You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm not suggesting they should get in line. Just not spend the next year, two years, four years, whatever, in utter futility. What is going to be achieved? And do you really want those that aren't particularly supportive of Starmer do be as utterly fucking poisonous as those that didn't support Corbyn? What possible, tangible, benefit will there be?

In two or so years we will see where we are. Sadly it looks lost and the white flag will have to be raised.

As for the here and now I can fully understand life long labour members venting fury over the past few weeks events. Seems Labours direction is being driven by people like Hodge, Riley, Lipman, Phillips, Mann etc some of whom admitted to voting Tory and some of the others belong in Rampton.

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

'I suspect'. I mean, I'm not a maths genius Scooby, but... 

I only highlighted that part, because you accused me on being dishonest, which I suspect is a convenient get out to then tell me what I think. 

16 minutes ago, Numero said:

I don't believe I know what everyone thinks, stop making things up. I know what people have typed and I judge them on that. It's about Corbyn and I suspect you know it but you're just not honest enough to admit it. It's not about the left or left wing policies. It's about your team. Your tribe. Your man. You're a fucking supporter. There's a reason you're not picking people up on their hatred of left wing policies, it's because there isn't any on here. It's about Corbyn. You spout the shit you're drip fed by Twitter. It's fucking cringeworthy. 

The rest of the post shows me that you believe you know what everyone else is thinking, due to the fact you tell me what it is and isn't about, despite the fact I have said it isn't about that. Yeah, but I am being dishonest, apparently. 

For the record, whilst I have a twitter account (being honest enough to admit it), I don't use or understand it.

46 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You ignore the large amount of people who supported Corbyn in both elections and will support Starmer in the next.

There we’re some cunts, but to paint anyone right of Ghandi a conspirator only inflates the problem.

A very large amount of people are sick and tired of cunts putting their over inflated sense of importance and entitlement over at the expense of progress.

It’s far from the black and white/them Vs us situation people are painting and the people who aren’t at the fringes throwing shit at each other are thoroughly pissed off.

I'm not sure you've read his post right there.

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I only highlighted that part, because you accused me on being dishonest, which I suspect is a convenient get out to then tell me what I think. 

The rest of the post shows me that you believe you know what everyone else is thinking, due to the fact you tell me what it is and isn't about, despite the fact I have said it isn't about that. Yeah, but I am being dishonest, apparently. 

For the record, whilst I have a twitter account (being honest enough to admit it), I don't use or understand it.

I don't think I know what everyone is thinking, obviously. I, just as anyone can, suspect and make judgements on how they act and the beliefs behind them. This isn't new, Scooby. I don't know what a United fan is thinking, but if he spews enough hatred about Klopp, I might believe he hates Liverpool. If your 'get out' is to accuse me of knowing what he thinks, that's cool. You do you. The only difference is that he'd be honest enough to admit it. 

I'll ask you one last time, it's about Corbyn and the perceived injustice isn't it? It's not about policies, it's not about manifestos or political belief differences, it's about Corbyn and his treatment. Isn't it? 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Unity.

I know you jest but to give Starmer credit hes undoubtedly unified the party in one part of Nth London. They voted and the result was 80 - 0. 

You cant get more unified than the below so it's a well done Kier from me,

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I know you jest but to give Starmer credit hes undoubtedly unified the party in one part of Nth London. They voted and the result was 80 - 0. 

You cant get more unified than the below so it's a well done Kier from me,

Can you imagine if Corbyn stands again at the next election (personally I hope he fucks it all off, he'll be 75 after all)?

The poor cunt from Labour that has to stand against him...

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Can you imagine if Corbyn stands again at the next election (personally I hope he fucks it all off, he'll be 75 after all)?

Genuine question, do you think he’d win a by-election/GE seat as an Indy/other?

Im not sure.

I think party would trump person in the vast majority of cases, but this one, I’m not sure.

If he does it’s a Tory/Dem seat anyway as the vote will be split enough to let them in.

41 minutes ago, Numero said:

I don't think I know what everyone is thinking, obviously. I, just as anyone can, suspect and make judgements on how they act and the beliefs behind them. This isn't new, Scooby. I don't know what a United fan is thinking, but if he spews enough hatred about Klopp, I might believe he hates Liverpool. If your 'get out' is to accuse me of knowing what he thinks, that's cool. You do you. The only difference is that he'd be honest enough to admit it. 

