You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Installed a Liverpool NEC council co-ordinator. While members are being thrown out of the party for re--tweeting items mentioning other parties , this lady actually left the party for the Tinge lot. Never mind , she's a mate of Ellman and on the right of the party , so she ticks all of the relevant boxes.

The hard left are revolting:

The Labour Party is dead. Long live the resistance. - The Canary

In Nottingham on 16 and 17 October, Resist held a festival to celebrate unity among the left. Former MP Chris Williamson formed Resist as:

a grassroots movement with nationwide support, which aims to empower communities and workers through democratic, practical and political means.

The festival brought together an impressive range of speakers to talk about their own story of resistance including activists and performers like Lowkey, Alexei Sayle, Jackie Walker, and Dr Bob Gill. Other speakers included historians and journalists such as Ilan Pappé, Abby Martin, and Max Blumenthal, professor Bill Mitchell, and many others.

Having been there and met some of the most amazing and hard-working people I’ve ever met, I’ve come away truly inspired. Namely I’m inspired to work harder to bring down a rotten establishment that seeks to serve the rich and takes great pleasure in exploiting, and leaving for dead, poor and working-class people. An establishment that serves neo-liberalism and attempts to keep us in our place through divide and conquer.

But the weekend of Resist did something else for me. It confirmed something that shouldn’t have needed confirmation: the Labour Party, as a party of working-class people, is dead. In fact, I don’t believe that kind of party ever existed. Now there’s a credible working-class movement emerging. One that could possibly affect the kind of change we need.

Yet last weekend also left me with a question: Could such a grassroots movement, inside the confines of parliament, make a real difference for working-class people? That’s something I can’t answer. Time will tell. But whatever the outcome, this fearless, relentless bunch I met in Nottingham are about to give it a right go. And this group will face down any scandalous lies told about them or witchhunts launched to discredit them. The establishment better watch out!

On 18/10/2021 at 18:51, Bruce Spanner said:

You know that that doesn't justify the other and that's still an awful lot of abuse directed her way, right?

That's still an awful lot of invective thrown at a woman, despite what caricatures have been built and destroyed for doing a job she was elected to do, in the main by people who didn't, or couldn't vote for her.

Doesn't matter what you personaly think of her, that's abuse plain and simple.

Compartmentalisation should be taught in schools.

From a poster who hurls insults like confetti your lack of self awareness is staggering. Keep your two bob moralistic lessons to yourself.

On 26/10/2021 at 13:32, Strontium Dog™ said:

Oh my

FCoBNIGX0AgeoPf?format=jpg&name=900x900

FCoBNIEWYAsfZE9?format=jpg&name=medium

Their hypocrisy and stunning lack of self-awareness aside, Novara should be reinstated, it was one of the best comedy channels on Youtube. 

It's a great Centrist and right-wing hobby to put two dissimilar things together together and pretend there's some sort of hypocrisy going on.

Weirdos.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a great Centrist and right-wing hobby to put two dissimilar things together together and pretend there's some sort of hypocrisy going on.

Weirdos.

How are they dissimilar? In the first he's arguing that tech companies are well within their rights to delete you from social media. In the second he's arguing - totally coincidentally when it's his outlet on the receiving end - that it shouldn't be the whim of tech companies to delete you from social media. 

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are you retarded? Read the reply to it.

Nice. You were one of the warriors demanding an end to online abuse after the Amess murder, wanted Twitter cleaned up even, even with no knowledge of the perpetrator even holding a twitter account.

14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

How are they dissimilar? In the first he's arguing that tech companies are well within their rights to delete you from social media. In the second he's arguing - totally coincidentally when it's his outlet on the receiving end - that it shouldn't be the whim of tech companies to delete you from social media. 

If you sign up to a platform, you do so on condition you stick to their terms & conditions. If (like me and some of the right-wing hate-flingers) you break those Ts & Cs, you get booted. That's the deal you sign up for.

If you get booted when you haven't broken the terms and conditions, then you're entitled to be irked.

See? Dissimilar.

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I thought it was funny. That's my point most of the time.

To be fair you have made me laugh a few times over the years (More so at you but yeah you do have it in you to be quite funny when you're not being a wanker) although on this occasion, it wasn't funny. 

15 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are you retarded? Read the reply to it.

Your lack of self awareness is astounding. 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Nice. You were one of the warriors demanding an end to online abuse after the Amess murder, wanted Twitter cleaned up even, even with no knowledge of the perpetrator even holding a twitter account.

Sssshhh he'll get his lawyer involved. 

nXL0kqX.jpg

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you sign up to a platform, you do so on condition you stick to their terms & conditions. If (like me and some of the right-wing hate-flingers) you break those Ts & Cs, you get booted. That's the deal you sign up for.

If you get booted when you haven't broken the terms and conditions, then you're entitled to be irked.

See? Dissimilar.

There's nothing in either of his tweets about breaking terms and conditions. In his first tweet he's saying companies can deny a platform to whoever they like and that it's not censorship if they remove you. In the second he's saying it shouldn't be up to the whim of companies to remove you. He should make up his mind one way or the other.

• Upvote 2