You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Said it a few weeks ago, people on the left that don't have much time for Starmer and/or liked Corbyn need to make their peace now. It's gone, it's not coming back. The brief period of "control" for the left of the party has gone, and it won't be returning any time soon. Starmer doesn't give a fuck about you. Either lump it and vote for them or don't. Spending your time on this shit is futile.

I see it on Facebook, friends that spend every minute jumping on Starmer. I don't even care if they're right or wrong, I don't read what they're posting any more, but it's definitely futile. It isn't going to change anything. And, I do mean that, I don't buy the bullshit about "you should be attacking the Tories, etc". Regardless of its embarrassing hypocrisy (as that wing of the party did absolutely everything they could to ensure Labour couldn't win), it's simply an irrelevance. 47 year old accountant Judith from Midlands marginal isn't even aware of the existence of Squawkbox or Canary. 

You ignore the large amount of people who supported Corbyn in both elections and will support Starmer in the next.

There we’re some cunts, but to paint anyone right of Ghandi a conspirator only inflates the problem.

A very large amount of people are sick and tired of cunts putting their over inflated sense of importance and entitlement over at the expense of progress.

It’s far from the black and white/them Vs us situation people are painting and the people who aren’t at the fringes throwing shit at each other are thoroughly pissed off.

• Upvote 1

Going to need an "Arguing over ex Labour Leaders" forum soon.  Regardless of anyone's feelings towards Corbyn it really is time to move on.  Constantly looking back and comparing everything that is done now to then is insanity and in no way breeds a competitive opposition. 

With Politicians everyone knows it isn't what difference they've made to their community or what they do for individuals; it's how they're presented to the Public and their perceived personality that "counts."  Maybe that's what the country should be arguining about.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

You ignore the large amount of people who supported Corbyn in both elections and will support Starmer election in the next.

There we’re some cunts, but to paint anyone right of Ghandi a conspirator only inflates the problem.

It’s far from the black and white/them Vs us situation people are painting.

No, I'm not ignoring them. No, I haven't painted anyone right of Ghandi a conspirator. And, thanks, I'm aware it isn't a black and white situation.

A very large amount of people a sick and tired of cunts putting their over inflated sense of importance and entitlement over at the expense of progress.

Which people? Which people are doing what you doing what you suggest, and which are sick of it?

Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

If only the left of the party would stop defending themselves from these attacks we could all unite and move on.

Ah, the left. Who is attacking the left? Not Corbyn, the left. I know you probably see those two as the same thing but I can't state dramatically enough that they aren't. 

15 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Said it a few weeks ago, people on the left that don't have much time for Starmer and/or liked Corbyn need to make their peace now. It's gone, it's not coming back. The brief period of "control" for the left of the party has gone, and it won't be returning any time soon. Starmer doesn't give a fuck about you. Either lump it and vote for them or don't. Spending your time on this shit is futile.

I see it on Facebook, friends that spend every minute jumping on Starmer. I don't even care if they're right or wrong, I don't read what they're posting any more, but it's definitely futile. It isn't going to change anything. And, I do mean that, I don't buy the bullshit about "you should be attacking the Tories, etc". Regardless of its embarrassing hypocrisy (as that wing of the party did absolutely everything they could to ensure Labour couldn't win), it's simply an irrelevance. 47 year old accountant Judith from Midlands marginal isn't even aware of the existence of Squawkbox or Canary. 

Well in fairness to them it's less than 48 hours since the now leader of the party removed the whip from the then leader of the party. Many of these people have been members of the labour party for years so how long should it have been for them to stop exercising their veiws and get in line?

Just now, Numero said:

That's fine, but I'd like you to say why I'm being stupid and show how it's stupid. That would demonstrate critical thought. All you're doing now is 'saying' something. 

No.

I don't have to prove to you that I can think critically just because you're gaslighting because I don't support Sir Trilateral. Fuck Starmer. You're doing the same bullshit as before where I didn't even understand what the word research meant apparently. Fuck that and fuck this.

4 minutes ago, Numero said:

Ah, the left. Who is attacking the left? Not Corbyn, the left. I know you probably see those two as the same thing but I can't state dramatically enough that they aren't. 

