corbyn have been allowed to do".

A constant excuse from Tories over johnsons disasters was,well imagine corbyn and abbot in charge. 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Typical Guardian journo,

I don't get it, what's one got to do with the other?

Also, where is the movement that supported Corbyn now, and I mean many of those who joined Labour while he was running or after he won the leadership? Have they gone to other parties?

I think the political landscape needs a grssroots, left wing party/movement but I can't believe it was so fragile that Corbyn no longer being labour leader has finished it off. 

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Also, where is the movement that supported Corbyn now, and I mean many of those who joined Labour while he was running or after he won the leadership? Have they gone to other parties?

I think the political landscape needs a grssroots, left wing party/movement but I can't believe it was so fragile that Corbyn no longer being labour leader has finished it off. 

A lot have been booted out, the rest have been sidelined or made to feel unwelcome.

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Grassroots is fine - until that movement got anywhere near power. Then the media hate campaign would begin, and the floating voter wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole. I think alot of Corbyn supporters have realised this and just fucked politics off altogether. Politics in this country is just an illusion of democracy and I can't be arsed with it.

• Upvote 2

"even labour supporters say they can't vote labour with Corbyn as leader" ....to..

"it's a scandal that Boris Johnson ever got to number 10"

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

FJIraZlXIAMDqXh?format=jpg&name=large

Freedland now pretends it a scandal that Johnson got voted into number 10, as he'd slaughtered  Corbyn at every possible opportunity before the last election who did he think would get in? Jo Swinson? Well that made two of them.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"even labour supporters say they can't vote labour with Corbyn as leader" ....to..

"it's a scandal that Boris Johnson ever got to number 10"

I'm sure Section can read. He asked you what those two statements have to do with each other.

The scandal being the smear against Corbyn that helped Johnson into number 10. Clearly. But... you knew that. 

I don't think the so-called smear had anything to do with anything. But we can add "Boris Johnson in Number 10" to the list of things Jews get blamed for.

• Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't think the so-called smear had anything to do with anything. But we can add "Boris Johnson in Number 10" to the list of things Jews get blamed for.

Negged for being a disingenuous prick as usual. Of course it fucking did and dickheads like you lapped it up as gospel. Nobody has blamed jews for anything here. As you well know. 

Negged for being a bullshitting prick as usual. 

Go fuck yourself. Jewish people had every reason to oppose Jeremy Corbyn, his genocidal pals, and his party that illegally discriminated against them. It doesn't mean they bear responsibility for Boris Johnson being Prime Minister.

• Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Go fuck yourself. Jewish people had every reason to oppose Jeremy Corbyn, his genocidal pals, and his party that illegally discriminated against them. It doesn't mean they bear responsibility for Boris Johnson being Prime Minister.

No, you go and fuck yourself. There was plenty of smear against Corbyn. genocidal pals? See what I mean by absolute bullshit? Is he friends with the IDF now is he? Nobody has said that Jews are at fault for Johnson being prime minister as you well know. Disingenuous as per usual. 

You've had Corbyn as your last few avatars you sad little weirdo. 

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm sure Section can read. He asked you what those two statements have to do with each other.

If Freedland believes it's a scandal that Johnson is in number 10 then Freedland must view himself as 'scandalous' as he helped and did everything in his power to put him there.

19 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

If Freedland believes it's a scandal that Johnson is in number 10 then Freedland must view himself as 'scandalous' as he helped and did everything in his power to put him there.

No he didn't. If I say I don't want to eat a bucket of shit for dinner, it doesn't mean I want to eat a bucket of vomit.

36 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Do you seriously believe people blame "the Jews" for the anti-Corbyn smears?

Or are you just being a lying cunt again?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Do you seriously believe people blame "the Jews" for the anti-Corbyn smears?

Or are you just being a lying cunt again?

Jonathan Freedland is Jewish. The latest Jew to be blamed.

Having never lied before, I can't lie again.

Happy to help.

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No he didn't. If I say I don't want to eat a bucket of shit for dinner, it doesn't mean I want to eat a bucket of vomit.

But Freedland knew he was pushing people into eating for four years from "a bucket of vomit" as that was the only other outcome. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But Freedland knew he was pushing people into eating for  four years from "a bucket of vomit" as that was the only other outcome. 

No it wasn't. Stop raising these false dichotomies. Millions of us chose neither vomit nor shit.

21 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Jonathan Freedland is Jewish. The latest Jew to be blamed.

Having never lied before, I can't lie again.

Happy to help.

Disingenuous still. 

And yes. Yes you have so that’s another lie. Liar. 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No it wasn't. Stop raising these false dichotomies. Millions of us chose neither vomit nor shit.

What was the alternative? Haha the libs? His smear helped Boris into number 10. Fact. 

Calling him a cunt for his smear campaign is not blaming “the Jews”. You implying that shows what a truly repulsive arsehole you are. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

But only one of either could have possibly reached number 10, and by pushing against one the only possibility was to get the other.