Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 1046 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

212 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?



Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Christ man, give up.  You are plain hopeless at this.  

Rico you were just a tool to post a video, dont take things so seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Rico you were just a tool to post a video, dont take things so seriously.

Dig up man.  This is embarrassing for you.   Maybe post that gif in a thread on the MF, three times lucky?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Dig up man.  This is embarrassing for you.   Maybe post that gif in a thread on the MF, three times lucky?  

Ee ok I dig up man. I thought the vid was funny. Here you go 3 time lucky. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ee ok I dig up man. I thought the vid was funny. Here you go 3 time lucky. 

 

 

I stick up for you but you do make it difficult ( I was going to say you make it hard for me but you would have got all silly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mudface said:

So Corbyn had showed a massive improvement and was shouldered aside by that Tory lawyer fuck. If it'd stayed on the same trajectory, he would have been polling better than Starmer by now.

 

Edit: Just noticed, who's this Davey fella?

Davey fella?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

 

That’s interesting because it looks at trends. The main things to take are that the country is starting to get wise to Boris Johnson. Going from extremely positive to into the negative is a good sign. Starmer keeping pretty flat over time as the only leader in the positive is decent at the moment, not ideal but to remain positive while the report about Labour and the suspension of Corbyn have happened show he’s got a solid base to build from. It’s good to have a leader polling above the party. I mean, he’s 50 odd points ahead of where Corbyn was, which is wild. The negative impact Corbyn had on the Labour Party at the last election in terms of electability can be understated. It’s going to be an interesting few months. The Corbyn issue needs to be tucked away very quickly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good article by Paul Embery in The Mail....And sad fact is he’s a 100% right 

 

Labour is now a party almost exclusively for the managerial and professional classes, graduates, social activists and urban liberals ... and the price has been paid in millions of lost working-class votes.”

Labour will never win power until it stops hating the working class! Ex-union official PAUL EMBERY accuses the party of despising its natural supporters for their traditional values and opposition to mass immigration 

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8973859/amp/PAUL-EMBERY-Labour-never-win-power-stops-hating-working-class.html?__twitter_impression=true

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "labour abandoned the working class" doesn't hold water IMO, first off, there is no working class, at least in the way that there used to be. No mass unionised blue collar armies, instead there's a disparate array of low paid people, many of whom are struggling or just getting by. 

 

A lot quite like the queen, the military, the yanks, don't really  have much of an opinion on Trident I'd imagine either. 

 

Also, if you're working class and abandoned Labour because they've 'done nothing for you' but then vote Tory, then I'm not sure there's any reasoning with you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What to say about that article... well, it is certainly the correct media outlet for it. I do love chatter about ‘indigenous people’ on a Sunday morning. 
 

Still, facts are facts. 100% right ‘n all. I just find it strange to hear Corbyn’s Labour attacked from the perspective that it was too much of a liberal, cosmopolitan left. Even more interesting that the evidence to back up these facts are to win over the working classes you need to be more Tony Blair and less Jeremy Corbyn. Like, do what? In fact, be more like Boris Johnson, the champion of the working classes.  

 

If anything can be taken from the article it’s that, if you want to win back socially *cough* conservative places who are worried about their culture and the invasion of *cough* non-indigenous people, the way to do it is to placate these mouth breathers on a local level. Because if you start banging the drum needed to win over BNP and UKIP voters on a national scale, you lose almost everyone. 
 

You know, that article seemed more about winning over racists than it did the working classes. What are the working classes these days anyway? There’s very little working class identity like there used to be. That’s because large communities aren’t down the pit or working on production line or factory workers, not like it was. More often it’s a load of disjointed low wage workers that think they’re going to be rich some day. 
 

I think Labour do need to do a better job of representing the working classes, but I don’t think it’s to roll back to social conservatism, to being 1970s Labour. They literally just tried that. I’m not sure Starmer is the answer either, we will have to wait until the manifesto. I think he’s ready to ‘trump’ up patriotism but that’s about it. Labour will need a coalition anyway. Probably with SNP. FFS, what the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The "labour abandoned the working class" doesn't hold water IMO, first off, there is no working class, at least in the way that there used to be. No mass unionised blue collar armies, instead there's a disparate array of low paid people, many of whom are struggling or just getting by. 

 

A lot quite like the queen, the military, the yanks, don't really  have much of an opinion on Trident I'd imagine either. 

 

Also, if you're working class and abandoned Labour because they've 'done nothing for you' but then vote Tory, then I'm not sure there's any reasoning with you.