I don't see these two as the same thing, but I know you believe you know what everyone thinks on every subject but I can't state dramatically enough you don't.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

No.

I don't have to prove to you that I can think critically just because you're gaslighting because I don't support Sir Trilateral. Fuck Starmer. You're doing the same bullshit as before where I didn't even understand what the word research meant apparently. Fuck that and fuck this.

And, indeed, fuck you. You call me stupid, I ask you to show how, then you say no. You fucking cunt. 

9 minutes ago, elBooth said:

Going to need an "Arguing over ex Labour Leaders" forum soon.  Regardless of anyone's feelings towards Corbyn it really is time to move on.

A load of centrists/right wingers didn't get the memo, that's why Corbyn hasn't been admitted back into the party properly and why it's still going to drag on.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

No, I'm not ignoring them (1)No, I haven't painted anyone right of Ghandi a conspirator (2) And, thanks, I'm aware it isn't a black and white situation.

Which people? Which people are doing what you doing what you suggest, and which are sick of it? (3) 

1) Buy treating them as an homogeneous lump you are.

2) ‘Regardless of its embarrassing hypocrisy (as that wing of the party did absolutely everything they could to ensure Labour couldn't win)’ 

3) I don’t know but there are 550,00 members and they sure as shit aren’t representative of the binary discourse we’ve been fed through Twitter and it’s ilk.

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I don't, but I know you believe you know what everyone thinks on every subject but I can't state dramatically enough you don't.

I don't believe I know what everyone thinks, stop making things up. I know what people have typed and I judge them on that. It's about Corbyn and I suspect you know it but you're just not honest enough to admit it. It's not about the left or left wing policies. It's about your team. Your tribe. Your man. You're a fucking supporter. There's a reason you're not picking people up on their hatred of left wing policies, it's because there isn't any on here. It's about Corbyn. You spout the shit you're drip fed by Twitter. It's fucking cringeworthy. 

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Well in fairness to them it's less than 48 hours since the now leader of the party removed the whip from the then leader of the party. Many of these people have been members of the labour party for years so how long should it have been for them to stop exercising their veiws and get in line?

I'm not suggesting they should get in line. Just not spend the next year, two years, four years, whatever, in utter futility. What is going to be achieved? And do you really want those that aren't particularly supportive of Starmer do be as utterly fucking poisonous as those that didn't support Corbyn? What possible, tangible, benefit will there be?

38 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

More people have joined than left, but don’t let that get in the way of a good ol’ echo chamber ‘truth’.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/keir-starmer-labour-membership-88370

Suppose they’re all ‘centrist’ scum chasing the capitalist shrill dollar though, right? 

Your good ol echo chamber of truth is from months ago. Try the up to date version Skippy.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18871910.labour-nec-vote-reveals-drop-party-membership-since-keir-starmers-election/

50.000 down and will probably plummet again after this shit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

1) Buy treating them as an homogeneous lump you are.

2) ‘Regardless of its embarrassing hypocrisy (as that wing of the party did absolutely everything they could to ensure Labour couldn't win)’ 

3) I don’t know but there are 550,00 members and they sure as shit aren’t representative of the binary discourse we’ve been fed through Twitter and it’s ilk.

This is fucking boring, frankly. Whether your interpretation of posts is so wide of the mark deliberately or otherwise it's making discussion impossible.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Your good ol echo chamber of truth is from months ago. Try the up to date version Skippy.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18871910.labour-nec-vote-reveals-drop-party-membership-since-keir-starmers-election/

50.000 down and will probably plummet again after this shit.

Well, I bow to your googling ability. 

11 minutes ago, Numero said:

I don't believe I know what everyone thinks, stop making things up. I know what people have typed and I judge them on that. It's about Corbyn and I suspect you know it but you're just not honest enough to admit it. It's not about the left or left wing policies. It's about your team. Your tribe. Your man. You're a fucking supporter. There's a reason you're not picking people up on their hatred of left wing policies, it's because there isn't any on here. It's about Corbyn. You spout the shit you're drip fed by Twitter. It's fucking cringeworthy. 

Brilliant.

• Upvote 1