You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This isn't only King David though. It's jewish schools across the country since islamic state jumped on the back of the Gaza unrest and called for muslims worldwide to commit atrocities. 

Ive been dealing with the fallout from this down here over the past few days and swimming against the tide.

Expect some stories from London about suspensions, strikes and stupid stuff.

We’ve had death threats, claims and counter claims and people in hiding, I’m sure it’ll make the Sunday’s.

Excellent. 

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Ive been dealing with the fallout from this down here over the past few days and swimming against the tide.

Expect some stories from London about suspensions, strikes and stupid stuff.

We’ve had death threats, claims and counter claims and people in hiding, I’m sure it’ll make the Sunday’s.

Excellent. 

Yeah shocking but predictable. Evil twats 

Although from a media perspective some things are sometimes best kept under wraps a bit 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah shocking but predictable. Evil twats 

Although from a media perspective some things are sometimes best kept under wraps a bit 

I think the mood amongst young people is changing, more so when me and thee were young and optimistic and carrying Palestine flags.

They’re fucking angry and informed about this in a direct way that we could only ever be indirect about.

But, their anger is being coopted and misdirected and the objectives have changed, or maybe the other way, but one is leading the other somewhere and as nice as it is it’s rudderless and vindictive by a vocal minority.

Im sure there’ll be something in the papers over the weekend. I’ll link to if i see it.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think the mood amongst young people is changing, more so when me and thee were young and optimistic and carrying Palestine flags.

They’re fucking angry and informed about this in a direct way that we could only ever be indirect about.

But, their anger is being coopted and misdirected and the objectives have changed, or maybe the other way, but one is leading the other somewhere and as nice as it is it’s rudderless and vindictive by a vocal minority.

Im sure there’ll be something in the papers over the weekend. I’ll link to if i see it.

I think it stems from them being smart enough to get properly informed but getting angry at the direct information (news, tv, radio) being doctored or biased. “Hang on why is my own media saying that when actually that’s happening” as a young person coming into adulthood already knowing that no wonder there is so much anger. 

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Any reason that twat from the Echo has dragged Corbyn into it ?

Yeah have a look at his timeline. Doesn’t take a genius to work out why he’s attacking these two. Another gobshite who doesn’t like the hard truth. 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How do you know she hasn't? How do you know she hasn't been on-site at any point over the last few days? Or made calls offering help where needed? 

What have you got against her anyway SD? 

Did she retweet a few things that don't suit you? 

Transparent as fuck. 

This is kind of the point, isn't it? Tweeting about stuff thousands of miles away, but she can't express some public support of a school in her actual constituency which has to call in extra security just to protect its pupils from nutters?

It just reinforces the idea that Labour MPs are more concerned about things that happen in other countries than they are in what happens on their own doorstep. She's the MP for Liverpool Wavertree, not Rafah West.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think it stems from them being smart enough to get properly informed but getting angry at the direct information (news, tv, radio) being doctored or biased. “Hang on why is my own media saying that when actually that’s happening” as a young person coming into adulthood already knowing that no wonder there is so much anger. 

I think you’re partially right, but not all of them are smart enough, but they are engaged, they just don’t have the full ability to read between the lines and that is being exploited on both sides.

The big problem come from those that are most vocal, but don’t know why the arguments they make are houses built on sand and will double down and quote some shite they saw on Instagram as fact.

Its frustrating as they’re on the right side of history, but are doubling down against people who are allies, because of minor ideological fault lines and not focusing on the actual problem.

Perhaps it was ever thus.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is kind of the point, isn't it? Tweeting about stuff thousands of miles away, but she can't express some public support of a school in her actual constituency which has to call in extra security just to protect its pupils from nutters?

It just reinforces the idea that Labour MPs are more concerned about things that happen in other countries than they are in what happens on their own doorstep. She's the MP for Liverpool Wavertree, not Rafah West.