 

 

 

I think most of these things can be true at the same time. The "traditional" working class was greatly diminished when we stopped making stuff as a country decades ago. That worker then moved to an admin job or carphone warehouse. Or worse, the likes of Amazon. So, for the first time, politicians could actually convince that person about their social class. For a decade or so of the transition (let's say about 1995 - 2005) it didn't matter enough to Labour because the numbers they lost were still small and they were convincing volvo man that Labour could be for them as well. As you say, the lack of any real collectivism meant a lot of people could be easily convinced that the social stuff was more important than the economic and/or simply lied to about economics anyway.

 

By the late 2000s, enough people who certainly would have been considered working class two decades prior, whether they were in the late 2000s or not, had either started voting SNP in Scotland, UKIP in England, a few to the Greens, loads not bothering at all, and sadly a few to Tory. It's why, for me, that period under Blair both had a shelf life and ensured that for the next few decades Labour were fucked. 

 

The gap between the destruction of unions and the prominence of social media has been really dangerous, in my opinion. Decades of collectivism, followed by one or two of soul searching, followed by feeling part of something on social media. Same in the US. And of course, we're very much in a post fact world now. So someone like Boris Johnson can appear like a "lad" and the reality of his character and values just gets lost.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2020 at 16:41, Strontium Dog™ said:

I love how that article repeats Corbyn's claim that he wasn't involved in any wreath-laying, then the pictures show him holding a big fuck-off wreath.

I'd hazard a guess that this meeting of men of peace may result in a few more wreaths being laid in months to come.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55042055

 

 

Edit. Mike Pompeu, Mo bin Salman and Bibi together in a room. Good gawd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘They don’t believe in the prophets and peace be upon them, the believe in profits and how to get a piece of them’. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Isn't peace a good thing? I'm confused. 

Yep it is. Unfortunately for the poor Palestinians, they wont see ay until the israeli war machine has finished bumming their heads in. But you know.... let's not criticise that. Oh and.... Yemen. Again... don't mention facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could all lay a wreath in the shape of a bone saw or something. Call me a i cynic  but with Trump clinging on by his fingernails and the paris environmental agreement plus the Iranian nuclear disarmament accord possibly being re signed you get ths feeling based on the three countries record of dropping bombs and firing rockets around the globe that peace and love wont be top of the list with Yanky Mike, Bibi and Bin Sulaman. 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/19/us-supplied-bomb-that-killed-40-children-school-bus-yemen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And then everyone clapped..."

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/jeremy-corbyn-rihanna-glastonbury-tommy-b1760226.html

 

Quote

Jeremy Corbyn’s son Tommy mocked for Rihanna tweet

 

Former Labour leader’s son claimed his father drew bigger festival crowd than singer

A tweet posted by Jeremy Corbyn’s son, Tommy, has raised eyebrows, after he repeated a claim that his father drew a bigger crowd at Glastonbury than Rihanna.

 

Sharing the former Labour leader’s speech at the 2017 event, he wrote: “One of the proudest moments of my life was watching this speech.
 

Afterwards one of the Glastonbury staff tapped me on the shoulder and said, ‘You know he just got a bigger crowd than Rihanna.’”

 

Given that Rihanna has never actually played the festival, many Twitter users have mocked Corbyn’s son for the boast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2020 at 10:41, Numero said:

What to say about that article... well, it is certainly the correct media outlet for it. I do love chatter about ‘indigenous people’ on a Sunday morning. 
 

Still, facts are facts. 100% right ‘n all. I just find it strange to hear Corbyn’s Labour attacked from the perspective that it was too much of a liberal, cosmopolitan left. Even more interesting that the evidence to back up these facts are to win over the working classes you need to be more Tony Blair and less Jeremy Corbyn. Like, do what? In fact, be more like Boris Johnson, the champion of the working classes.  

 

If anything can be taken from the article it’s that, if you want to win back socially *cough* conservative places who are worried about their culture and the invasion of *cough* non-indigenous people, the way to do it is to placate these mouth breathers on a local level. Because if you start banging the drum needed to win over BNP and UKIP voters on a national scale, you lose almost everyone. 
 

You know, that article seemed more about winning over racists than it did the working classes. What are the working classes these days anyway? There’s very little working class identity like there used to be. That’s because large communities aren’t down the pit or working on production line or factory workers, not like it was. More often it’s a load of disjointed low wage workers that think they’re going to be rich some day. 
 

I think Labour do need to do a better job of representing the working classes, but I don’t think it’s to roll back to social conservatism, to being 1970s Labour. They literally just tried that. I’m not sure Starmer is the answer either, we will have to wait until the manifesto. I think he’s ready to ‘trump’ up patriotism but that’s about it. Labour will need a coalition anyway. Probably with SNP. FFS, what the point. 

