You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think one was just an old pic of the pub we were sat in, he clearly knew he just wanted to tell us he was an actor. 

I got a snap of him and my father in law and he was like a pig in shit, the actor, not the father in law.

Haha as you left you should have gone to shake his hand and said “what’s your name again?” 

Used to know Rhys Ifans in passing, a drink here and there, mainly ‘cause we drank in the same places and he was on the piss all day when he wasn’t working.

Anyhow’s he lost all star appeal one night when about eight(ish) he stood up and in his best Welsh accent said ‘that’s enough for me boyo, I’m off for a Domino’s and a wank’ 

Respect both earned and lost that night.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Used to know Rhys Iifans in passing, a drink here and there, mainly ‘cause we drank in the same places and he was on the piss all day when he wasn’t working.

Anyhow’s he lost all star appeal one night when about eight(ish) he stood up and in his best Welsh accent said ‘that’s enough for me boyo, I’m off for a Domino’s and a wank’ 

That's class.

Kim Marsh used to go out with my cousin before she was famous, I never met her but me mum did. She said her parents used to drive around with a portable karaoke machine in their boot so she could sing at your house or at any impromptu gatherings, whether you wanted her to or not.

They were all around watching Wigan trying to get promoted, everyone crammed into the living room and she was sat right in front of the telly doing leg stretches and stuff, people were telling her to get out of the fucking way.

We've seen that with covid though, the world is in the grip of a life and death struggle and the first instinct of most famous people is to video themselves in their undies singing things can only get better.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Used to know Rhys Ifans in passing, a drink here and there, mainly ‘cause we drank in the same places and he was on the piss all day when he wasn’t working.

He has gone higher up in my estimation. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

That's class.

Kim Marsh used to go out with my cousin before she was famous, I never met her but me mum did. She said her parents used to drive around with a portable karaoke machine in their boot so she could sing at your house or at any impromptu gatherings, whether you wanted her to or not.

They were all around watching Wigan trying to get promoted, everyone crammed into the living room and she was sat right in front of the telly doing leg stretches and stuff, people were telling her to get out of the fucking way.

We've seen that with covid though, the world is in the grip of a life and death struggle and the first instinct of most famous people is to video themselves in their undies singing things can only get better.

Erm..... watch Wigan or watch Kym Marsh in the flesh do leg stretches ???? 

Easiest dilemma ever. It’s not even a dilemma. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I used to shag a bird that ended up going out with the drummer from super furry animals. 

Ifans was great mates with Jude Law and Sadie Frost, he’d fucked Frost on a number of occasions in front of Law and loads of their mates. 

For his birthday one year they had a coffee table with his name spelt out in foot high letters of coke. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I think most famous people are like that, that's probably why they're famous. Me and my father in law were in a boozer by ours a few years back and these two older fellas came in and were dead loud.

One seemed to be getting increasingly agitated that nobody had noticed him and ended up engineering a way of sitting at our table (by asking us if we knew what the pictures on the wall were of?) and then telling us he was an actor. He was on holyoakes apparently. To be fair he seemed a decent bloke but it was fucking weird.

I walked past Jim Rosenthal today. Remember him?

Can't say I noticed but my mate said Fucking Hell, that's Jim Rosenthal. I turned round and lo and behold it was Jim Rosenthal. He seemed a bit embarrassed about being recognised

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I walked past Jim Rosenthal today. Remember him?

Can't say I noticed but my mate said Fucking Hell, that's Jim Rosenthal. I turned round and lo and behold it was Jim Rosenthal. He seemed a bit embarrassed about being recognised

Me uncle and his mates bumped into Des Lynam years ago at Wembley, said he was sound, he was like 'would love to come for a pint with you fellas but I'm in work'. 

Me uncle and his mates bumped into Dea Lynam years ago at Wembley, said he was sound, he was like 'would love to come for a pint with you fellas but I'm in work'. 

