You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

No whataboutery at all. I only quoted you so you'd see the post - I couldn't care less about Claudia Webbe. Fair enough, you don't have to justify yourself, so thanks for responding. I suppose it's because of the left leaning nature of the site, it seems like you spend a disproportionate amount of time having a go at Labour rather than this shit show of a government. I didn't know about you standing for the Lib Dems either, so not sure about the slight dig there. As I say, I was being genuine. Not that it matters like, I was just interested.

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

No whataboutery at all. I only quoted you so you'd see the post - I couldn't care less about Claudia Webbe. Fair enough, you don't have to justify yourself, so thanks for responding. I suppose it's because of the left leaning nature of the site, it seems like you spend a disproportionate amount of time having a go at Labour rather than this shit show of a government. I didn't know about you standing for the Lib Dems either, so not sure about the slight dig there. As I say, I was being genuine. Not that it matters like, I was just interested.

Apologies, I can get a bit sensitive about certain things, like being accused of having Tory sympathies. Also had to endure numerous snide comments about failure, because I didn't win 11 elections that I wasn't supposed to win.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Apologies, I can get a bit sensitive about certain things, like being accused of having Tory sympathies. Also had to endure numerous snide comments about failure, because I didn't win 11 elections that I wasn't supposed to win.

Nah, I can't be arsed getting into online spats with people I'll never meet. Ultimately, what's the fucking point? It's only words on a page of a football forum. That said, even though I disagree with some of the stuff posted on here, when I reply, I'll always try to be respectful. In fact, I think the snarkiest thing I've done on here is take the piss out of your avatar - saying it was Roy Hodgson, knowing full well it was Keir Starmer. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Nah, I can't be arsed getting into online spats with people I'll never meet. Ultimately, what's the fucking point? It's only words on a page of a football forum. That said, even though I disagree with some of the stuff posted on here, when I reply, I'll always try to be respectful. In fact, I think the snarkiest thing I've done on here is take the piss out of your avatar - saying it was Roy Hodgson, knowing full well it was Keir Starmer. 

You have to wonder who’d make a better Labour leader right now …… 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Would you like some training? 

23 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This seems a lot like whataboutery.

Being how it's the Corbyn thread, I'm hardly likely to attack the Tories in this one. If you're looking for that sort of thing you're best going into eg the EU thread, probably need to go back a bit before Gnasher made it unreadable.

Why bring me into your stupid fucking argument you fuckwit? You do realise this site has an ignore button so you can block a posters posts. 

Anyway on the subject of the EU it was your party that backed Cameron to the hilt knowing him and Osborne were engaged in massive cuts to public services, a Scottish vote on leaving the union, a promise to hold a vote on leaving the EU and a disastrous foreign policy endeavour in Libya.  Your lack of humility and self awareness is outstanding.

To answer Rushies question, the reason you mainly punch left (which you do) is because you're massively to the right on all things bar social issues.

I'm glad my standing for the Lib Dems in public elections on approximately 10 occasions over the past two decades isn't cause for you to doubt my commitment to them.

I'm sorry you've missed all the things I've written about the Conservatives in the past, most especially this comprehensive piece that I wrote back in March, especially as you posted twice on the very same page of that thread:

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Why bring me into your stupid fucking argument you fuckwit? You do realise this site has an ignore button so you can block a posters posts. 

Anyway on the subject of the EU it was your party that backed Cameron to the hilt knowing him and Osborne were engaged in massive cuts to public services, a Scottish vote on leaving the union, a promise to hold a vote on leaving the EU and a disastrous foreign policy endeavour in Libya.  Your lack of humility and self awareness is outstanding.

To answer Rushies question, the reason you mainly punch left (which you do) is because you're massively to the right on all things bar social issues.

Also while I'm at it, 50,000 unnecessary deaths because of Cameron, Osborne and you lib dem bastards, now fuck off,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/14/austerity-in-england-linked-to-more-than-50000-extra-deaths-in-five-years

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Also while I'm at it, 50,000 unnecessary deaths because of Cameron, Osborne and you lib dem bastards, now fuck off,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/14/austerity-in-england-linked-to-more-than-50000-extra-deaths-in-five-years

Really?

Show me them:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrom1990to2020

Sutely its difficult to make a direct link between a policy like austerity and people dying as there are other factors to consider?

So if someone lost their job thanks to cut backs,found themselves unable to cope,its not a direct link,but it's a big factor?

I think it's fair to say austerity hit the poorer sectors of society much harder and have had a catastrophic impact on society in general. 

25 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Sutely its difficult to make a direct link between a policy like austerity and people dying as there are other factors to consider?

Well yes - I mean there was the small matter of a global recession, for instance.

But at the very least, you ought to be able to demonstrate that people actually died.

Labour has investigated the director of one of its affiliated pro-Israel organizations for “threatening to attack” another member of the UK’s main opposition party.

Director of the Jewish Labour Movement Ella Rose had been caught on camera saying her critics should “die in a hole.”

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/jewish-labour-movement-director-investigated-violent-threat