You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

In hindsight he should have took the 1st one to call him an anti semite to the cleaners.

However he probally never expected it to get so big or the British public to be so gullible.

School boy error right there

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

He probably figured there was a good chance he wouldn't succeed. It would have been a big risk.

It's a bit of a no-win situation. He chose not to fight it, so the lies snowballed. Had he fought it, he would have been too tired up in litigation to concentrate on his job; either way, the people behind the lies win.

23 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm sure the people expressing those opinions believe they have credible grounds to do so.

Stronts, genuine question with no ulterior motive. Do you believe Corbin is anti-Semite? Also is not agreeing with what the state of Israel does a bad thing?

20 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Miliband lost and stepped down. Brown lost and stepped down. Blair won and stepped down. So, I mean, yes, but even after that it got way worse. 

Whatever happened in 2019 Anyone who is saying they were not optimistic in 2017 has a short memory. 

It's been done to death but 2019 was win and lost on brexit.Any Labour leader who was not fully behind it would have lost

41 minutes ago, Strontium said:

No, because that's not how defamation works. There's no law against simply saying something that the target believes isn't true. People are allowed to have honestly held opinions. Which is why you're quite safe calling Boris Johnson a lying, racist, sexist, inept, corrupt callous buffoon, as you did in January, for instance.

37 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

You would have to back those opinions up with something credible though Shirley 

33 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm sure the people expressing those opinions believe they have credible grounds to do so.

It really wouldn't be difficult to find evidence of Johnson's lying, racism, sexism, ineptitude, corruption, callousness and buffoonery. 

You'd think the people who called Corbyn anti-Semitic could have come up with something more substantial than all the tenuous guilt-by-association bullshit; fuck knows, they dug deep enough.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I’d be shocked if the likes of Riley could prove him an anti-Semite 

( she called him that on Peston ) if the rabid right wing press and the Tories pet poodle EHRC couldn’t manage it. 

Firstly @Gnasher shut up he was asking a question. It won't be answered. 

Corbyn isn’t an anti-Semite. He threatened very rich people. He also stood up for oppression. There is no denying that the oppressed have less money then those who oppress. Always been the same. Challenge that and they will attack you with everything. 

I would love a world where every human would see Corbyn as a viable leader. He wants the best for all humans. Unfortunately that’s not allowed because society and human psyche has been built on being as rich as you can. Wobble that …. Nah. It’s not allowed. 

The words you see are Corbyn would allow “them all in” etc. Racism is a huge Tory weapon. 

Make no doubt about it, the few mega rich hold more weight than the many of the rest of us. Imagine thinking any different. 

• Upvote 2

I also don’t think I reality Corbyn would have been a great PM given the mindset of a lot however ….. how many votes did Corbyn get? By my memory it was quite a fucking lot. Because not everyone is a sad pathetic racist little Tory snide cunt. 

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a bit of a no-win situation. He chose not to fight it, so the lies snowballed. Had he fought it, he would have been too tired up in litigation to concentrate on his job; either way, the people behind the lies win.

Personally think had he gone in early he would have won easily and that would have warned others off. I think he made a big mistake. That being said and whilst I thought he was a terrible leader I accept that they would have banged another drum. Maybe that’s why he didn’t bother.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He's still relevant. Only a thick prick wouldn't see that. 

He is. But why? I thought he was boss.
And wanted him to become PM.

But, he’s now a 73 year old backbench MP. Not even that now, he’s an independent MP. The mission was successful. His goals and ideology have pretty much been killed off, for all intents and purposes. That should be enough. Just let the old fella live in peace now that the job is done.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

He is. But why? I thought he was boss.
And wanted him to become PM.

But, he’s now a 73 year old backbench MP. Not even that now, he’s an independent MP. The mission was successful. His goals and ideology have pretty much been killed off, for all intents and purposes. That should be enough. Just let the old fella live in peace now that the job is done.

They keep mentioning him. Them. It's open to interpretation why....