Ah, Des Lynam, what a gent

I'd be amazed if he wasn't absolutely top class on a night out

48 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He's a deeply troubled soul, an angry embittered man who had a brief taste of fame and can't let it go. I follow a few people like him on twitter out of morbid fascination as they try to get back into the limelight. Iain lee and Nicky Slater are others. 

I dont follow anyone, I just surf about. As for Brookstein do you think so? He dosnt sound that bitter to me about losing the fame thing , more about the workings of the press . I know Andy Coulson printed a truck load of lies about him after he fell out with Cowell and fair play to him for helping expose the exploitation by press, especially by that rag.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

He does come across as quite angry but maybe he has got every reason to be so. I might start a thread on which celebrity is the most deranged.  

Now you're talking. It's a big pool to choose from,  I'd go for David Beckham.

The likes of Brookstein fall down I reckon by trying to leverage their fame with the wrong people, like he's probably still gigging at Butlins and and people will groan when he comes on, he'd be better doing some kind of talent school shit, those types will be all over it, loads of acting classes and stuff out there run by former extras from The Bill. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The likes of Brookstein fall down I reckon by trying to leverage their fame with the wrong people, like he's probably still gigging at Butlins and and people will groan when he comes on, he'd be better doing some kind of talent school shit, those types will be all over it, loads of acting classes and stuff out there run by former extras from The Bill. 

I dont think he is doing the butlins shit though,  I think he had a massive pay off from the rag and is happy to earn a few quid doing his own thing, although I might be wrong

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Robbie Williams is properly mad. His first autobiography is a slow motion car crash. I don't think he has any sense of how he comes across in the book, needy, insecure and utterly self obsessed. He cannot bear to be alone even for a few minutes so has to have people around him constantly and he spends a lot of time Googling his own name. It's unintentionally a fascinating study of mental illness, addiction and the impact of fame on damaged people. 

I met him in the early/mid nineties down mid wales. I was staying with a bird and a few of my younger mates came down from liverpool. I think he was staying in the bear hotel Crickhowl in the Brecon Beacons, a very beautiful part of the world, Liam Gallagher and a few other stars stayed in the area at the time, the lead singer from the Stereofonics Kelly Jones? apparently was a regular there. I didn't know who the fuck Williams was, the boys sold him a shit load of beak and basically spent the weekend taking the piss out of him. He seemed to look towards me for protection from them but I told him chill out you wont see no harm, i remember he spoke in a very high pitched voice all the time and loved being centre of attention and didnt mind paying for the privilege. I deffo did not put my hand in my pockets when I was in his company that weekend. A year or so later he was a global superstar.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I met him in the early/mid nineties down mid wales. I was staying with a bird and a few of my younger mates came down from liverpool. I think he was staying in the bear hotel Crickhowl in the Brecon Beacons, a very beautiful part of the world, Liam Gallagher and a few other stars stayed in the area at the time, the lead singer from the Stereofonics Kelly Jones? apparently was a regular there. I didn't know who the fuck Williams was, the boys sold him a shit load of beak and basically spent the weekend taking the piss out of him. He seemed to look towards me for protection from them but I told him chill out you wont see no harm, i remember he spoke in a very high pitched voice all the time and loved being centre of attention and didnt mind paying for the privilege. I deffo did not put my hand in my pockets when I was in his company that weekend. A year or so later he was a global superstar.

Yeah he was a mess around that time and thats why Take That (or Gary Barlow) jibbed him because he was doing shit loads of drugs and not being all clean and wholesome. 

He pulled his fucking tooth out you were annoying him that much Gnasher

DOBr1HZWkAESqQL.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah he was a mess around that time and thats why Take That (or Gary Barlow) jibbed him because he was doing shit loads of drugs and not being all clean and wholesome. 

DOBr1HZWkAESqQL.jpg

He likes to depict himself as some sort of tortured genius I think, but in reality is just a helmet.

He likes to depict himself as some sort of tortured genius I think, but in reality is just a helmet.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

DOBr1HZWkAESqQL.jpg

I looked after the boy. Goodness of my heart

• Upvote 1