You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

On 02/08/2020 at 22:53, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm a Labour Member and I'm pissed off at my subs being handed out to people making questionable allegations against the party. 

I'm a Unite member and if my subs go to helping bring some of the hideous right wing cunts to book, I'm all for it, and I'm not even a Labour member!

• Upvote 1

'Late last year the former Labour MP Anna Turley sued Unite and the alt-left “news” site Skwawkbox for falsely accusing her of joining the union on a “fraudulent basis”. The judge awarded her punitive damages and estimated costs of at least £1.5m. Skwawkbox’s editor revealed that Unite was meeting his bills too.'

Jesus. 

10 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

'Late last year the former Labour MP Anna Turley sued Unite and the alt-left “news” site Skwawkbox for falsely accusing her of joining the union on a “fraudulent basis”. The judge awarded her punitive damages and estimated costs of at least £1.5m. Skwawkbox’s editor revealed that Unite was meeting his bills too.'

Jesus. 

And your point is?

26 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

My point was pretty clear, I thought. It was 'Jesus, Unite are meeting the editor of Skwawkbox's legal bills'. 

Well as Skwawkox are a left wing, union supporting online paper what's so shocking? They're not the daily mail.

54 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Unions paying the legal bills of editors of online blogs isn’t eyebrow raising to you? 

No not really. Right wing organisations support each other financially all the time, if unite were giving money to people of a different political persuasion or people not at one for the cause my left eyebrow might go a little Carlo Ancelotti.

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Oh, for fucks sake. 

Am I missing some subtle humour here? 

In her defence, she's just paraphrasing some nonsense from the latest dollop of anti-Corbyn blah from The Guardian.

(As a thought experiment, imagine the response if a left-wing Jew had alluded to the Holocaust in such flippant and ambiguous terms.)

20200810_022344.png

41 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Numerous and his merry little band of posters will be happy.  It's all Corbyns fault.

https://www.cityam.com/corbyn-trying-to-wreck-sir-keir-starmers-labour-says-david-miliband/

Not really arsed what he thinks to be honest, I'm more arsed that the labour membership - the actual labour membership, not Momentum or former members of Militant or the St Helen's People's Party, chose Kier Starmer as leader. If people are suggesting vast swathes of the Labour membership aren't left wing enough, then maybe they're in the wrong party - as opposed to everyone else? 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Not really arsed what he thinks to be honest, I'm more arsed that the labour membership - the actual labour membership, not Momentum or former members of Militant or the St Helen's People's Party, chose Kier Starmer as leader. If people are suggesting vast swathes of the Labour membership aren't left wing enough, then maybe they're in the wrong party - as opposed to everyone else? 

Who is suggesting that Starmer voters are not left wing enough. Most people are just suggesting that as leader of the party he should be unbiased with his dealings after promising to try his best to unite the party.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Jesus wept, we're well and truly fucked.