I'll ask you one last time, it's about Corbyn and the perceived injustice isn't it? It's not about policies, it's not about manifestos or political belief differences, it's about Corbyn and his treatment. Isn't it? 

Nothing happens in a vacuum, as I said it is about attacks on the left (I use the word as I can't think of a better term) of the broad church. Corbyn and his treatment is a symptom and he is a figurehead, due to the last five years, but it is not about him in the way you are implying. 

Members have been suspended for various reasons but their suspensions are not all over the news and discussed on political programs or in a Corbyn tread, if they were I would be giving my opinion on them. Corbyn is being discussed, attacked/defended due to his profile but that is not the issue for me. 

Again, people have called for Corbyn to just step down and leave the party, why haven't they called for other Labour members to walk away from the party ? "I suspect" it is because their names are not all over the news agenda. 

As, I believe you have said yourself, policies are not there at the moment due to timescale, so it would be difficult to comment. Manifestos, more so.

The paying of the whistle blowers, despite rumours of the case being in Labours favour (I only say rumours, due to the fact no one can know either way as the legal advice was never released), was a sign, for me of the direction he was going to take in relation to the Anti-Semitism situation, which was, he was going to back down to appease. The problem is if you back down to bullies they don't go away, this current situation is a continuation of this. Again this appeasement is not solely about Corbyn, other members have had their names attacked, the JC has had to apologise but they are still suspended. 

As I posted a few weeks back, which you somehow read as being biased, I asked what would happen if Corbyn was either reinstated or expelled, either way it would not go well. 

Corbyn was reinstated into the party, this was obviously going to upset certain people with the media being front and centre, so Starmer has again tried to appease them by removing the whip. No doubt this time, the bullies will all go away. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Numero said:

Again accuse me of being dishonest, so you know what I believe only I am lying about it. 

Brilliant

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Genuine question, do you think he’d win a by-election/GE seat as an Indy/other?

Im not sure.

I think party would trump person in the vast majority of cases, but this one, I’m not sure.

If he does it’s a Tory/Dem seat anyway as the vote will be split enough to let them in.

I think he'd win the seat as an independent. He got something like 65% of all votes cast. He'd lose a bit of that but probably still get 50-55% of the vote, and with it a commanding majority. Greens get almost as many votes as Tories there, and I think a lot of them would switch to Corbyn if he was free from the Labour Party.

22 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think that's the reason they wont kick him out and are taking the cowards route. Imagine a by election? National tv and Corbyn doing rallies as an independent? Fuvking hell itd be a blood bath.

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

Yeah, I think he wins his seat as an independent out of loyalty. No idea why he'd want to stand as an independent at the age of 75 though. 

If they kick him out or he resigns would it be next year? I agree with you Corbyn would win that. 

22 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think he'd win the seat as an independent. He got something like 65% of all votes cast. He'd lose a bit of that but probably still get 50-55% of the vote, and with it a commanding majority. Greens get almost as many votes as Tories there, and I think a lot of them would switch to Corbyn if he was free from the Labour Party.

It’ll be genuinely interesting if it happens and would give a real insight in to how split we really are.

I personally don’t see it, I see party over individual winning, but that’s nothing more than an educated guess. 

33 minutes ago, Numero said:

Yeah, I think he wins his seat as an independent out of loyalty. No idea why he'd want to stand as an independent at the age of 75 though. 

MPs who lose their seat at an election get a tax free lump sum, in Corbyn's case it would be around £30k.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Remember when Gnasher confidently predicted how the Tories would rip themselves apart and Jeremy would ride in on a white charger to save us all? 

This is in no way amusing to watch by the way.  

The first part was indeed coming true however the thought of a Corbyn led government spooked the lib dems and charlatans in the labour party. The media also went into Goebbels mode when they thought Corbyn had a sniff of sniffing at royalty.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

All these labels piss me off, what the fuck is a 'centrist' anyway? 

"Oooh you're a centrist and an enemy of progress."

Tell you what a centrist is. Someone who doesn't give a toss about politics and certainly can't be arsed arguing about it, cares about their own job, house and family and couldn't give a fuck about Venezuela. I.e, the vast majority of the population.

It doesn't make you a banker, or a fascist, or a cunt. 

Oooh look at me I've got a Palestinian flag on my profile and I play songs about Thatcher on my ukulele, I'm a better human being than you. 

Fuck, right, off.

Negged by accident soz