So hang on actually going and doing something in her constituency physically instead of tweeting about it is worse than just tweeting about it because she tweeted support for kids being killed over 2000 miles away???  

Idiot. It took me half a minute to see why you’ve got a bee in your bonnet about her. Like I said, so transparent. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Aye , fancy bothering about 250 people being killed , the bitch.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think you’re partially right, but not all of them are smart enough, but they are engaged, they just don’t have the full ability to read between the lines and that is being exploited on both sides.

The big problem come from those that are most vocal, but don’t know why the arguments they make are houses built on sand and will double down and quote some shite they saw on Instagram as fact.

Its frustrating as they’re on the right side of history, but are doubling down against people who are allies, because of minor ideological fault lines and not focusing on the actual problem.

Perhaps it was ever thus.

What do you mean doubling down against people who are allies ? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So hang on actually going and doing something in her constituency physically instead of tweeting about it is worse than just tweeting about it because she tweeted support for kids being killed over 2000 miles away???  

Idiot. It took me half a minute to see why you’ve got a bee in your bonnet about her. Like I said, so transparent. 

What's she done for the school? Nothing. Not one thing. A complete concoction.

I already know she's a foreign policy cretin who doesn't give a shit about dead foreigners unless there's a small chance they were killed by a Jew.

• Downvote 2

What do you mean doubling down against people who are allies ? 

So, a lot of the problems down here are that kids here are ‘protesting’ against schools, with the knowledge the the bellend in Pimlico had to resign, so they’re pushing boundaries to see how far they can go. It’s amazing to see them engaged and I/we’ll fully support them, but there’s also a lot of misinformation around it which is creating an ‘edge’ to things.

There is a genuine push for protests/support/education about Palestine though, which is great, but again has to be qualified with where are they getting their information.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

What's she done for the school? Nothing. Not one thing. A complete concoction.

I already know she's a foreign policy cretin who doesn't give a shit about dead foreigners unless there's a small chance they were killed by a Jew.

How do you know this? What if I were to tell you I know one of the subject heads at that school because his wife goes running with my missus? 

Also no you don’t know she’s a foreign policy cretin at all and again you are making slanderous statements because she recently tweeted a few things that you don’t like the wider public to be aware of. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So, a lot of the problems down here are with kids here are ‘protesting’ against schools, with the knowledge the the bellend in Pimlico had to resign, so they’re pushing boundaries to see how far they can go.

There is a genuine push for protests/support/education about Palestine though, which is great, but again has to be qualified with where are they getting their information.

Aah ok. 

But again where do you suggest they get their information from? Mass media? 

Aah ok. 

But again where do you suggest they get their information from? Mass media? 

They’re getting it through SM and it’s massively distorted and misleading, though there is a lot of value in access.

Its on the schools to give the information, as they usually will and are incredible at in the main despite the government best efforts, but in this instance we’ve bypassed the schools and somehow managed to position them as the enemy of protest, when they are anything but in reality.

Several schools have already signed up to Palestinian aide relief and how they can be of use and give young people a voice, but the narrative will be misdirected quite deliberately, either through effort or accident.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They’re getting it through SM and it’s massively distorted and misleading, though there is a lot of value in access.

Its on the schools to give the information, as they usually will and are incredible at in the main despite the government best efforts, but in this instance we’ve bypassed the schools and somehow managed o position them as the enemy of protest, where they are anything but in reality.

Several schools have already signed up to Palestinian aide relief and how they can be of use and give young people a voice, but the narrative will be misdirected quite deliberately, either through effort or accident.

The school curriculum in this country has been massively misdirected for as long as it’s been an entity. People need facts. People need to deal in facts. People need to stop lying. People need to stop letting themselves be lied too. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

The school curriculum in this country has been massively misdirected for as long as it’s been an entity. People need facts. People need to deal in facts. People need to stop lying. People need to stop letting themselves be lied too. 

On the subject of schools... 

Wow. Just, wow. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/_Rees___/status/1395433790135230467