You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The pandemic isn't what is causing people to rely on foodbanks, or any of the other stuff.

I'm aware, but that's not what I said. I said it would be interesting to see then fix the issue during the pandemic. That was, of course, a seriously difficult time for a lot of people. The increate in foodbanks from a few under New Labour to roughly a Brazillian since 2010 is disgusting and the underlying caused need looking at, but had he taken over in 2019, to claim there'd be none is, in my view, fanciful. 

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Personally, I doubt Corbyn could have achieved half of that list, because his own Parliamentary Party would have stopped it. Still, we'd certainly be in a much less shit shape than we are now.

Well, he probably wouldn't have put a fiddler in a position of power, spunked a load of money into his mate's PPE business, and partied until he was sick in a bush in number 10, but I also think there's a bit of a rosy perspective on the utopia it would have been if he'd got in. Not because of the PLP either.

45 minutes ago, A Red said:

To say there would have been no foodbanks is complete and utter bollocks. Once invented, food banks can never be un-invented. The best that could happen is a reduction in demand.

I think the idea is to reduce demand to the point that they close. That can only be done over time, and probably with a significant change in the balance of the economy. I agree that it seems fanciful. Especially given what’s happened since. 

As an aside, one of the most distressing things of late is foodbanks not just being for those who can make ends meet on benefits, as awful and demeaning as that is, but companies starting foodbanks for their own employees. That’s fucking broken. It’s even broken from a conservative perspective, and it’s not indicative of a prosperous economy. Well, not for ordinary people. You can’t dismiss those people as ‘scroungers‘, those are working people, and if working people can’t feed themselves, we are in some trouble.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

He was indeed. Totally ignored.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

^ Sainsburys profits last year = 600 million.

Meanwhile, Jack Monroe has been calling on her Twitter followers to turn a blind eye if they see someone shoplifting baby food, baby formula or nappies; because that's where we live now.

Well, if it wasn't for all those Jews he'd beaten up, I'd agree. That and the tattoo of a swastika is a dead giveaway. 

I mean, it's crazy. I very much think he handled the whole situation poorly from a managerial perspective as LOTO, and I feel the report backed that up, but 'dangerous anti-Semite'. Okay bud. The entire thing has run rampant, and there's barely a middle road to tread where he's concerned. He's either the saviour of all things, or he's the devil. It's a myth. The fuckin' lot of it.

44 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes accepted as fact - to the point where a resigning Minister praises cunt Johnson for "keeping a dangerous anti-Semite" out of Downing Street.

Screenshot_2022-07-07-16-40-39-96_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

They spread the lie so they have to keep that going to preserve toryism. Corbyn isn’t even a Labour MP and he is still getting mentioned at PMQs because they got such a blinding result with that particular scam. The thick gullible cunts will still fall for it again. 

42 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know he espouses the ‘ we go high ‘ process, but letting these gangsters away with shit like this without resorting to the law makes me feel Corbyn is as much to blame as them.

At first I respected his diignified silence, but the worse the smears got, I just wanted him to tell them to "fuck off, I'll see you in court." The fact that he didn't, put me off his leadership. Principled maybe, naive definitely. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know he espouses the ‘ we go high ‘ process, but letting these gangsters away with shit like this without resorting to the law makes me feel Corbyn is as much to blame as them.

It is strange because he immediately resorted to the law with that Twitter mock up of him laying a wreath at the womens hospital attack.

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

At first I respected his diignified silence, but the worse the smears got, I just wanted him to tell them to "fuck off, I'll see you in court." The fact that he didn't, put me off his leadership. Principled maybe, naive definitely. 

Also...

In the televised leaders' debates in 2019 he had plenty of opportunities to cunt Johnson in the bastard over his incessant lying and complete lack of integrity, but he was just too polite.

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It is strange because he immediately resorted to the law with that Twitter mock up of him laying a wreath at the womens hospital attack.

Random dudes on the internet posting memes have shallower pockets than public figures. Easier and cheaper for them to settle.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Random dudes on the internet posting memes have shallower pockets than public figures. Easier and cheaper for them to settle.

I don’t think the finances were an issue to be fair, he was  overwhelmed with money pledges whenever Sue, Grabbit and Run were discussed. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well the only conclusion to be drawn then is that he fears the evidence?

I’d be shocked if the likes of Riley could prove him an anti-Semite 

( she called him that on Peston ) if the rabid right wing press and the Tories pet poodle EHRC couldn’t manage it. 

Just now, sir roger said:

I don’t think the finances were an issue to be fair, he was  overwhelmed with money pledges whenever Sue, Grabbit and Run were discussed. 

So whats the issue then? Evidently he’s not shy of litigation, if money is no object whats stopping him? He yelled copper when confronted with a joke slur but stays silent with the real nasty stuff. Somethings not adding up.