You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

The Labour Party is the Not The Tory Party. And it's every bit as riven and factional as you'd expect a catch-all for anyone who doesn't like the Tories to be.

I absolutely support the Not the Tory Party FC not the Labour Party FC. 

Also... how hard are Lib Dems laughing at all of this? 

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah. Yep. Yep. Yerrrrp. I just want to go back to 1997, listen to Things Can Only Get Better and pretend they don't get way worse. 

I'd take just going back to 2017 before the election, get Labour to hire Jamie from The Thick of It, and get him to go round to every single Labour candidates house with his hole punch.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

I'd take just going back to 2017 before the election, get Labour to hire Jamie from The Thick of It, and get him to go round to every single Labour candidates house with his hole punch.

I am in. Actually, wait. Back to 2016 and ban bus slogans. Then wait it out for 2017 with the hold punch. 

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I am in. Actually, wait. Back to 2016 and ban bus slogans. Then wait it out for 2017 with the hold punch. 

2017 will do.

Get in power, quietly fuck Brexit off and allow people to order a special new blue passport with a picture of the queen on the front. 

4 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I absolutely support the Not the Tory Party FC not the Labour Party FC. 

Also... how hard are Lib Dems laughing at all of this? 

It's not that funny for us. It may seem counter-intuitive, but we need a strong Labour Party, because they take votes off the Tories, and that's far more beneficial for us under FPTP than a weak Labour Party.

Obviously if we had PR then it would be hilarious.

1 minute ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

It's not that funny for us. It may seem counter-intuitive, but we need a strong Labour Party, because they take votes off the Tories, and that's far more beneficial for us under FPTP than a weak Labour Party.

Obviously if we had PR then it would be hilarious.

If Starmzy goes full centrist how do you reckon the Lib Dems would position themselves?

Just now, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I don't see why we would do anything different. Liberalism is liberalism.

I had a feeling I might get that answer.

But back in the real world a second, the one which had Charles Kennedy and Nick Clegg as leaders, would you campaign to the left of Labour? 

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Well, the chatter from leading candidate (last time I looked) is that she would pull left. There's a place in the Lib Dems for you yet, Jez.

Is that the tall woman with glasses? Yeah, I think I heard that.

All joking aside, I may have to fucking vote Lib Dem at the next election (if I'm still eligible to do so). Labour and Lib Dem are pretty close in 2nd (sadly, fucking miles away from removing the incumbent Tory nonce). So my decision will have to be tactical.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Is that the tall woman with glasses? Yeah, I think I heard that.

All joking aside, I may have to fucking vote Lib Dem at the next election (if I'm still eligible to do so). Labour and Lib Dem are pretty close in 2nd (sadly, fucking miles away from removing the incumbent Tory nonce). So my decision will have to be tactical.

I refer back to my anger over the Lib Dems empowering the Tories and coming a way with a vote on a shitty excuse for PR and labour voters voting against it because even though they accept it was better than FPTP it wasn't PR enough. Centre all the way out to the left are dickheads. I hate us all. Hope we lose. We're so shit people would sooner vote for Boris fucking Johnson. 

That Labour-spy Moran is going to take the Lib Dems to the left of Galloway though. I can feel it.

*Just checked*

Actually Labour beat the Lib Dem by 6k votes last year. It used to be closer and, in fact, before that the Lib Dem was a long way ahead. 

It's basically impossible for the Tories to lose in my constituency. Far too many old racists. In 2015 UKIP beat Lib Dem and Labour.

I do genuinely wonder if there's some kind of cummungs style campaign behind some of these so called "left wing" accounts. It's certainly working. At this rate the next election will still have labour being depicted as a 'party in crisis' and in the midst of a civil war, even though Corbyn lost an election and Starmer was voted in by a landslide of Labour members, despite now somehow being depicted as an insurgent who's stolen labour away from its true self, with all that came before and after corbyn - one of the most rebellious MPs in its modern history - being deemed illegitimate, worthless, or for shits and giggles - protofascist.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jairzinho said:

*Just checked*

Actually Labour beat the Lib Dem by 6k votes last year. It used to be closer and, in fact, before that the Lib Dem was a long way ahead. 

It's basically impossible for the Tories to lose in my constituency. Far too many old racists. In 2015 UKIP beat Lib Dem and Labour.

HAHHAHA. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16110702

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

That Labour-spy Moran is going to take the Lib Dems to the left of Galloway though. I can feel it.

That would work in the South West. There isn't a natural Labour core vote there. Labour vote increased in the South West because of Corbyn, and because Clegg is a massive cunt. But some decent campaigns from the Lib Dems would kill Green and Labour stone dead.

40 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I wont be voting for Labour for the first time in my life if Corbyn gets the whip withdrawn.

I think you will be in the minority though. Most on the left will still vote for Labour. The confused stance on Brexit and supporting Palestinian causes brought Corbyn down... Starmer needs to ensure that the right can’t use the those to smear him in the next election. 

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Are youse the Not Quite The Tory Party? 

The "We will do anything to stop brexit except you know the one thing that will stop brexit and we will also lie to you and not follow through with promises when we cosy up to an abhorrent tory government party" yay! 

giphy.gif.5b98edb2bf86f8b386179b887cf89b