Some of the stuff you write is becoming more and more unhinged by the day.  It’s genuinely baffling.  When Corbyn was the leader you used to say you didn’t agree with his policies after he wrote a big fat economically left wing manifesto with the help of the membership of the party but you would still describe yourself as left wing.  Starmer faked that he was going to go along with these policies to get himself elected leader and now suddenly you’re all for those policies whilst now misrepresenting Corbyn completely.  Maybe it’s because like every other centrist (right wing in all but name) cunt you know full well none of them will ever get enacted if Labour by some miracle gets elected in.

 

I find it funny that these same people incessantly went on about how Labour couldn’t propose economically left wing policies because it would make them unelectable.  They would rather give the public a load of Tory economic policies despite the party haemorrhaging votes for years because of them.  Now it’s laid out as a fact that being massively pro immigration is making them unelectable they couldn’t possibly move on that issue.  It doesn’t matter if that puts Boris Johnson in number 10 for another 5 years and murders thousands of people and completely destroys sections of our society.  We need to stick to that specific value.

 

The last paragraph about being socially conservative and that “they literally just tried that” is possibly the funniest thing you’ve ever written.  I can visualise the steam coming out of your ears every time you read an actual left wing opinion and the offence it must cause your conscience.  The party gained votes for its first time in decades due to actual left wing policies and daring to offer even mild one socially conservative policy of not offering a second referendum.  The blatant fact of changing this policy to offering one completely destroying the party in a general election being ignored by you is the classic “centrists” nonsense of the decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Some of the stuff you write is becoming more and more unhinged by the day.  It’s genuinely baffling.  When Corbyn was the leader you used to say you didn’t agree with his policies after he wrote a big fat economically left wing manifesto with the help of the membership of the party but you would still describe yourself as left wing.  Starmer faked that he was going to go along with these policies to get himself elected leader and now suddenly you’re all for those policies whilst now misrepresenting Corbyn completely.  Maybe it’s because like every other centrist (right wing in all but name) cunt you know full well none of them will ever get enacted if Labour by some miracle gets elected in.

 

I find it funny that these same people incessantly went on about how Labour couldn’t propose economically left wing policies because it would make them unelectable.  They would rather give the public a load of Tory economic policies despite the party haemorrhaging votes for years because of them.  Now it’s laid out as a fact that being massively pro immigration is making them unelectable they couldn’t possibly move on that issue.  It doesn’t matter if that puts Boris Johnson in number 10 for another 5 years and murders thousands of people and completely destroys sections of our society.  We need to stick to that specific value.

 

The last paragraph about being socially conservative and that “they literally just tried that” is possibly the funniest thing you’ve ever written.  I can visualise the steam coming out of your ears every time you read an actual left wing opinion and the offence it must cause your conscience.  The party gained votes for its first time in decades due to actual left wing policies and daring to offer even mild one socially conservative policy of not offering a second referendum.  The blatant fact of changing this policy to offering one completely destroying the party in a general election being ignored by you is the classic “centrists” nonsense of the decade.

You've done it now...3. 2. 1....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Some of the stuff you write is becoming more and more unhinged by the day.  It’s genuinely baffling.  When Corbyn was the leader you used to say you didn’t agree with his policies after he wrote a big fat economically left wing manifesto with the help of the membership of the party but you would still describe yourself as left wing.  Starmer faked that he was going to go along with these policies to get himself elected leader and now suddenly you’re all for those policies whilst now misrepresenting Corbyn completely.  Maybe it’s because like every other centrist (right wing in all but name) cunt you know full well none of them will ever get enacted if Labour by some miracle gets elected in.

 

I find it funny that these same people incessantly went on about how Labour couldn’t propose economically left wing policies because it would make them unelectable.  They would rather give the public a load of Tory economic policies despite the party haemorrhaging votes for years because of them.  Now it’s laid out as a fact that being massively pro immigration is making them unelectable they couldn’t possibly move on that issue.  It doesn’t matter if that puts Boris Johnson in number 10 for another 5 years and murders thousands of people and completely destroys sections of our society.  We need to stick to that specific value.

 

The last paragraph about being socially conservative and that “they literally just tried that” is possibly the funniest thing you’ve ever written.  I can visualise the steam coming out of your ears every time you read an actual left wing opinion and the offence it must cause your conscience.  The party gained votes for its first time in decades due to actual left wing policies and daring to offer even mild one socially conservative policy of not offering a second referendum.  The blatant fact of changing this policy to offering one completely destroying the party in a general election being ignored by you is the classic “centrists” nonsense of the decade.

What policies has Starmer faked and changed? 

 

I mean, I've tried looking for policies and apart from an interpretation of party unity, that Corbyn didn't appear to realise existed when appearing on Sky News TV right before his boss was going to respond to the EHRC report, I'm damned if I can find a manifesto where Starmer has put down policies that are at odds to those pledges he stood on in the leadership campaign. Can you clarify these please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×