You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How did you come across it? If you didn’t find it ow have you ‘found’ it? Just be hie st for once. You saw she has #freepalestine in her bio so you decided to search for something you could pretend incriminates her as an anti-Semite. 

Good grief. The tweet was posted here in this thread. I clicked on the quote tweets. The end. Hardly employing a private detective is it?

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

So, it's a screenshot of a tweet that has been deleted, to an account that no longer exists...

I'd probably be wondering why she deleted the tweet. Presume the account she tweeted to is the old account of her friend who has a similar name.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Good grief. The tweet was posted here in this thread. I clicked on the quote tweets. The end. Hardly employing a private detective is it?

I'd probably be wondering why she deleted the tweet. Presume the account she tweeted to is the old account of her friend who has a similar name.

I saw it too. It could be a possibility that the screenshot you found in that thread may not be authentic. It may be. I don’t know. Do you?

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

I saw it too. It could be a possibility that the screenshot you found in that thread may not be authentic. It may be. I don’t know. Do you?

I think if someone was going to concoct a screenshot (and I don't really like the implications of that suggestion) they'd make it substantially more damning than that.

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

She made an off colour joke when she was young, it certainly shouldn’t define her. But she felt able to make it, if she’d said the ‘n’ word I doubt any shining knights would be around to help her.  someone should write a book about it.  

Let's face it, if she had posted anything that could be interpreted as anti-black racism (I won't go as far as using the N word, because I don't think that any racism in her tweet is equivalent strength) when she was a schoolkid, nobody would have gone trawling her account for it and Stronts wouldn't be posting it here, because it wouldn't fit the narrative.

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Trawling - that conjures up hours of research, emptying her bins or hacking her email. Rather than just say, typing a word into a search bar.  She posted it on a public platform. She wanted it to be seen.  

She posted it when she was a child.

Irrespective of whatever images the word trawling conjures up for you, typing the word "Jew" into a search bar to try to find something - anything - to paint someone as anti-Semitic, in an obvious attempt to smear them, is really not decent behaviour.

Female journalists who don't fall in line, perhaps, or maybe... er, male journalists who don't fall in line.

On 11/12/2019 at 18:03, Nelly-Torres said:

No tweets from Kuenssburg for the past 3 hours. 

On 14/01/2021 at 18:42, Nelly-Torres said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but he's done a deep delete of loads of tweets from last year

But please, tell me more about how wrong it is to examine things people have written on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Isnt there a slight difference between the chief political reporter of a national broadcasting corporation and a random girl who had a selfie took with Corbyn?

I suppose that would depend on whether you were being honest or if you were just desperately trying to push/defend a long standing political position on an internet forum.

Corbyn is unelectable.  But then so, almost certainly, is Starmer.  What Labour need is a strident, clever, articulate voice who is prepared to campaign in soundbites and take on - and beat - the fat corrupt swine in charge of the country on his terms.  

Call these cunts out for what they are.  In and out of parliament.  Every day.  Using every channel available.  

• Upvote 5

Just now, Arniepie said:

Isnt there a slight difference between the chief political reporter of a national broadcasting corporation and a random girl who had a selfie took with Corbyn?

There's also a huge difference between somebody (whoever did that) searching through someone's past posts from years ago to desperately try and find something incriminating and, on the other hand, somebody posting a contemporary account of somebody's Twitter activity which they didn't get from searching through that person's Tweets from ages ago, but instead likely learned about by reading it on one or two of the few political twitter accounts (Owen Jones, Ash Sarkar, the Agitator etc) that they sometimes have the odd look at. 

But, Strontsy knows that. With his desperate false equivalence. And his trawling through my posts. Haha. Sad cunt. 

FB_IMG_1618493988178.jpg