You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It seems a few are trying to out 'righty' each other rather than out lefty each other reading the last few pages.

Nah, it peaked when the general theme was ‘if you don’t like JC just fuck off out of the party’ and people did, evidenced by the lack of votes and the same people are blaming everyone else.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Nah, it peaked when the general theme was ‘if you don’t like JC just fuck off out of the party’ and people did, evidenced by the lack of votes and the same people are blaming everyone else.  

"If you dont like JC"

That's a lie I love Jesus Christ.

I'll get me coat.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Dont worry Numero you're top of the list.

You’ve called me right-wing multiple times. Can you please explain which of my views, my posts, my views on policy, or anything else I’ve said is ‘right wing’? I mean, I really would be interested to learn from you on this, because clearly classical educational methods have failed to teach me the meaning of these terms. Please don’t just hand-wave this away and not respond. I really want to know how I’m right-wing and what makes me right-wing. Please be as specific as possible, because for years I’ve been telling lies about being a lefty. I need to understand why my views and posts are right-wing. 

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Dont worry Numero you're top of the list.

Of course. 

Numero is waaaaaaaaay to the right of an actual Tory voter and a former Lib Dem candidate. 

It's fair to say that he and I don't agree on everything, but putting him top of a list of TLW right-wingers makes as much sense as putting Shaking Stevens in the top 64 male solo artists. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Of course. 

Numero is waaaaaaaaay to the right of an actual Tory voter and a former Lib Dem candidate. 

It's fair to say that he and I don't agree on everything, but putting him top of a list of TLW right-wingers makes as much sense as putting Shaking Stevens in the top 64 male solo artists. 

FFS. You had to go and bring Shaking Stevens into this. Fuck this shit. Dave. DAVE. 

• Upvote 1

On the subject of Corbyn not apologising if you Google it he's apologied numerous times. Obviously the wrong type of apology. What he could do is a sponsored walk around the bbc building (a la Captain Tom) where he totters around the back then comes to the front of the bbc with his apology which gets looked at by the media and usual suspects, apology gets rejected then Corbyn walks gingerly round and comes back with another slightly different apology which also gets rejected and so on. 

It could make as much money for these new Labour causes as Captain Tom made for the NHS. Labour could then spend the money promoting beliefs close to its heart like Arms spending, immunity for war murderers or Mossad.

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Of course. 

Good grief.

13 minutes ago, Numero said:

You’ve called me right-wing multiple times. Can you please explain which of my views, my posts, my views on policy, or anything else I’ve said is ‘right wing’? I mean, I really would be interested to learn from you on this, because clearly classical educational methods have failed to teach me the meaning of these terms. Please don’t just hand-wave this away and not respond. I really want to know how I’m right-wing and what makes me right-wing. Please be as specific as possible, because for years I’ve been telling lies about being a lefty. I need to understand why my views and posts are right-wing. 

It was tongue in cheek Numero. Anyway on to a far more important subject, Shakin Steven's (Shaky to his true fans) had over 30 fantabulous pop hits,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakin'_Stevens

From Tribune :

Last night, the grassroots campaign to reinstate Jeremy Corbyn’s whip reached fever pitch as Constituency Labour Parties (CLPs) across Britain passed motions of support, in many cases in defiance of threats from party officials.

Liverpool Walton, the constituency with the highest Labour vote in the country, was the first to announce its results – an overwhelming majority in favour with only a single vote against. They were swiftly followed by Camberwell and Peckham CLP in London, where the chair and secretary had been subject to warnings by region over debating the motion.

As the night continued, votes rolled in from across the country: Edinburgh Central in Scotland; London constituencies Kingston and Surbiton, Dulwich and West Norwood and Brent Central; Rushcliffe outside Nottingham; Penrith and the Border, Bristol South, Newcastle Central and Bolton North East.

These followed a unanimous vote in Jeremy Corbyn’s home CLP of Islington North on Wednesday night in favour of his full reinstatement to the Parliamentary Labour Party. Another motion that evening had thanked the range of CLPs – from Cardiff North to Hastings, Hull and Carlisle – which had passed Campaign for Labour Party Democracy (CLPD) motions supporting Corbyn in the past ten days.

Another of those to pass a similar motion was Bristol West, where the chair and co-secretary have been suspended by the party for holding the discussion. These attacks by Southside on Labour members and their right to discuss major political developments in their party are likely to continue as a wave of constituencies defy the muzzle to table motions in every part of the country.

In a further warning to Keir Starmer and his leadership team, Richmond Park – which had been the first CLP in the country to nominate Starmer for Labour leader – also passed a motion of support for Corbyn. This demonstrated that it wasn’t just bastions of the Left where the campaign is attracting support; the meeting had one of the highest attendances of any since that leadership vote earlier this year.

Despite all of this, Jeremy Corbyn was informed last night that the suspension of his whip would last for three months – and that the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) would be conducting an investigation into his statement. The terms of such an investigation, when all the evidence is in the public domain and has been discussed at length in both the party’s structures and the national press, remains to be seen.

This move amounts to the latest ad lib approach from the Labour leadership to the Corbyn suspension – which was first leaked to the media before he was informed, then issued without any clear guidance as to what rule he had broken, overturned by a politically-neutral disciplinary panel of the National Executive Committee (NEC) after Starmer allies had fast-tracked the case, only to then be reinstated (in the PLP at least) in a kneejerk fashion by Starmer himself. Now, it is subject to a legal challenge.

If this all sounds like a farcical mess, that’s because it is – but Keir Starmer remains determined to dig in. And while he does, motions will continue in CLPs across the country, with every likelihood that there will be further suspensions as Starmer and his team launch a war on the membership that elected him only months ago – and which they will soon ask to help the party elect candidates in May’s local elections. Already, Unite, the CWU and the FBU are considering whether to withhold funding support for those contests.

This situation is the inevitable consequence of a Labour leadership which has, from its beginnings in April, seemed more enthusiastic about attacking the Left than holding a catastrophically negligent Tory government to account. This might attract supportive coverage in the right-wing press – undoubtedly the point of the exercise – but it is increasingly clear that from this point onwards it will also mean an escalating civil war in the party, a demoralisation of its base and a fraying of its ties to the trade union movement.

With the saga set to rumble on for a further twelve weeks, the question will surely be asked even by more middle-of-the-road sections of the Labour Party – is it worth it, Keir?

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2020/11/labours-members-are-in-revolt-against-keir-starmer

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

No I'm not arguing with you. You called it a blog post, I had a dig back, now I'm off. Argue with someone else instead.

I called it a blog post because it’s on their blog. Of course you’re not willing to back up what you said, because you can’t. It’s disgusting. This is the problem with you lot, you see being accurate as an insult that you have to have a dig over. My unwillingness to bend reality to fit your narrative is actually offensive to you. It’s fucking bizarre. 

Anyway. Here’s the blog for that site. Imagine calling the first blog post on the blog a ‘blog post’. What a right wing thing to do. 

https://tribunemag.co.uk/blog

Edit: By the way, the reasonable, mature, honest thing to do now is say ‘oh, I didn’t realise it was on the blog. Sorry’. I look forward to ‘I’m not part of the problem’, and ‘go pick on someone else’. 

21 minutes ago, Numero said:

But you’ve said it multiple times, and you’ve never pointed to anything I’ve done or said that’s right-wing. As a Jovah’s Witness, you shouldn’t be doing things like that. 

Ok soz. Have a good ol Shaky tune courtesy of Cloggy to cheer you up

• Upvote 1