You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Isnt there a slight difference between the chief political reporter of a national broadcasting corporation and a random girl who had a selfie took with Corbyn?

Yeah. One"s a cruelly victimised woman and the other is a bastard anti-Semite. Obviously.

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

And therefore comparable to a tweet from a school girl?

Twitter has what, a few billion members.  Not sure what the circulation figures are for the Spectator but I’m sure it’s less than a billion.  Maybe even less than half a billion.  

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Twitter has what, a few billion members.  Not sure what the circulation figures are for the Spectator but I’m sure it’s less than a billion.  Maybe even less than half a billion.  

So your average school girl has a few billion twitter followers?

Sutely if you do an opinion piece in the spectator, your words are out there to be debated and are not comparable to a pic a girl put on Twitter when she was still at school?

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So your average school girl has a few billion twitter followers?

Sutely if you do an opinion piece in the spectator, your words are out there to be debated and are not comparable to a pic a girl put on Twitter when she was still at school?

I don’t think you’re getting this.  She posted it on Twitter. That made it available to everyone with a Twitter account.  

Ive already said she shouldn’t be condemned for what she wrote as a kid. But she was happy with it at the time.  Would you be rushing to her defence if she’d said ‘Pa**’.  I think not.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think you’re getting this.  She posted it on Twitter. That made it available to everyone with a Twitter account.  

Ive already said she shouldn’t be condemned for what she wrote as a kid. But she was happy with it at the time.  Would you be rushing to her defence if she’d said ‘Pa**’.  I think not.  

When you saying 'rushing to the defence 'do you mean asking why historic tweets of a  school girl are being compared to the political opinions of laura kunsberg ,because she took a selfie with Corbyn?

Well yeah I guess so.

Did she say the 'p word?

Or even hint at it?

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

When you saying 'rushing to the defence 'do you mean asking why historic tweets of a  school girl are being compared to the political opinions of laura kunsberg ,because she took a selfie with Corbyn?

Well yeah I guess so.

Did she say the 'p word?

Or even hint at it?

Look, I can’t understand this for you. It’s beyond me.  

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I doubt anyone would rush to her defence if she'd used the Y-word either.

Given that you agree that a schoolkid's tweet shouldn't define the adult, don't you think it's a bit off that someone went to the trouble of searching for something - anything - they thought would cast her in a bad light?

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Trawling - that conjures up hours of research, emptying her bins or hacking her email. Rather than just say, typing a word into a search bar.  She posted it on a public platform. She wanted it to be seen.  

FWIW, I've never bothered finding a Twitter search function that lets you search one person's account for a specific word, because... well, why would I?

25 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It doesn't actually work though, does it?

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I always marvel at Stronts's search skills. It would be impressive, if it weren't the hallmark of a troubled mind.

It’s hard not to get distracted. I was looking for something earlier and ended up repping posts in an old LFD flounce thread. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s a good job I’m an honest actor. This could have been pounced on. 

I'm confused. What is there to pounce on?

I used a word that seemed appropriate for the act of searching through about 8 years of someone's tweets to try to find something that could be portrayed as in some way incriminating. "Trawl" seemed a suitable word (given that I was unaware of some fancy-arse search function, to make the process a bit less "trawly".) I'm still not sure I understand why the word triggers you.

"trawl synonyms with definition | Macmillan Thesaurus" https://www.macmillanthesaurus.com/trawl

35 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm confused. What is there to pounce on?

I used a word that seemed appropriate for the act of searching through about 8 years of someone's tweets to try to find something that could be portrayed as in some way incriminating. "Trawl" seemed a suitable word (given that I was unaware of some fancy-arse search function, to make the process a bit less "trawly".) I'm still not sure I understand why the word triggers you.

"trawl synonyms with definition | Macmillan Thesaurus" https://www.macmillanthesaurus.com/trawl

You are better than this mate