You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The anti-Palestinian rights lot are going in hard on Corbyn now. They don't appear to be happy with finishing him off politically. They want more. 

Scum. 

Well you know the British establishment and their support for apartheid regimes, they'll never change!

45 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Correct.  

But Corbyn’s statement came after the settlement and apology, effectively saying ‘didn’t count I had my fingers crossed’. It could be construed as him repeating the alleged libel.  So, his confidence in the defence may yet to be tested 

I can’t see how repeating ‘legal advice’ could be construed as libel. 

Unless he lied about the advice and was sued by the lawyers. 

Which I highly doubt. 

Of course they want more. And however much you give them, it will never be enough. If Labour withdraw the whip from Corbyn, they’ll set their sights on someone else, then someone else, and it’ll keep going. It’s like The Echo trying to appease Evertonians, the more they do it the more the Evertonians they’re trying to appease call them the Red Echo.

Edit: This was in answer to Nelly’s post.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I can’t see how repeating ‘legal advice’ could be construed as libel. 

Unless he lied about the advice and was sued by the lawyers. 

Which I highly doubt. 

The apology acknowledged the libel and dealt with it.  His statement stood by it. 

Looks like at least one of them is considering suing him. 

If the advice was in favour of Labour it is a joke of a decision, as it gives the cunts a license to point and say everything in that documentary was true, like the BBC currently being on their horse about how dare people question their integrity. 

Maybe Labour were worried they would win as they may have had to then do something about the leaked report about sabotage at the top of the party in relation to purposely making Corbyn and the party look bad. 

I know if someone had said something shitty about me, I said the were lying cunts (or words to that effect) and they sued me, if correct I would not have apologised and given them money for the benefit of them being able to repeat their shit about me.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd donate to a crowdfund, but I don't think John Ware needs it, after coming into some money recently.

Stronts in like a cat. On a serious note heard that nutty looking woman with the funny glasses (dont know her name and cant be bothered to Google her) running for the lib dems leadership being interviewed and she sounded very impressive. Well in thought so, so que the jokes.

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Stronts in like a cat. On a serious note heard that nutty looking woman with the funny glasses (dont know her name and cant be bothered to Google her) running for the lib dems leadership being interviewed and she sounded very impressive. Well in thought so, so que the jokes.

Then someone asked her to define a woman and it all went to shit. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The apology acknowledged the libel and dealt with it.  His statement stood by it. 

Looks like at least one of them is considering suing him. 

Starmer's shithousery reminds me of Standard Chartered pressuring LFC to throw Suarez under the bus in the craven and incorrect belief that that would somehow make the accusations go away.

People still claim that LFC is a racist club, because we initially stood by an innocent man.  People will continue to call Labour an anti-Semitic party, irrespective of Starmer flinging my subs around like confetti.

The only way to clear your name is to clear your name.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Starmer's shithousery reminds me of Standard Chartered pressuring LFC to throw Suarez under the bus in the craven and incorrect belief that that would somehow make the accusations go away.

People still claim that LFC is a racist club, because we initially stood by an innocent man.  People will continue to call Labour an anti-Semitic party, irrespective of Starmer flinging my subs around like confetti.

Numerous loves the cunt but then cunts love Numerous.

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Exactly , and to be fair I blame Corbyn a fair bit for ' rising above ' some of the clearly libellous comments made against him , which emboldened the attackers rather than helping the party.

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Then someone asked her to define a woman and it all went to shit. 

4 hours ago, Numero said:

I said he doesn’t have a choice if his objective is to win the election. Of course he has a choice. He could make it harder to win an election. I’m given his job is to win an election, I don’t think it’s much of a choice. He inherited this, no matter who is it fault. 

There is a gang of intelligent posters on this forum who view the person who writes the above shit as some kind of political guru.